Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-05-2013, 20:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
So I'm hearing anti hobo and not in my back yard. Personally I don't think a hobo or bum makes me look bad any more then Bill Gates or the queen of England makes me look good. Though it might not hurt if I stood a little closer to the queen.

It seems in the US anyway there is no where for the homeless/ hobo / bum boater to go. Everyone says something needs to be done, but yet nothing is done and for most there is no where to go when your down and out. I see homeless out and about everywhere. Some camping under bridges or yes in boats that barely float.

Everyone says not in my back yard, but the reality is that there is no place or help for the vast majority of the homeless.

So any idea's on how to help these people raise themselves up. Oh I know, some are too far gone with drugs or drinking. But that can be said for many well to do too.

So should the bums and hobo's be banned from society, moved to a island away from view, put into group homes, tossed in jail or what.
I've worked in the homeless world before. There is a very large group of people, hobos is the right term, who don't want to assimilate into a healthy society.

They have no desire to "right" their situation because to them it's great. These people, exclusively, are the ones in street corners with signs.