Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2020, 15:04   #856

Boat: Costco boogie board
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Black View Post
People who can't anchor? You mean like literally half of all sailors?
Probably a higher percentage of "marina cruisers"

Precisely! Wide audience appeal is essential for successful content creators. Give it a try!
Old 26-05-2020, 15:26   #857
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Kai View Post
Or a show about people who can't anchor, drifting endlessly without sleep, because Kim Jong Un sets off an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) and none of their gadgets work anymore.

Or just a simple lightning strike
Old 26-05-2020, 15:33   #858

Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post

What about this? I didn't get video unfortunately because my gf's phone deletes video unless you press "confirm" after recording.
Old 26-05-2020, 15:55   #859

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post

hahahaha. H2O, typically in abundance in boating scenarios, can also do the trick!
Old 26-05-2020, 15:57   #860

Quote:

What about this? I didn't get video unfortunately because my gf's phone deletes video unless you press "confirm" after recording.

Tell us about that anchor....
Old 26-05-2020, 16:00   #861

Quote:
Lol... I almost did in the comments incase someone noticed. It is my number three anchor because I was on a mooring with my number 1 and 2 anchors off each quarter. I put that one in the roller because I had space. I retrieved it from the seafloor from the idiot whose rode broke and broke my pullpit and did not pay.
Old 26-05-2020, 16:05   #862

Turned out to not be good for even a number 3 as it was some shoddy homemade design, and i gave it as part exchange for the 22kg fortress I have now.
At the time #1 was a 16kg cqr, and #2 a 12kg cqr. The one in the photo was 10kg, but useless for even kedging.
Old 26-05-2020, 16:29   #863

Quote:
So, in the end I got 30 euros off the fortress, and 20 meters of 8mm chain, which is now on my number 2, which used to be number 1.
Nowhere near the cost of fixing the pullpit, but it's something :P

(His rode broke because it was 14mm polypropylene, so yea, an idiot)
Old 26-05-2020, 16:30   #864

Quote:
Lol... I almost did in the comments incase someone noticed. It is my number three anchor because I was on a mooring with my number 1 and 2 anchors off each quarter. I put that one in the roller because I had space. I retrieved it from the seafloor from the idiot whose rode broke and broke my pullpit and did not pay.

lol. Fair enough. See there's a good story right there. The integrity is in it's authenticity. Get it in the can and don't forget to hit "confirm"!
Old 26-05-2020, 16:37   #865

Quote:
lol. Fair enough. See there's a good story right there. The integrity is in it's authenticity. Get it in the can and don't forget to hit "confirm"!
True, although adventures are usually only fun in hindsight

We got to get ourselves a cheap go-pro tbh, I can make some spearfishing videos too then. Plus I daren't get any decent shots while sailing with the phone as I need it.
Old 26-05-2020, 19:51   #866

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
True, although adventures are usually only fun in hindsight

We got to get ourselves a cheap go-pro tbh, I can make some spearfishing videos too then. Plus I daren't get any decent shots while sailing with the phone as I need it.

Why do you need your phone to such an extent that you can’t interrupt to take some photos or a video? Didn’t you just describe yourself as eschewing instruments and staring at the seas? Just wondering?
Old 27-05-2020, 01:28   #867

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Why do you need your phone to such an extent that you can’t interrupt to take some photos or a video? Didn’t you just describe yourself as eschewing instruments and staring at the seas? Just wondering?
Hi. No, I did make a video, as well as another dozen photos, but it was on the gf's phone, some weird chinese brand, and after recording you have to press a green tick symbol to confirm and save the video. I just minimised it and the video was lost. You can probably find other videos online if you search for the date of the photo and Arguineguin, Gran Canaria. The date etc are attached to the picture in the member galleries. It's a shame the quality was not better, it was only 500-600 meters away at one point, and you could see these tentacles of vapour reaching down from the clouds like some Lovecraftian apocalypse
Old 27-05-2020, 10:33   #868

Quote:
Nothing nowadays. Remember you need to get to a 1000 subs before you can get paid.

My GF has about 50k Subs on her channel....

I'd likely collaborate...
Old 27-05-2020, 10:42   #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Guy View Post
My GF has about 50k Subs on her channel....

I'd likely collaborate...
Cool, what does she do on her channel? I have a 20k like facebook page (Crom - we're Conan the Barbarian fans. My friend runs it now though), but wasn't particluarlly successful in converting that to likes for my sailing fb. Not that I use fb anymore.

Not saying you shouldn't try it mate, it's definitely worth a go. There's many kinds of people out there, so there is a potentially a market for any kind of content.
Old 27-05-2020, 11:26   #870

Quote:
Cool, what does she do on her channel? I have a 20k like facebook page (Crom - we're Conan the Barbarian fans. My friend runs it now though), but wasn't particluarlly successful in converting that to likes for my sailing fb. Not that I use fb anymore.

Not saying you shouldn't try it mate, it's definitely worth a go. There's many kinds of people out there, so there is a potentially a market for any kind of content.

She does travel & yoga, so there's synergy....

I'm partially joking about a channel, but you never know...
Closed Thread

Tags
liveaboard