Cruisers Forum
 


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2020, 06:16   #841
Registered User
 
Captn_Black's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cabo Verde
Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,245
Images: 26
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeron View Post
Maybe automobiles should remove the speedometers and other gauges from their dashboards because some people can't stop staring at them instead of watching the road.

Haha, fair point. Hand steering in the trades i like to face astern watching the swell (and I leave the ensign up at sea for wind direction) so I can react to what is heading at me before it arrives.

Plus that keeps me in the shade of the bimini.
__________________
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard
Captn_Black is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 06:22   #842
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,450
Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeron View Post
Maybe automobiles should remove the speedometers and other gauges from their dashboards because some people can't stop staring at them instead of watching the road.


People in the cruising community have all sorts of different experience and comfort levels. Some travel 5-6k every year, others spend all their time tied on a mooring ball or dock and never go anywhere. It takes all types. People should find out what kind of "sailor" they really are and learn to accept it. Move on, or not...as the case may be.


Yes, and with social media anyone can track your 2 years of cruising experience motoring up and down the east coast ICW.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that. As you say we all have different levels of experience.
smj is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 07:06   #843
Registered User
 
BlackHeron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Velcroed
Boat: Hallberg-Rassy Rasmus 35
Posts: 860
Images: 19
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

If it makes you happy continually sniping at every single post I make here on "cruisers" forums while white-knuckling that mooring ball at BKH the rest of your old man's life then just go ahead. I've had better men than you try to hurt my feelings. It's no sweat off my sack watching your lame and continual attempts.
BlackHeron is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 07:40   #844
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,450
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeron View Post
If it makes you happy continually sniping at every single post I make here on "cruisers" forums while white-knuckling that mooring ball at BKH the rest of your old man's life then just go ahead. I've had better men than you try to hurt my feelings. It's no sweat off my sack watching your lame and continual attempts.


Oh you poor thing.
smj is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 07:46   #845
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: On the water
Boat: OPBs
Posts: 1,306
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Well hasn't this turned into an interesting thread! I'm so grateful that we have the old salts that know all there is to know descending from their place on high to share wisdom. I tug my forelock.
tp12 is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 07:57   #846
Registered User
 
Captn_Black's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cabo Verde
Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,245
Images: 26
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
Well hasn't this turned into an interesting thread! I'm so grateful that we have the old salts that know all there is to know descending from their place on high to share wisdom. I tug my forelock.
Well, there's certainly plenty of salt flying around...
__________________
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard
Captn_Black is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 07:59   #847
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: On the water
Boat: OPBs
Posts: 1,306
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Black View Post
Well, there's certainly plenty of salt flying around...
Haha, you poor innocent bystander you
tp12 is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 08:00   #848
Registered User
 
Macblaze's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Edmonton/PNW
Boat: Hunter 386
Posts: 1,333
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeron View Post
If it makes you happy continually sniping at every single post I make here on "cruisers" forums while white-knuckling that mooring ball at BKH the rest of your old man's life then just go ahead. I've had better men than you try to hurt my feelings. It's no sweat off my sack watching your lame and continual attempts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Oh you poor thing.
Frankly I thought thread drift had gotten weird when people were arguing the merits of 10 to 1 scope (where the h#ll do you have room for 10:1 scope?) but this is turning into a downright soap opera.

__________________
---
Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus...
Macblaze is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 08:31   #849
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 5,450
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Frankly I thought thread drift had gotten weird when people were arguing the merits of 10 to 1 scope (where the h#ll do you have room for 10:1 scope?) but this is turning into a downright soap opera.





Im glad we could produce some entertainment for you guys on a dullTuesday morning!
smj is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 08:43   #850
Registered User
 
Captn_Black's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cabo Verde
Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,245
Images: 26
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Frankly I thought thread drift had gotten weird when people were arguing the merits of 10 to 1 scope (where the h#ll do you have room for 10:1 scope?) but this is turning into a downright soap opera.

I don't think 10:1 is excessive for chain and rode in a storm, although here in Mindelo, Cape Verde, where the gusts are always in the 40's and the holding is not great, I never need more than 7:1.
__________________
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard
Captn_Black is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 14:17   #851
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 96
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

hmmm...maybe I should start a channel.... What's lacking in the content?
Boat Guy is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 14:19   #852
Registered User
 
Captn_Black's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cabo Verde
Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,245
Images: 26
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Guy View Post
hmmm...maybe I should start a channel.... What's lacking in the content?
Nothing nowadays. Remember you need to get to a 1000 subs before you can get paid.
__________________
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard
Captn_Black is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 14:36   #853
Registered User

Join Date: May 2020
Location: Maui
Boat: Costco boogie board
Posts: 89
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Black View Post
Nothing nowadays. Remember you need to get to a 1000 subs before you can get paid.


You're just trying to discourage competition!


I have tons of ideas that have never been done before. Here is just one.

You could do a show about people who sail to a bunch of countries that wont let them in due to virus concerns.
Kimo_Kai is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 14:39   #854
Registered User

Join Date: May 2020
Location: Maui
Boat: Costco boogie board
Posts: 89
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Or a show about people who can't anchor, drifting endlessly without sleep, because Kim Jong Un sets off an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) and none of their gadgets work anymore.
Kimo_Kai is offline  
Old 26-05-2020, 14:46   #855
Registered User
 
Captn_Black's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cabo Verde
Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,245
Images: 26
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Kai View Post
Or a show about people who can't anchor, drifting endlessly without sleep, because Kim Jong Un sets off an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) and none of their gadgets work anymore.
People who can't anchor? You mean like literally half of all sailors?
Probably a higher percentage of "marina cruisers"
__________________
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard
Captn_Black is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
liveaboard

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do the stars under my username mean? BadFish Forum Tech Support & Site Help 30 27-05-2020 16:38
How to post a Youtube Video (with Viewer) using Youtube APP Steadman Uhlich Forum Tech Support & Site Help 4 12-08-2019 15:17
Shooting Stars Jack Long General Sailing Forum 26 19-08-2008 13:18
Where are the stars. Islandmike General Sailing Forum 18 11-04-2006 12:00
Now you get stars for posting!!! Gisle Forum News & Announcements 6 12-05-2003 00:18

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:19.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.