Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2018, 07:01   #391

Boat: in the works
Re: FREE, or close to free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefjo View Post
HOLY CRAP! And it's not a ketch rig! I think I saw one for sale in Maine for 75K.
If you look at the pics he has on Flickr, you'll see she really needs someone who knows what they're doing especially when it comes to glass work. I think it'll be a heavy investment in $$ and time for whomever does end up with it, but what an amazing boat you'll have when its all done!!!! Also.... I saw this boat for sale around last Septemberish, so she's been up for sale for a while. Even still, if it were in my general area I'd buy it.
jefjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 07:20   #392
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

As long as the person undertaking such a project doesn't expect to ever get their "investment" back out, except in time spent enjoying their baby.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 07:27   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
As long as the person undertaking such a project doesn't expect to ever get their "investment" back out, except in time spent enjoying their baby.
Thats for sure. I don't think I've ever said it in this thread, but imho, boats and cars are the WORST investment anyone could ever make. My interest in a boat like this is based of the cool factor. I mean seriously! Look at the interior layout and design!!! Freaking cool AF!!!
Old 26-05-2018, 08:42   #394

FREE Pearson 26

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/f...599634688.html
Old 26-05-2018, 08:46   #395

As is/ where is, best offer Hunter 30 (Maine)

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/h...596490886.html
Old 26-05-2018, 09:45   #396

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406Columbia View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/30-ft-Islan...YAAOSw0SJbAema

An old Islander 30, flush deck with dinette layout and two quarter births. Get her before she gets scrapped. Funny, I looked for one of these for over a year and now that I am well into the old Columbia 29 I have seen no less than three pop up in the last two weeks. Go figure
That's why I am saying us old crazy guys need a big piece of property, a big truck and trailer to go get these classics and spend our retirements restoring them! Oh,we'll need a generous and equally crazy benefactor too. That Invicta is one that might really tempt me too!
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 09:54   #397

Quote:
HOLY CRAP! And it's not a ketch rig! I think I saw one for sale in Maine for 75K.
They came as a yawl I think. That one looks nice! Maybe it is one of the first???I wonder if the engine runs. It LOOKS like it does. And I wonder if the board still can be lowered? For someone with the time and space to work on her, I could definitely see it!
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Old 26-05-2018, 10:08   #398

Boat: Columbia 29 MK1 Hull #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
That's why I am saying us old crazy guys need a big piece of property, a big truck and trailer to go get these classics and spend our retirements restoring them! Oh,we'll need a generous and equally crazy benefactor too. That Invicta is one that might really tempt me too!
I cannot stop thinking about the Islander 30, I feel like I am cheating on my Columbia 29.

Anyway the Invicta is just too beautiful to not be restored. Can just picture her refit and out on the water cruising the South Pacific, its too perfect. I need to stop talking about her. Don if I had a trailer big enough and a truck stout enough to pull her I would get the dozer to my house this week to clear land to park her.
406Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 13:20   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406Columbia View Post
I cannot stop thinking about the Islander 30, I feel like I am cheating on my Columbia 29.

Anyway the Invicta is just too beautiful to not be restored. Can just picture her refit and out on the water cruising the South Pacific, its too perfect. I need to stop talking about her. Don if I had a trailer big enough and a truck stout enough to pull her I would get the dozer to my house this week to clear land to park her.
yep, you got the bug bad, man. btw, once you get out sailing you'll lust less for other boats... i wonder if there is a life lesson in there somewhere? right now you are imagining how much perfection there will be with this or that design and it is really distracting. so many boats, so little time!
that said, if you get that invicta i'll help sail her!!
if it helps at all I really think Olin Stephens drew a better design than McGlasson did, though I did love my ol' 24 McGlasson design for all she could do in a 24' loa.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Old 26-05-2018, 17:29   #400

Quote:
yep, you got the bug bad, man. btw, once you get out sailing you'll lust less for other boats... i wonder if there is a life lesson in there somewhere? right now you are imagining how much perfection there will be with this or that design and it is really distracting. so many boats, so little time!
that said, if you get that invicta i'll help sail her!!
if it helps at all I really think Olin Stephens drew a better design than McGlasson did, though I did love my ol' 24 McGlasson design for all she could do in a 24' loa.
Yeah the S&S is far more attractive, I just need to get my C29 in the water like you say and enjoy her. Although that darn Invicta, what can I say! Its the perfect companion to the C29 and I should have them both lol.
Old 26-05-2018, 18:45   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
HR27, well known model, very solid, good pedigree. Located on Lake Ontario, just east of Toronto. According to the ad I think they will take any offer. I would not be surprised if this were a $100 boat that you could safely sail away. My only complaint is that the inboard volvo is gas, not diesel, otherwise it would be suitable to sail south to the caribbean.

Can anyone identify that volvo from the picture?

If the volvo is less than 10hp, then only a receipt is needed...not other paperwork would be required (in Canada). Boats under 10hp in canada do not need to be registered or licensed, and in many cases, home owners insurance will cover this sort of boat as well.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...m_medium=email

From the ad:

Must sell. Price reduced.

Noelani2 has had the same owner for 45+ years. Reluctant sale but she now needs a new owner. Designed by George Hinterhoeller. Solid fibreglass, no laminate. She's a capable heavy weather boat but also moves well in a light breeze.

Volvo Penta 2 cyl gas inboard with feathering prop
Wheel Steering
Internal Halyards
Aluminum toe rail with plenty of tie points
Stainless steel water and holding tanks
Cast Iron Keel
Steel cradle and winter frame.

Lots of sails, including #1 #2 Genoa, spinnaker, working jib, main, etc, but presently unsure of complete inventory. Sails are well used but functional.

She is in need of a good cleanup and wood needs to be redone, but cosmetic items only. A very solid cruiser.
Planning to launch early June. Frenchman's Bay.

2014 Survey and complete history available.

Try your offer.

Please email through Kijiji, txt or call 613-968-1283.

Thank You

The Volvo Penta engine is an MB10a model, 15 h.p.......... Sold between 1971 and 1977. If memory serves me they are still being produced in Denmark or Norway, but not by VP.

DougR
DougR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 06:25   #402

Quote:
Are you suggesting a partnership? I'm in.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:52   #403

Quote:
I will bring the truck to this parts and if I re axle my beast trailer I will take off the three 5200 lbs axles and throw three 7k axles. Then we can grab bigger boats hahaha.

That Invicta is like the C29 but WAY bigger, love it.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:59   #404

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark

Quote:
I have access to a Freightliner FLD. All we need is a cheap lowboy trailer and we can get some BIG boats.
Old 27-05-2018, 07:53   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveslide View Post
I have access to a Freightliner FLD. All we need is a cheap lowboy trailer and we can get some BIG boats.
boy that would let you get some BIG boats. Maybe we need an East Coast coalition and a West Coast one. Big classics!