Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2024, 16:40   #1606

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 33
Re: FREE, or close to free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagazio View Post
I've given up on trying to use FB Groups because my posts all end up in a "pending" void. So I came back to the gold standard for information, forums. I found this thread and would like to talk about my find in October. I got a Pearson 30 for $19.99 plus a $300 fee from a donor boat place. It floats, had a cradle and the place it's kept is pretty cheap for metro Detroit. I should say it's in the water and doing well. I definitely needs tidying up. I came here because after starting the engine, I found the seal weeping on water pump the Atomic 4. I'm going to post about that elsewhere. But for now, I thought I'd share my steal.
Man, just a water pump seal weeping.... easy fix.... probably 10 or more youtube how to videos on replacing it.
ekelly36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2024, 16:46   #1607
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
I've given up on trying to use FB Groups because my posts all end up in a "pending" void. So I came back to the gold standard for information, forums. I found this thread and would like to talk about my find in October. I got a Pearson 30 for $19.99 plus a $300 fee from a donor boat place. It floats, had a cradle and the place it's kept is pretty cheap for metro Detroit. I should say it's in the water and doing well. I definitely needs tidying up. I came here because after starting the engine, I found the seal weeping on water pump the Atomic 4. I'm going to post about that elsewhere. But for now, I thought I'd share my steal.
Get the rebuild kit and should take about a half hour to do the job .
https://moyermarine.com/product-category/pumpsparts/
Old 24-05-2024, 21:35   #1608

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Quote:
Welcome aboard! The guy next to me has a Pearson 30 too. I haven't sailed one but it seems like a nice boat! Congratulations! If you hunt around for a consignment shop for parts you can keep her affordable. And I have had good luck with a used sail from Bacon too: https://baconsails.com/ and there are others. There are ways to keep costs down and get her sailing soon! Good luck!
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2024, 05:47   #1609

Boat: 1976 Pearson 30 #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelly36 View Post
Man, just a water pump seal weeping.... easy fix.... probably 10 or more youtube how to videos on replacing it.
I have the parts, I just don't know how to get to the pump on this boat. I hear small people can do it. I'm on a tight budget and am not paying for someone to do it. I have to redo my battery boxes to get in there. I was just looking for more P30 owners with atomic 4's for their input. So far, no comments on my post in "engines".
dagazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2024, 05:49   #1610

Boat: 1976 Pearson 30 #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Bacon too: https://baconsails.com/ and there are others. There are ways to keep costs down and get her sailing soon! Good luck!
Thanks
dagazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2024, 08:25   #1611

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Quote:
I have the parts, I just don't know how to get to the pump on this boat. I hear small people can do it. I'm on a tight budget and am not paying for someone to do it. I have to redo my battery boxes to get in there. I was just looking for more P30 owners with atomic 4's for their input. So far, no comments on my post in "engines".
You might also try posting in "Monohulls" with a title like "Calling all Pearson 30 owners!" I bet many still have the Atomic 4s, or would remember how to do it.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2024, 12:05   #1612
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Post a couple pictures of it and it's specific location in your engine room I can figure it out and talk you through it .
Can't remember doing a p30 atomic but I'm sure I have somewhere in my 40 years doing boat work