Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 15:13   #286

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat
Re: In Prison in St Lucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by weto View Post
WOW ! I'm amazed that some folks here are condemning this man based on his "look". Making drug comments etc. after viewing the video posted earlier. THATS some real slimey **** as far as I'm concerned !
"Slimey ****?" C'mon man lets keep it somewhat respectable here. I stand by what I said. Tell me weto after seeing the video do you or do you not believe Capt Eric has the definite appearance of a Rasta Dude? And the one common denominator of ALL Rasta Dudes is.........? Thats right.

Im not condemning Capt. Eric. Only the courts can do that. I hope he's innocent and was truly only protecting himself/family/vessel. And that drugs were not involved. All I'm saying is that, given his appearance there just may be more to the story than what's been said up til now. No matter what his appearance hasn't helped him.
Old 03-01-2013, 17:54   #287

THAT is pure ignorance ! I know several people with dreds that are not stoners at all. Your logic is twisted, its like me assuming that all sailors are rich white dweebs. Oops! Sorry I said that....
Old 03-01-2013, 19:57   #288
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by category4jay View Post
"Slimey ****?" C'mon man lets keep it somewhat respectable here. I stand by what I said. Tell me weto after seeing the video do you or do you not believe Capt Eric has the definite appearance of a Rasta Dude? And the one common denominator of ALL Rasta Dudes is.........? Thats right.

Im not condemning Capt. Eric. Only the courts can do that. I hope he's innocent and was truly only protecting himself/family/vessel. And that drugs were not involved. All I'm saying is that, given his appearance there just may be more to the story than what's been said up til now. No matter what his appearance hasn't helped him.
Bad Juror!.....LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 21:17   #289

weto chill out. its obvious where you stand on this. btw you never answered the question.
Old 03-01-2013, 21:21   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Bad Juror!.....LOL
actually i might surprise you where i stand on such things; in fact i've been on several jury's
Old 03-01-2013, 22:16   #291

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Quote:
I think he is saying that you have already "hung" this guy without knowing all the facts..He thinks you are biased and that you have judged a book by its cover ...I think, he thinks that you walked into the court room with a verdict of guilty just from his looks and some comments from CF...I think thats what he is saying..
Oh... Well that is odd... Thanks for clarifying. I'm just not sure how the cops ever linked the guy in the water (drowning due to heart attack?) to the guy on the boat unless someone opened their mouth.

I agree with most posters here that when you enter a country you agree to abide to both their legal frameworks and social morals. That doesn't mean you have to hand yourself to them on a platter.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:05   #292
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

I think I hold the record at serving on jury duty,3 times! They let me off the 3rd time my name came up,most serve once,maybe twice in a life time,but 3!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00   #293

Actually I did answer it, you've condemned him based on his look. That aint right. You talk from your high horse, dont know the guy and assume he's a druggy based on his "look". You said it not me. There are several folks that have made remarks about this guy that are pure ignorance.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03   #294
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
I think I hold the record at serving on jury duty,3 times! They let me off the 3rd time my name came up,most serve once,maybe twice in a life time,but 3!
My wife was called in for jury duty 3-4 times over about two years. Never actually served on a jury. Every time she got to the interview process as soon as the defense attorneys interviewed her and found out she had a college degree she was excused. Seems like they felt like an uneducated juror would be easier to fool.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13   #295
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: In Prison in St Lucia

Quote:
Actually I did answer it, you've condemned him based on his look. That aint right. You talk from your high horse, dont know the guy and assume he's a druggy based on his "look". You said it not me. There are several folks that have made remarks about this guy that are pure ignorance.
One could say I started it...
but its a fact of life... one is judged by appearance as I know all to well.. its no reflection on the man.
But do not expect most folk not to find 'different' unsettling..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 04-01-2013, 13:00   #296
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
But do not expect most folk not to find 'different' unsettling..
Yup. whether "you" like it or not, or consider it "fair" .

Of course the opposite in appearance also applies - suit and tie / looking harmless and non-descript don't guarantee innocence. but it can help .
Old 08-01-2013, 18:23   #297

Boat: PETERSON 44
The good news is we all look different to some other. I looked pretty weird long distance running through a burrow where a white man had never been seen. Kids were like mommy look that man is white. Better news less of us care.A guy with that hair style had little effect on me. We have little to no information. One guy with that same hairstyle was the most helpful guy. Meanwhile crew cut marine guy that I shoved off a shoal was an utter dick. I would have preferred to have pushed off some guy with a different view point then some up tight lawyer that could no handle handle what was going on.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12   #298

Boat: others

ok if Eric Sommes is still in prison can everybody reading this. email the st lucia goverment asking why , and then see what happens
Old 11-01-2013, 04:43   #299
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytheboat View Post
ok if Eric Sommes is still in prison can everybody reading this. email the st lucia goverment asking why , and then see what happens
Why? Because its the process of law.
His trial is set for June.
He will be in there till then.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 27-01-2013, 05:21   #300

Boat: O'day 302, 30'
Quote:
WOW ! I'm amazed that some folks here are condemning this man based on his "look". Making drug comments etc. after viewing the video posted earlier. THATS some real slimey **** as far as I'm concerned !
Sure as hell is! What a shame.
Closed Thread