Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-02-2019, 17:14   #1

Boat: Vaitses/Herreshoff Meadow Lark 37'
Being safe around ropes

When I was taking riding lessons as a kid, the instructors made a strict point about always holding a lead in such a way that you'd not be trapped if the horse bolted.

Years later I received similar advice in dog training classes. Of course my dog only weighed 18 pounds, but some had dogs big enough to be dangerous.

I've heard similar advice in sailing classes regarding how to hold a winch handle, but I don't think I've heard anyone say anything about the various ropes and lines that clutter a boat.

But it is something we should be aware of, and should point out to every passenger.

Dancer's hand ripped clean off in freak boating accident
Jdege is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rope

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On