Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 10:02   #1396

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.
Re: Make Money While Cruising - List

Along with making money, how about some experienced ideas on how to save money? The basic ideas of saving we all know but if you have something going and then hire a local to be the front person, sell your jewelry, collectables, wood products, would that save permits, paper work and the need for a license? Like, your boat to charter but a local to act as Capitan? I am sure there are a lot of ways to shave your expenses. Cutting down on the grog ration would help but that would be my last resort. And may start a mutiny.
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 18:51   #1397

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8

One of the reasons I make hard apple cider is to save money. Also it's fun , no preservatives and the ingredients will store almost indefinitely. PS I started out sprouting grain and making home brew but cider is so much easier, and in my opinion tastier .
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 18:13   #1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, mjmtv.

The FOREX market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart.
That's the same with any market. There has to be a seller for someone to buy.
Old 03-03-2017, 19:15   #1399

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

I would think chartering your boat would work but you will probably have to hire a local as cap. and you be the crew. May be better if cap was a she!
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 20:53   #1400

Thanks !

I haven't bought the boat yet and am still gaining skills but I'm on my way. I've definitely kept the chartering idea in mind and would be fine with that. I'm almost 50 myself and have travelled solo by motorcycle most of my life but am transferring that love to boats now, very different way of traveling to what I know but I'll get the hang of it.
Don't mind who the Cap is for chartering but will keep it in mind.

Thanks
Hobs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 17:07   #1401

Boat: Formosa 41

Mrs. Flare and I are in FL and we went into town the other day. Taped to a light pole was a photocopy of a little dog with a bow on his head with a $1,500.00 reward for his return.

We need to find that dog.

Edit to add: Or one very similar.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 17:44   #1402

Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"

So you're suggesting a career as serial dog-napper in affluent neighborhoods as you cruise around? It might just work!
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 18:39   #1403

Boat: Formosa 41
Wink Re: Make Money While Cruising - List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormorant View Post
So you're suggesting a career as serial dog-napper in affluent neighborhoods as you cruise around? It might just work!
Well, I didn't actually say that but that happens to be exactly what I'm thinking.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 23:09   #1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmtv View Post
the best way to unlimited money is to learn futures and commodities trading, ...when you're good enough, you can trade anywhere in the world...
In actuality, learning how to trade is quite simple, it's the mentality, and dicipline that is the difficult part.

I know lots of people personally, that do pretty well trading the FOREX market. One of my friends started with $1000, grew it to 10k and then blew it back down to 1k all in 1 month. but now he is back and averages about 2,500 a week.

Another suggestion, a lot of people usually have a bad taste for is, network marketing. Some of these companies you can do 100% online. Some are complete scams others are legit.. Same as any other business people anywhere. i.e. brokers, mechanics, etc.. bad apples in anything. But there are lots of good apples too.

I've traded stocks, penny stocks, then FOREX, and tried building a couple MLM/network marketing businesses. They take mental toughness, dicipline, and time, the reward is worth the losses, and time spent.

Learn more about FOREX: School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading
Book, Naked FOREX ebook: http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...mentid=1518858
Download the "MetaTrader 4" mobile app, also for mac, windows, etc.

iMarketsLive FOREX company, that has really great services and education. Also an MLM company you can do online.

My two cents.

Downside to trading, is you stop trading, money stops flowing, but its pretty easy to do once you got it down. Some it takes them a month to figure it out, others take a year or more. If you put in the time like you would a college degree, or high school, you'll master a skill that will really let you be free. Out of all the options to making money while cruising, day trading, investing is probably the simplest. "Mindset"
SiempreLibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 19:02   #1405

A friend of mine & wife retired bought a Morgan and moved to Kemah, TX to outfit their boat for a year. To save money they bought a commercial sewing machine and was making new canvas and interior. Boat owners keep coming by and asking if they would redue their boat. 3 years later they headed for open water with a fat bank account.
LuvtheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:41   #1406

Make simple websites that generate leads and sell them to a legit business!! I'm doing it now so I can build enough recurring monthly income to fulfill my dream to cruise with my family
SM Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 14:36   #1407

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM Rob View Post
Make simple websites that generate leads and sell them to a legit business!! I'm doing it now so I can build enough recurring monthly income to fulfill my dream to cruise with my family
Rob,

What do you mean when you say 'that generate leads'?

You know this is a cruising and sailing forum, not website creators' forum - not everybody knows what the jargon stands for.

Can you give us an example of such a website that you have created and sold?

I used to create and sell websites but found the skill obsolete now that a website can be generated online in less than one hour by a basically html/css/xml ignorant person.

Thanks,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 16:19   #1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Rob,

What do you mean when you say 'that generate leads'?

You know this is a cruising and sailing forum, not website creators' forum - not everybody knows what the jargon stands for.

Can you give us an example of such a website that you have created and sold?

I used to create and sell websites but found the skill obsolete now that a website can be generated online in less than one hour by a basically html/css/xml ignorant person.

Thanks,
b.

Sorry! For example. I built this site

www.towingsouthjersey.com

Simple site nothing fancy. The key to the site is really good content that google likes.

And now that site pops up when you search towing in Sicklerville, camden, Vineland, Edison and a couple other places.

I attach a tracking number. And find a tow truck driver looking for more work. Every time someone calls that number it gets forwarded to a real tow truck driver. And he pays me a fee every month to "rent" my website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5606.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	147320

And I have a bunch of sites I'm working on. Carpet cleaning, concrete, window tinting, car and boat detailing. So once I have about 20-25 sites paying me a monthly fee it won't stop.

And if for some reason the client stops paying I just find another tow driver or carpet cleaner.

The best part is I can build a website for any area so I can do this from remote locations and all I need is wifi.
SM Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:54   #1409

Boat: a sailing boat

Argghh.

Yes. You are much smarter than me. When I designed and built websites, I got paid per job. There were no monthlies unless I did admin job (which I tried to avoid as then I would have no time to study and travel).

Well done. Hope your tactic will get you to freedom very soon! Good luck!

barnakiel
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:10   #1410

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8

B is for brilliant. Awesome idea!
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle