Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2019, 05:43   #1

Boat: Leopard 40 Catamaran
92-year old Navy veteran on boat delivery.

Hey there fellow cruisers. This is my first post on the Cruisers Forum and I'd appreciate opinions any and all about an upcoming passage my wife and I are planning.

Background: We finally are making time to do some cruising. After a 25 year hiatus away from the water we pulled the trigger and bought a Leopard 40 catamaran. We take delivery late June in Fort Lauderdale and plan to sail her up the East Coast to the Chesapeake Bay. We plan to be in the Gulfstream 5-7 days straight during the almost 1000 mile trip.

Question: How feasible is it for a 92 year old person to make this trip with us. My father is absolutely determined to join my wife and I on this trip? He still drives a car but his mobility is very challenged and I'm very concerned about him getting injured or worse during the trip. We'll never be more than 24 hours from a decent port if we need to come to shore. However, due to many extenuating circumstances, I need to get the boat out of Florida and up to Virginia ASAP.

FWIW: We will have an experienced boat delivery captain on board with us.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Kurt
Snowind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, delivery, navy