Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 13:32   #1201

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: WeatherFax ...

Thank you Stellian,
Last night I revised my PR to Sean. This morning I made a two adjustments to apply the libaudio\config.h to remove the duplicate define of snprintf with appveyor ov50 instead of before that, which fixed the appveyor builds in my repository. I tested both the ov42 and ov50 versions and with the exception of the decoder second screen problem, they work. I have 3 PR's to Sean with these changes.
https://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi/pulls

Therefore, I suggest the following:
1. I clone your repository and test it.
2. Sean Merges my PR #126 to update the XMLs https://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi/pull/126
3. Sean Merges my PR #127 Win Changes which works https://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi/pull/127
4. Sean Merges your future PR for your changes, thus hopefully fixing Decoder for everyone (ov42-ov48 and ov50)
5. Then and only then, Sean Merges my PR #128 ov50 appevory which works. https://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi/pull/128

I will now clone your repos and test it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelian View Post
Hi Rick,

I think I managed to fix this and some other small bugs, including a proper fix for the "mouse click for Android" bug.

I've pushed the changes to my repo: http://github.com/stelian42/weatherfax_pi.git

Can you please test and report back, if it's ok I'll put up a merge request for Sean.

Thanks,

Stelian.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 13:38   #1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
Hi Rick,

just tried it and downloaded from the link provided.
The file is weatherfax_pu-1.8002h-ov50-new-xml-win32.exe
The issue persists.

Btw, I am using an audio file sample from the web.
If I retrieve a file directly via the web it displays fine.
Still, in a way that defeats my objective. If I have web access I'd be using primarily Gribs.
Without web it would be weatherfax as audio over the air.

I'm on a Dell Latitude E7240 with Win10Pro (64Bit).
Resolution is 1366x768
OpenCPN is release 9065270.

Regards,

Franziska

Thank you Franziska, that is very helpful. We know there are some problems, and Stelian and I are working on some of them concurrently.
I am afraid we are still in the testing stage and you are one of our testers now!

Can you please describe with words, stating the steps you are taking, the menu and command selections being made and one or two screenshots showing what the problem is? -I now think your problem is something new we were not aware of.

Thanks very much, for your patience.
Old 10-04-2019, 13:48   #1203

Boat: First 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
3. Sean Merges my PR #127 Win Changes which works https://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi/pull/127

You need to rework this one because I properly fixed the list problem at the source (in the WeatherFax.fbp, instead of modifying WeatherFaxUI.cpp which will be regenerated by the wxFormBuilder tool).

Stelian.
stelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 13:51   #1204

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Hi, here is what I do.

Basically I start OpenCPN. Than I start a demo wav file of a weatherfax over the speaker(it's quiet around here apart from that) and run the weather fax Plug-in.
Once I have captured the file I hit next on the bottom.
I can only resize the main Plug-in windows on the right (see screenshot).
The window which displays the images can not be resized and so anything to the right of the word "Get" on the bottom stays hidden.

I am still trying to get a better image quality as well while playing with filters and threshold.

Hope that helps. Thanks for fixing this, sincerely Guinnpig Fran :-)
Old 10-04-2019, 13:53   #1205

Here the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190410_225156.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	189833  
Old 10-04-2019, 13:58   #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
Here the screenshot.

For whatever reason the maximum width was constrained to 320 pixels (but the constrain doesn't seem to work on Linux anyway, but it obviously works on Windows). This should also be fixed in my latest changes.
Old 10-04-2019, 14:20   #1207

Hey Stelian.

Good news to hear that.
Is that fixed file already available on the normal Plug-in download page?
I'm happy to try it.

What would be nice to have, would also be a way to show the complete image while decoding the audio stream.
Like a zoom button.

Last not least, I do not get to open the window which might need to show when I hit previous...
Not sure what I should expect there, but the arrow Prev results in no action.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190410_231922.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	189834  
Old 10-04-2019, 14:23   #1208

One more, I do miss a way to reset/clear the image window button when I abort or stop the audio stream.
Should this not happen when I close the plugin? Right now I have to restart O to achieve this.

Apart from that I noticed the image quality gets much better with 265 colors. Could you adjust the default to this value? Min was automatically at something like 32000 colors, which resulted in a very dark image.

I did notice in SeaTTY that the image improved also a lot when I did open the audio file directly.
So best procedure is perhaps to record the audio stream separately to a file and than open it directly in the plugin.

And one more [emoji3]
Adjusting skew & phase on the short scale with a slider is a pain. A plus and minus button would perhaps work better. Especially on a rocking boat.
Old 10-04-2019, 14:30   #1209

Stelian, I've compiled it for ov42-ov48 and run some tests on it.
1. The mouse controls seem to work well and we can adjust size from the menu for the first window, the second window.
2. We can select weatherfax urls from both the first two menus with mouse clicks or with keyboard arrows and holding down shift and pushing the up or down arrow.
4. InetRetireval Menu, Highlight urls to download and push the Selected button, it works.
5. InetRetrieval Menu, Check several boxes in the first column and push Scheduled, it works.
6. In the internet retrieval menu we can select all by selecting top box in the first row. Then try to push the "Scheduled" button, it does not work.
7. It would be nice to have these menu positions and sizes be remembered so we don't have to redo them every time.

Decoder-Fax Wizard, (File - Edit)
We seem to be missing some of the steps previously taken with the Decoder and I am puzzled why. There only appears to be one screen, before there was:
1. an opening screen to adjust skew I think.
2. second screen to set and adjust coordinates, projection, etc.
3. third screen to see how the coordinateset was applied and give a chance to adjust further.
Please explain what has happened here.

The decoder window is not adjustable but is some size a bit smaller that the screen size I guess. When we are making these adjustments it would almost be best to have this adjustible from the corner and have the setting remembered. Maybe a full screen button or something? The problem is that we often need to see the small text in the fax to set coordinates. I guess we should be using Windows10's Handicapped Magnifier utility here? Just thought of that.

Now the real problem is that the coordinates are cut off and not big enough, and the space between the coordinates could be reduced a lot in favor of more space to show all the data. The guys maintaining the XML files really need to see these numbers or we cannot do a good job and have to go back to earlier versions which work better. Please see attached screenshot.

For those who would like to be testers, Stelian's file is attached. Please remove the pdf and install into Opencpn v4.8.8 and report your findings here.

Stelian, thank you so much for fixing these vexing problems. I know how wxFormBuilder can be very difficult to work with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (14).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	424.7 KB
ID:	189840  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf weatherfax_pi-1.8.002-ov42-ov48-stelian-win32.exe.pdf (714.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-04-2019, 14:37   #1210

Hey Rick,

I love to test it but I'm on version 5, so it's not compatible.

Thanks for the info in the last post, that explains why I am not seeing everything.

Full screen button is a great idea. Or flexible resizable which would be better but probably much more complicated.

It's close to midnight here. Have fun and sleep equally well when it's bedtime for you guys.

N8N8 et bon nuit, Franziska
Old 10-04-2019, 14:42   #1211

OK Stelian, I could do that, and maybe I should do so, but if your PR is accepted by Sean after my PR #127 I think your change will be applied, won't it?

If not, I will change it. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelian View Post
You need to rework this one because I properly fixed the list problem at the source (in the WeatherFax.fbp, instead of modifying WeatherFaxUI.cpp which will be regenerated by the wxFormBuilder tool).

Stelian.
Old 10-04-2019, 15:15   #1212

Quote:
6. In the internet retrieval menu we can select all by selecting top box in the first row. Then try to push the "Scheduled" button, it does not work.
7. It would be nice to have these menu positions and sizes be remembered so we don't have to redo them every time.

I'll look at those.

Quote:
Decoder-Fax Wizard, (File - Edit)
We seem to be missing some of the steps previously taken with the Decoder and I am puzzled why. There only appears to be one screen, before there was:
1. an opening screen to adjust skew I think.
2. second screen to set and adjust coordinates, projection, etc.
3. third screen to see how the coordinateset was applied and give a chance to adjust further.
Please explain what has happened here.

I do get the "skew" screen when I open a "wav" file or when I hit "Capture". However, when I open a "png" file or some other sort of image file I'll get to the second screen immediately. Isn't this the wanted behaviour ?

Quote:
The decoder window is not adjustable but is some size a bit smaller that the screen size I guess.

I assume you're talking about the graphic image being drawn while decoded from the audio stream. I'm not sure it's easy to resize, will look into the code.

Quote:
Now the real problem is that the coordinates are cut off and not big enough, and the space between the coordinates could be reduced a lot in favor of more space to show all the data. The guys maintaining the XML files really need to see these numbers or we cannot do a good job and have to go back to earlier versions which work better. Please see attached screenshot.

So you want me to make those coordinate fields a bit bigger. This will be easy.

Quote:
I know how wxFormBuilder can be very difficult to work with.

Yes, it's really painful...
Old 10-04-2019, 15:29   #1213

Ok I see what you've done. I think I will just undo the ifdef statements and we can just have your's applied in the order I outlined.

That way, there will also be a better working version for ov42--ov488 in Sean's repos, as well as ov50 following that.

I've removed my PR #127 for Win Changes and added a suggested order for Sean to merge.

Quote:
OK Stelian, I could do that, and maybe I should do so, but if your PR is accepted by Sean after my PR #127 I think your change will be applied, won't it?

If not, I will change it. Let me know.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:53   #1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason
I tested this and it does work for me: I go into the Internet retrieval dialog, select for example "DWD" and "All" faxes (there are about 10 entries), click on the header of the first column so I can get a "x" in the first column for all the faxes, then click the "Scheduled" button. This will retrieve all the faxes one after another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelian
I do get the "skew" screen when I open a "wav" file or when I hit "Capture". However, when I open a "png" file or some other sort of image file I'll get to the second screen immediately. Isn't this the wanted behaviour ?
Can you confirm it works correctly and I did not break up something here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelian
So you want me to make those coordinate fields a bit bigger. This will be easy.
Done and pushed to my repo.

Stelian.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:06   #1215

Stelian, I was testing in ov488 as that is my tablet compile setup. I will fetch and check again, this morning.

Then I'll make a new branch from my xml beanch, push it to my repos, pull your changes, and then make a new commit on that branch for appveyor ov50 and will test that in ov50

Tags
paracelle