Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2016, 13:30   #211
Marine Service Provider

Re: OpenCPN RC 4.1.1301 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
In a similar vein, changing the brightness using F6 does not change anything on the screen, however the popup showing the brightness level does.

Jon
Same here on raspberry pi 4.1.1301 latest compiled from GIT F6 - no change on screen.

Tested on Unbutu 14.04 x32 and 15.10 x64 with 4.1.1301 installed with apt-get from beta - then F6 works as intended.
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 13:34   #212

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Hi,
I have just been testing the dimming of the display using the colour scheme icon to go between day, dusk, night & RGB and whilst the screen and normal objects do change the dialog boxes when opened show in day colours. To demonstrate set colours to dusk then open the option dialog, this is shown in day colours. The only bit that changes is the list of plugins.

In a similar vein, changing the brightness using F6 does not change anything on the screen, however the popup showing the brightness level does.

I am running this under Ubuntu 14.04 and am testing this with 1301 and update 71d981a . I also get the following error shown in my IDE
Code:
execvp(xcalib, /tmp/KhAiEQ) failed with error 2!
Not quite sure what that means though.

Jon
Better use f.lux ( https://justgetflux.com/ ). It is available for all major operating systems and has far better results than any other attemps.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 13:41   #213

Hi,

When closing a dashboard with its windows 'x' the canvas is reacting to the mouse click, ie the chart moves. It wasn't the case in 4.0.
did-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 15:17   #214

Boat: Richter 42

Gerhard,
I am trying to use the standard facility that is in OCPN, it just seems to be broken at the moment. It looks like f.lux adjusts your whole machine and is independent of the other software running on it. It may be a better overall solution, but OCPN still needs to continue to provide the dimming and colour schemes for users to choose how they want the display.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 16:26   #215
Marine Service Provider

Littlechay....

Re: export freeze...

Just to confirm, in the freeze case, you never even get the file selector dialog? Just black screen?

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 16:36   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Littlechay....

Re: export freeze...

Just to confirm, in the freeze case, you never even get the file selector dialog? Just black screen?

Thanks
Dave

Correct,

But see above post. I deleted the ini file and the problem went away. I posted the problem ini file in the post above.

Chris

SY Morgane
http://tweedsworld.com
Littlechay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 16:50   #217

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Hi,
I have just been testing the dimming of the display using the colour scheme icon to go between day, dusk, night & RGB and whilst the screen and normal objects do change the dialog boxes when opened show in day colours. To demonstrate set colours to dusk then open the option dialog, this is shown in day colours. The only bit that changes is the list of plugins.

I am running this under Ubuntu 14.04 and am testing this with 1301 and update 71d981a . I also get the following error shown in my IDE
Code:
execvp(xcalib, /tmp/KhAiEQ) failed with error 2!
Not quite sure what that means though.

Jon
The problem with F6/xcalib is not new. I experienced this quite a few times using 4.0. I think it's something with the initialization of xcalib on boot.
The solution was to reboot, and make sure F6 worked. Once it worked, it never failed during a session.
Just now, F6 works for me, using Kubuntu 14.04 and Git as of today, but it may not work after my next reboot.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 17:18   #218
rhl

Hello

I'm been busy trying to translate OpenCPN & plugins to Portuguese using Crowdin for some time now.
Now I'm reviewing and fine tuning the result so I'v installed version 4.1.1301 and most of the available plugins.
Unfortunately I find out that the translations included in the (Windows) binaries are not updated.

Is there anything that can be done about it?
I was hopping to have a more correct result available in time for next release.

Thanks
rhl
rhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 18:12   #219
Marine Service Provider

Littlechay...

OK, I tried the bad .ini file. Worked fine.

Looks like we have to do this the hard way....

Will you try to copy the bad .ini file over your existing .ini file, and see if you can reproduce the error?

If that fails (we hope), then please try to delete the chart directories, so that no charts are loaded, and try again.

Then try removing PlugIns, one-by-one. Simplify, simplify, until something changes.

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-01-2016, 18:17   #220
Marine Service Provider

rhl....

You will see translations for the OCPN core and built-in PlugIns in the next Release Candidate. The extra PlugIns will follow on their own individual final test builds.

So, translators get one more round of tweaking.

Thanks for your translation efforts. We appreciate it.

Dave
Old 13-01-2016, 00:38   #221

Quote:
Gerhard,
I am trying to use the standard facility that is in OCPN, it just seems to be broken at the moment. It looks like f.lux adjusts your whole machine and is independent of the other software running on it. It may be a better overall solution, but OCPN still needs to continue to provide the dimming and colour schemes for users to choose how they want the display.

Jon
Te dimming of only one application is useless when other parts of the screen are still full bright.

Gerhard
Old 13-01-2016, 01:21   #222

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
Te dimming of only one application is useless when other parts of the screen are still full bright.
Gerhard
Agree! It's a feature to be able to dim the whole machine from within OCPN. Not all machines has an own dim button.
Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 01:38   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Agree! It's a feature to be able to dim the whole machine from within OCPN. Not all machines has an own dim button.
Håkan
The OpenCPN dimming feature has never worked here. So I was searching a better solution and found f.lux ( https://justgetflux.com/ ) which is available for any machine.

Gerhard
Old 13-01-2016, 05:01   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
The OpenCPN dimming feature has never worked here. So I was searching a better solution and found f.lux ( https://justgetflux.com/ ) which is available for any machine.

Gerhard

I tried flux but it doesn't dim the display enough for night time navigation. It is designed to make the screen easier on the eye but that's about it.

Unless I missed something of course.?

I value my night vision and like a dim display at night. All plotters that I have tried are in the main too bright or in night mode loose all contrast. TimeZero has the best implementation of night colours that I have seen .

Chris

SY Morgane
http://tweedsworld.com
Old 13-01-2016, 05:38   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Littlechay...

OK, I tried the bad .ini file. Worked fine.

Looks like we have to do this the hard way....

Will you try to copy the bad .ini file over your existing .ini file, and see if you can reproduce the error?
Grrrr I did that and it all works as it should.

The original problem persisted even during reboots so I have no idea.. some corruption in permissions perhaps?

Chris

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn