Version 2.3.0 is released, and available for immediate download.
is a free and OpenSource navigation
package running on Windows, linux
, and Macintosh computers
Some features of OpenCPN include:
- Quilted Raster(RNC) and Vector(ENC, cm93) digital chart display
- Industry standard GPS
receiver interfacing, with "moving map" on-screen vessel tracking.
receiver interfacing with configurable target safety
- Integrated Route
, Track, and Waypoint database, with industry standard Import/Export capabilities
- Tide and Current
prediction, with on-screen overlay of predicted data.
- Broad International Language support
OpenCPN is designed to be easy to install, configure, and use daily.
OpenCPN may be freely downloaded and installed without cost, registration
, or time limits.
New and Upgraded Features for OpenCPN Version 2.3.0
1. Integrated PlugIn architecture, allowing third-party development and deployment of auxiliary features.
2. Two useful PlugIns available immediately:
Graphical overlay of GRIB (weather)file data
Dashboard for configurable on-screen display of ship's NMEA
3 Enhanced Route
, Track, and Waypoint management functions by selectable dialog.
4. Many new languages added to basic package, including:
5. Support Garmin
Host mode Route and Waypoint interchange and upload to remote GPS receivers
6. Advanced internationalized Windows Program Installer.
7. Full support for North-up and Course-Up display of all chart types.
8. Expanded AIS
target message decoding to include European Inland AIS specifications.
9. AIS Target List Dialog, allowing easy selection and monitoring of all active AIS targets.
10. Many, many improvements in the basic User Interface, while maintaining the ease-of-use that
OpenCPN is widely known for.
We hope you enjoy the new features of OpenCPN Version 2.3, and look forward to your continued feedback.
Download OpenCPN Version 2.3.0 at
OpenCPN | Download OpenCPN software for free at SourceForge.net
The OpenCPN Development Team
Dave Register, Lead Developer <email@example.com>