Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2020, 19:16   #16

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Dashboard-Tactics (Dash T)

Hakan I got partly working now

Quote:
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\dashboard_tactics_p i>"C:\Program Files (x86)\gettext-iconv\bin\"xgettext.exe --force-po --package-name=dashboard_pi --package-version="1.5.11" --output=po/xxx.pot --keyword=_ --width=80 --files-from=po/POTFILES.in
src/wind_history.cpp:940: warning: Empty msgid. It is reserved by GNU gettext:
gettext("") returns the header entry with
meta information, not the empty string.
src/wind_history.cpp:941: warning: Empty msgid. It is reserved by GNU gettext:
gettext("") returns the header entry with
meta information, not the empty string.

Please take the PDF off.
How to make it a new project on crowdsource?
How to blend the tactics and dashboard mo files?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dashboard_tactics.pot.pdf (10.7 KB, 52 views)
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 02:10   #17

Boat: Najad 34

Rick..
Some notes:
  • I use to create the POT file in VS.
  • But first a new POTFILE.in would be built. I've done that in my local repository.
  • In the new POT file I can see there are some strings in the code that need updates. Easy fix when it's time.
  • We have a problem in Crowdin. We are very close to our upper limit of allowed numbers of strings. To be continued in mail discussion.
  • I've no idea of how or if it's possible to mix .mo files for two projects. What's the reason?
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 05:38   #18

Thanks for creating the POT.in file

Hakan, currently Dashboard_Tactics is not internationalized and should have its own project for community translations, as there are already requests for french.

Regarding limited strings in Crowdin, could we make another opensource OpenCPN-plugins project to allow greater capacity?

Petri would like to see the community support internationalization. There are two branches to consider branch PR151 is released and branch dev20 is the one he is working on and going to "refactor" into smaller sections of code. The file I gave you is from PR151. Petri will accept a PR that has been fully tested.

I think we should use PR151 because that is the released version. To move to the "dev20" branch refactored future code may require some additional work later. See Petri's note here I don' understand all of what he is saying and wish I could help in some way, but perhaps you will understand. Is refactor something I could do?

Hakan: "I've no idea of how or if it's possible to mix .mo files for two projects. What's the reason?"
- No problem, I was just trying to take advantage somehow of the previous translations for tactics and dashboard. We can start fresh.
Old 19-01-2020, 11:29   #19

Dashboard_Tactics_pi (Dash_T) is now available directly from the plugin downloads page under Downloads-Plugins- "Logs"
https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/...rdtactics.html

It includes Dashboard Instruments and Tactics Instruments, a new release. Please disable Dashboard_pi first!
Old 20-01-2020, 06:21   #20

Boat: Gib'Sea 402

Thanks Rick - that's great!
hoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 09:30   #21

Boat: Nauticat 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
I think it is Yacht Devices. Do you have software that will access their stream? I think tactics_pi would be the same result because O is not getting the XDR sentence, but you could try that.

Yep. I wrote them, and this is my reaponse:

Quote:
Thank you for purchasing and using our products.

Pitch and roll data are currently not supported by our gateways, but we have decided to add it in the future firmware update which is planned on February 2020.

Please, check our news regularly
http://www.yachtd.com/news/

or better subscribe to our news feed to get information when the firmware upgrade will be available.
http://www.yachtd.com/newsletter.html

Best regards,
Alexey Korolev,
support engineer,
Yacht Devices Ltd
www.yachtd.com
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 10:46   #22

Thank you very much for the plugin.
Can you add it to the repository, so that we can install it per apt-get on raspberry pi 4 please?
Thanks!
Harry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 19:41   #23

Host the plugin in Crowdin for localization into other languages
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 03:10   #24

Boat: Valiant 42

For testers wanting to use Raspberry Pi 4 Buster here is a package server you can use temporarily until Buster is supported by the official PPA. Install the testing server with this at a shell prompt:

Code:
curl -1sLf \
  'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/dan-dickey/opencpn-raspbian-unstable/cfg/setup/bash.deb.sh' \
  | sudo bash
sudo apt update
Then you can install Opencpn and Tactics plugin like this:

Code:
sudo apt install opencpn tactics_pi
When testing is finished you can remove the temporary package server with:
Code:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dan-dickey-opencpn-raspbian-unstable.list
sudo apt-get clean
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
sudo apt-get update
At the moment only Opencpn alpha test version (5.0.522) and Tactics_pi are hosted. More packages can be added as time and user demand make feasible.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 11:18   #25

Thanks TDan,

Dashboard_tactics is posted on the Downloads page now

https://github.com/canne/dashboard_tactics_pi/releases
The current version is v1.5.11 and Petri has made 7 packages available.

Dave and Crowdin have expanded the capacity available to Opencpn, so that now Hakan is able to create a Crowdin project for Dashboard_tactics. Look for his announcement looking for translators for the current release.
Old 22-01-2020, 13:08   #26

Crowdin is now updated. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post3060651

Håkan
Old 23-01-2020, 05:28   #27

Please...
Explain "InfluxDB Out" in more words for a not native english
Old 25-01-2020, 06:31   #28

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Please...

Please , explain also :
- "ClockTicks%s"
- "↑Polar Compass"
- "↑z Eng1 RPM"
- "↑z Eng1 Temp"
- "↑z Eng1 Oil P"
- "Signal K Steamer configuration file parsing error, see log file."
- "InfluxDB Steamer configuration file parsing error, see log file."
- "Persistent Chart Perf. Animations"

Thank by advance.

Besides, I don't know how to enter the character "↑" with my French keyboard. Help ... But, the best would have been not to put this kind of character in the items. It is a strange idea to have put this character.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 07:17   #29

Gille, I believe it is unicode characters, but Petri will explain further. There was a lot of consideration given to this earlier. How it is handled in the Languages part will need some clarification I think.

Unicode: https://www.key-shortcut.com/en/writ...ymbols/arrows/

Although the line arrows can be represented with ASCII too

Ascii Line Arrows: https://www.alt-codes.net/arrow_alt_codes.php

Exactly what should be used will have to be clarified by Petri [Canne]

I have written him.
Old 25-01-2020, 18:40   #30

From Petri

Gille-

I cannot find such a string alone, but why this should be translated? Anyway, if you cannot see string

"\u00B0"
but a degree sign there are troubles ahead: one should _not_ use anything that comes from a national keyboard under an operating system and editor or whatsoever. The UTF-8 Unicode hex presentation "\u00B0" renders as a degree sign on all platforms OpenCPN has been ported on. It has been used by Dashboard since day one. Please do not destroy it.
In general, if plain English is not used, no need to translate, there is probably some tight space issues as reason why CamelCase English (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase) has been used. Long texts (je suis francophone) means usually "trouble ahead" in the HMI.

Nevertheless, here are the explanations but perhaps leave them as they are, if there is no a good national choice available:
Please , explain also :
- "ClockTicks%s"

This is a feature of Tactics 1.0.11 (not in Crowdin?) of storing in CSV files using a frequency defined by the number of "clock ticks" which are varying between the wind history, barometric history and performance history. See https://github.com/canne/dashboard_t...tactics_pi.pdf section 3.9. I reckon that this is used when writing into the CSV file to indicate the selected frequency. It is questionable does one see a national language text here. Maybe I let the translator to decide. Either leave it as it is or keep it CamelCase equivalent of your language but do _not_ increase the overall length.
- "↑Polar Compass"

This has always been in Tactics, it means compass derivate with polar performance information, as explained in Thomas' user manual: https://github.com/canne/dashboard_t...tactics_pi.pdf - I think that "polar" is "polar" OK whatever is the language.
- "↑z Eng1 RPM"
- "↑z Eng1 Temp"
- "↑z Eng1 Oil P"

Port side (main) engine speed (=revolutions), temperature (coolant or surface), oil pressure, respectively. It is a bit tight space so better leave them if not a meaningful abbreviation can be found. For the "z" leave that for now, see point "2\u00B0" of your message (in version 2.0 I am going to replace all these with one symbol and one line only).
- "Signal K Steamer configuration file parsing error, see log file."
- "InfluxDB Steamer configuration file parsing error, see log file."

Both "instruments" (which are actually data streamers) are fully user configurable by a JSON-file in the plugin's data directory. Of course, users can make a mistake (a missing comma is enough for parsing to stop). The OpenCPN log file contains the approximation of the location where the parsing fails to help to find the mistake. These messages tell the users that they have introduced such an editing mistake in the configuration file and they should take a look in the log file to see where the format error is located.
- "Persistent Chart Perf. Animations"

This is a new feature (which I am not sure was it done by Thomas or me anymore) which allows users to minimize all instruments and leave on display only the canvas, chart and the boat. If selected, the chart overlay animation of the performance variables remains alive on the canvas, fed by the Tactics background calculation tasks which do not, BTW not stop by just minimizing the plug-in, anyway. Consider it as a HUD of a fighter pilot who wants to concentrate only on the main combat task - strategists and tacticians probably would like this feature when they analyse their position and alternatives against the other competitors while a cruiser who wants all instruments just to disappear would probably want to see the jumping arrows here and there around the boat disappear with everything else Dash T provides.
Thank by advance.

Besides, I don't know how to enter the character "↑" with my French keyboard. Help ... But, the best would have been not to put this kind of character in the items. It is a strange idea to have put this character.

Nothing appears in a strange way in my projects: this is an implementation, after a discussion, of the requirement which appeared right after the Dashboard-Tactics merger: "O-DT-TA-1-012 : Tactics instruments unique identification" (https://github.com/canne/dashboard_tactics_pi/issues/25) - it allows to maintain lists alphabetically ordered but still keeping Tactics behind the Dashboard instruments so that the users who are not interested in Tactics would not get bugged.
For the implementation, it was decided to create and fulfil a requirement "O-DT-DA-2-001 : Dashboard instrument support for Unicode direction symbols [R30] #35" (https://github.com/canne/dashboard_tactics_pi/issues/35) which lists the Unicode characters available in OpenCPN, cross-platform Windows, *nix, MacOS.
Somebody even commented, "Great solution!' Until that statement is not thrown overboard, the usage of selected Unicode characters will remain.
For a translator it is not a big issue: see dashboard_pi.cpp for this section:
HTML Code:
#ifdef _TACTICSPI_H_         case  ID_DBP_I_LEEWAY:             return _(L"\u2191Leeway");         case ID_DBP_I_TWAMARK:             return _(L"\u2191TWA to Waypoint");         case ID_DBP_I_CURRDIR:             return _(L"\u2191Current Direction");         case ID_DBP_I_CURRSPD:             return _(L"\u2191Current Speed");         case ID_DBP_D_BRG:             return _(L"\u2191Bearing Compass");         case    ID_DBP_I_POLSPD:             return _(L"\u2191Polar Speed");         case    ID_DBP_I_POLVMG:             return _(L"\u2191Actual ") + tactics_pi::get_sVMGSynonym();         case    ID_DBP_I_POLTVMG:             return _(L"\u2191Target ") + tactics_pi::get_sVMGSynonym();         case    ID_DBP_I_POLTVMGANGLE:             return _(L"\u2191Target ") +                 tactics_pi::get_sVMGSynonym() + _("-Angle");         case    ID_DBP_I_POLCMG:             return _(L"\u2191Actual ") + tactics_pi::get_sCMGSynonym();         case    ID_DBP_I_POLTCMG:             return _(L"\u2191Target ") + tactics_pi::get_sCMGSynonym();         case    ID_DBP_I_POLTCMGANGLE:             return _(L"\u2191Target ") +                 tactics_pi::get_sCMGSynonym() + _("-Angle");         case ID_DBP_D_POLPERF:             return _(L"\u2191Polar Performance");         case ID_DBP_D_AVGWIND:             return _(L"\u2191Average Wind Direction");         case ID_DBP_D_POLCOMP:             return _(L"\u2191Polar Compass");         case ID_DBP_V_IFLX:             return _(L"\u2191InfluxDB Out");         case ID_DBP_V_INSK:             return _(L"\u2191Signal K In");         case ID_DBP_I_ENGPRPM:              return _(L"\u2191z Eng1 RPM");         case ID_DBP_I_ENGPTEMP:              return _(L"\u2191z Eng1 Temp");         case ID_DBP_I_ENGPOILP:              return _(L"\u2191z Eng1 Oil P");     #endif // _TACTICSPI_H_     So
, one leaves "\u2191" and "\u2191z" as they are and change the rest. (And does NOT attempt to use a national keyboard to type special characters!) - If the "\u2191" and "\u2191z" are translated to a visual character I would know that it would not be cross-platform compatible and I would need to fix them manually, so please leave them as they are.

Hakan - Please...

No need to translate. It is a function which meets the requirement "Provide data connect to InfluxDB 2.0 [D27] #76" (https://github.com/canne/dashboard_tactics_pi/issues/76). The users of Influx time series database to store navigation data will understand - it is a software's name so no need to translate.

===

Perhaps everything goes well by using copy-paste on poedit 2.2.4 and by checking with Notepad++ that the Unicode-characters are rendered correctly before and after in the .po file and that before and after the editing it remains with UTF-8 encoding (and _not_ ANSI). Now, if the arrow Unicode character renders right, one can be quite confident.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 001.png
Views:	69
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	207577