Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2021, 18:31   #46
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Ever seen a UFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbunyard View Post

Would like to see some of examples of these "phenomena 'they' can’t understand", because generally what winds up being the truth is that understanding doesn't match the 'glamour' of not understanding.
Get out to sea more often and far enough away from the shore to escape light pollution.. then, instead of constantly checking your instruments just lay back in the cockpit and stare at the night sky as you sail along for enough consecutive nights and you may just see something..
If you see something going over whose shape reminds you of Bart Simpson.. that's just the Space Station..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiot' of the West still pays in hopes it triggers the 'Rapture'.. LMAO.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 19:07   #47

Boat: chris craft 55' constelation
Re: Ever seen a UFO?

As a 14 year old in Waroona in our south west, I was lying in bed out on our veranda, at about 6.30 am, looking at the clouds as they slowly passed by.
It was then I saw an object - above the clouds which was stationary. I moved my head to the end of the bed, lined up a join in the gutter, then raced inside to get the binoculars. Came back - so about 3 -5 minutes, lined up the exact position again, focused and saw 2 triangles on a common plane at opposing angles. It did not move.
Raced in and got dad, back again - he lined up exactly as I had, but could not see anything. We swapped - but it was gone.
LAter that day, we rang the nearest weather bureau - they had released a balloon - but it had gone south not north to where we were.
This was 1963 ---
Why is it so -----
gbmacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 19:12   #48

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i

I have seen things there is no logical explanation for on the water off shore in the sky, in the woods at night in winter in the sky.
Kd9truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 22:08   #49

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

When my daughter turned thirteen...she turned into an Unidentified Female Object. I started to believe in possession by evil spirits, thought we needed to consult with an exorcist expert. When she got older became civilized, I realized that she was just being a normal teenager.
It make take a hundred, a thousand, or who knows how long...but I am sure that one day we will have a perfectly good scientific explanation and we will be laughing about the days we did not know what those flying tic tacs were.
A few weeks ago we were anchored on the other side of Santa Cruz Isl, So Cal with another couple (little too much to drink) with the canvas off watching the stars on a moonless night a string of 30 or so bright objects flew over us in a straight line. No one else was there and we had no internet nor phone so it was a little unsettling. It was one of those WTF moment. All of us wrote the event on paper just in case we got abducted and they erased our memories...my wife's idea. I think that night even my Jewish wife had a Jesus moment and our atheist friends were not taking any chances either. I turned Hindu...they have lots of Gods and wanted to cover all bases.
The next day we found out it was Musk's Starlink satellites flying overhead in a very low orbit. It was beautiful and we all survived our UFO encounter.

Abe
sailingabe41ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:25   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatyarddog View Post
Scientific evidence based on laws of Known Physics.
There are physics, as we are learning, that we have yet to realize.

https://www.google.com/search?q=quan...&client=safari

Just because one does not know how some perceived occurances happened, doesn't make it less real.
If you've ever witnessed something very out of the ordinary, especially, objects close enough to clearly define.
You might think a bit differently.
It's not enough to just say things don't exist because you have not experienced it yourself.
IMHO
SV Cloud Duster
The other issue is the known laws of physics don't seem to care for one another. Quantum mechanics and General Relativity, cornerstone theories, have been in a range war for decades.
Russian007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:38   #51

Saw a strange light white hanging out on a remote beach on the Kona Coast. It moved toward us. Couldn't see a physical object, just the light and a faint spotlight focusing on the sea surface. Moved toward us several times. Strange thing was there was no sound. Quiet night. Not saying it was aliens...
Russian007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:01   #52

It's an unimaginably huge universe out there and for anyone to believe we're the only "intelligent" beings to occupy something this vast is somewhat close-minded. Just sayin'
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:47   #53

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3sailor View Post
It's an unimaginably huge universe out there and for anyone to believe we're the only "intelligent" beings to occupy something this vast is somewhat close-minded. Just sayin'
No one has said this here. Just sayin' .

It's ok to say "I don't know." The mistake people make is to go from "I don't understand this..." to "therefore it must be aliens (or gods, or ghosts, or leprechauns, or witches, or...). Revel in the mystery. Try and investigate if you can. Resist jumping to a conclusion not supported by evidence.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:57   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.

I have seen unidentified flying objects. For example, aircraft where I could not identify it's tail number.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 18:13   #55

I've seen a few objects flying through the sky that I could not identify. Some of them appeared to do things that no publicly known craft is capable of.

But then, I am well aware that there are many phenomena we don't understand. Or have only recently begun to understand.

Aliens? Maybe. If they are, sometimes I wish they would take me away. I just hope I don't end up in a maze with David Bowie wearing obscene pants.

I had a friend who was really into computers. He spent all of his time building and tinkering with them. He told me he had never seen a UFO, but really wanted to. I told him that it helps to go outside and look up every once in a while.
SeanPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 18:29   #56
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

I remember the first time I was induced to take a drag...or two...on a pipe that was circling around..
Man, I saw some **** that day...seriously....I saw it....I sweah....I think we all saw it, can't remember what it was, but we saw "it"
MicHughV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:00   #57

Boat: Beneteau

Given I can't name most of the stars does that make my answer a resounding yes?
nortonscove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:06   #58

C420sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:26   #59

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
With the advent of modern cameras, cell Phones, go pros, drones etc.... those grainy images shouldn’t be an issue present day.

UFO sightings seemed to have dropped significantly as well as other “unknowns”. Lockness, Bigfoot etc.

Quite the coincidence they just vanaished or stopped being reported after the mid/late 90s when all this tech started appearing.

Bigfoot IS blurry! He is an out of focus monster. You've been warned.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:46   #60

Location: Aground in the Yorkshire Dales, awaiting a very high tide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3sailor View Post
Whereas I'm of the opinion that anyone who believes that humans are one of the 'intelligent' beings occupying something this vast is being somewhat open-minded.