Version 2.1.0 Beta build 514 is ready for download and test.
(Well, not quite...The host for the Windows Setup Program Beta is not currently accepting my FTP upload, but we are working the problem.....
Source builders will be OK with CVS)
91. Update S52PLIB, thanks Pavel.
92. Correct FreeBSD compile issue with sigjmp_buf.
93. Change S52 Object rendering priorities to areas->lines->points
94. Correct logic for painting background of incomplete quilt.
a. General alert: Some Target incursion.
b. Info suppressed on: 1) Suppress alert on moored/slow 2)Suppress display of slow/moored
96. Correct for reversal of some S52 features with "ORIENT" attribute.
97. Correct NMEA0183 parser to allow NMEA
sentences without checksums to be processed and used for positioning.
98. Add logic to use internally calculated georef solution if BSB
embedded solution is poor. cf NOAA 514_1.kap (Bering Strait)
99. Implement NMEA
xxGSV Sentence, used for GPS status indicator.
100. (!) Implement Manimaul's new GPS and compass
rose iconology. Thanks, Will.
101. Correct Tide/Current "Today/Tomorrow" tags. Thanks Cagney and nohal for the patches.
102. Implement automatic reference chart selection on quilt mode zoom operations.
103. Use hi definition graphics on chart rotate in course-up mode.
104. Add indicators to chart bar for skewed and TMerc charts
105 Correct logic bug regarding Show ENC
Text toolbar button in quilt mode.
106. Add Waypoint Description edit control to Mark Properties dialog
Lots of refactoring of BSB
chart rendering in this Beta, brought on by performance issues in quilting.
Bugs are expected....but I think we take two steps forward, and only one step backwards for this update.
99. MSW source builders will need to add gsv.cpp and gsv.hpp to their project
files to complete a local build.
102: This is a recent request from Ptizef and others. It is an attempt to "just do the right thing" on chart zooming in quilt mode. There are some tweak parameters in the code that may need touchup. Comments appreciated.
Cagney's gtk region crash: Debug code is embedded in this Beta. opencpn
will exit cleanly with interesting log entries on a potential region fault. Feedback please...
p.s. I will post an update as soon as the Windows Setup.exe is ready for download. Sorry for the delay.