Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2018, 09:16   #646

Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
You are free to voice your opinion too of course about the cruise ships without getting personal. Nobody deserves a shitstorm.
I'm curious why nobody deserved a "shitstorm" in your opinion.
Imagine a popular reality show with a photogenic couple based in a mansion located on a beautiful beach. Big following. Then the two stars put out a video urging people to stop riding buses to this particular beach... because buses pollute and too many people on this once-secluded beach are annoying to them.

Wouldn't such snobs deserve a "shitstorm" from their former fans to let them know that they sound like a couple of elitist tools?
The answer is obvious.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:31   #647

Boat: naver 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan View Post
I'm curious why nobody deserved a "shitstorm" in your opinion.
Imagine a popular reality show with a photogenic couple based in a mansion located on a beautiful beach. Big following. Then the two stars put out a video urging people to stop riding buses to this particular beach... because buses pollute and too many people on this once-secluded beach are annoying to them.

Wouldn't such snobs deserve a "shitstorm" from their former fans to let them know that they sound like a couple of elitist tools?
The answer is obvious.
I think you might of taken what he said out of context, it was tongue in cheek at best and she immediately gave him a gentle mocking for saying it
Old 25-10-2018, 10:52   #648

Boat: Olympic Sea 42

I just started watching Project Atticus and they look like they are working hard and having some fun too.
Old 25-10-2018, 11:36   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinworswick View Post
I think you might of taken what he said out of context, it was tongue in cheek at best and she immediately gave him a gentle mocking for saying it
Sure, SHE realized the absurdity of his complaint.
However, I don't think anyone who has watched more than a few episodes thinks that HE was actually joking at all.

IMO, the early monohull SLV episodes were quite interesting. A pretty girl who sings and a colorful Australian Forrest Gump character made for a fascinating sailing couple, making mistakes and having adventures. The newer catamaran episodes are quite different- closer to Kardashians on a yacht than a hippie sailing couple. That's fine- different audiences. The cruise ship preaching marks another odd turn for them, apparently not embraced by either audience.
Old 25-10-2018, 11:48   #650

Quote:
Sure, SHE realized the absurdity of his complaint.
However, I don't think anyone who has watched more than a few episodes thinks that HE was actually joking at all.

IMO, the early monohull SLV episodes were quite interesting. A pretty girl who sings and a colorful Australian Forrest Gump character made for a fascinating sailing couple, making mistakes and having adventures. The newer catamaran episodes are quite different- closer to Kardashians on a yacht than a hippie sailing couple. That's fine- different audiences. The cruise ship preaching marks another odd turn for them, apparently not embraced by either audience.
i've watched plenty of episodes;it was tongue in cheek at best.I think the problem is that different nationalities have different sense of humours that come across all wrong when your not used to them.
i have worked in several different countries with lots of different nationalities and it takes a little getting used to.

i joke in a dry,ironic way-lots of people just don't get that-it comes across all wrong,it happens a lot.
Old 25-10-2018, 12:37   #651

Quote:
i've watched plenty of episodes;it was tongue in cheek at best.I think the problem is that different nationalities have different sense of humours that come across all wrong when your not used to them.
i have worked in several different countries with lots of different nationalities and it takes a little getting used to.

i joke in a dry,ironic way-lots of people just don't get that-it comes across all wrong,it happens a lot.
I get what you're saying, but I think you misunderstood what exactly was tongue-in-cheek here. Of COURSE it is annoying when 5000 people show up at your chosen beach that was "secluded" before the crowd arrived. I think so. Riley thinks so. You probably think so too.

The tongue-in-cheek smirk was not suppressing laughter at saying something he thought was FALSE, as you imply. He was tongue-in-cheek about saying something that was TRUE, but that actually sounded comically snobbish as he said it out loud. A few thousand people agreed.
Old 26-10-2018, 00:17   #652

Of course the best channel of all has no bikinis ( pity ) not enough blue seas or sunny beaches , all about simple pleasures of pure sailing / travelling , it is “ keep turning left “ , one man operation in need of some financial assistance .. Rock on Riley , fortunately our coastline here is not suitable for the mammoth polluting , culture destroying , super sized cruise ships .
Old 26-10-2018, 00:28   #653

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but I think you misunderstood what exactly was tongue-in-cheek here. Of COURSE it is annoying when 5000 people show up at your chosen beach that was "secluded" before the crowd arrived. I think so. Riley thinks so. You probably think so too.

The tongue-in-cheek smirk was not suppressing laughter at saying something he thought was FALSE, as you imply. He was tongue-in-cheek about saying something that was TRUE, but that actually sounded comically snobbish as he said it out loud. A few thousand people agreed.
Well we'll have to disagree on that one.

One thing I have found that works is to not watch the channels I don't like/not interested in, it works wonders, more people should try it!

A few I like

Free range sailing
Sailing yacht florence
Sail surf roam
Old 26-10-2018, 01:11   #654

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Well we'll have to disagree on that one.

One thing I have found that works is to not watch the channels I don't like/not interested in, it works wonders, more people should try it!

A few I like

Free range sailing
Sailing yacht florence
Sail surf roam
I have subscribed and liked all sailing channels I found yet to give everybody a fair share / kickback from google, but I watch only occasionly on the time list what I find interesting or only browse through the videos when they become boring.

So maximum support (without direct patreon donation) with least time spent on watching garbage.

Let them pay for the annoying useless ads.
Old 26-10-2018, 01:19   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
I have subscribed and liked all sailing channels I found yet to give everybody a fair share / kickback from google, but I watch only occasionly on the time list what I find interesting or only browse through the videos when they become boring.

So maximum support (without direct patreon donation) with least time spent on watching garbage.

Let them pay for the annoying useless ads.
Do they get payments from Google just by subscribing? I didn't realise that, I thought it was based on views
Old 26-10-2018, 01:58   #656

- Payments from Google -
Youtube pays by a interesting Equation per 30 days
Topic - Number of subscribers - Number of Views - Amount of Time watched - How many watch the advertisement in Full vs How many clicked SKIP Ad

Some Topics pay as low as 70 cent per 1000 views , some upto $ 3 dollars per 1000 views, maybe even more
Time length - The longer people watch the more paid -
This change came last summer ,, That why may videos jumped from under 10 minutes to over 30 minutes
Lots of LIKES only helps get you on the front page so more people see your video

My favorite channel is - Sailing Nandji - Frothlyfe

The Only person I have known that looked down on Cruises was a Radiologist. But he has a eighth home in the Cayman's. He said most of the things in the video 15 years ago.
Old 27-10-2018, 14:25   #657

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Just been watching Nautical Tripping about a young couple who refitted a Van De Stat and went out doing it with a young baby too.

Makes a nice change from mega cats sailing in exotic locations.

Old 27-10-2018, 14:56   #658
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

I'm going to start a new YouTube Vblog where I just read some choice posts from Cruising forum and then make snide snarky comments about them.

Of course I will hire a bikini clad babe to chuckle along with me and folks....you know it would be a hit and I would make $$$$$.....
Old 27-10-2018, 21:27   #659
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
I'm going to start a new YouTube Vblog where I just read some choice posts from Cruising forum and then make snide snarky comments about them.

Of course I will hire a bikini clad babe to chuckle along with me and folks....you know it would be a hit and I would make $$$$$.....
Only if you put those bikini clad babes in a chilled room.

Oh wait!... thats already your thing. [emoji2]
Old 28-10-2018, 02:20   #660

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post

Great plan!

Even if it does not make you $$$$$, you will still be smiling at the bikini clad babe chuckling along with you.

BTW, is this not the main reason most men try to make so many $$$$$?

Tags
liveaboard