Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2022, 05:03   #26

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: U.S.A. gasoline CAUTION 2022-06/09

They are talking about this all over the Internet right now with all sorts of engines.

Everybody is scared.

I don’t feel too worried about it. Aside from the fuel injection keeping most of the problems at bay, the fuel lines are really the issue. And since we went from 0% to 10% without all that much trouble, I don’t think going up another 5% is going to really cause much issue. At least nothing to stress out about. Because all of the fuel lines are currently alcohol resistant.

I think the bottom line here is if you currently can handle 10% ethanol, you’re going to be able to handle 15%. It’s those people who are handling 0% right now that are going to have the trouble.

And I know there are a lot of places where you can’t get any ethanol free gas at the dock. It doesn’t exist. All of New York for instance.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote