Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 30-06-2018, 06:54   #1261

Boat: 2004, Hunter 36
Herreshoff H28 /Hybride, 23k$ can, OBO

Here is one in my area, it is in french, Quebec city, but most people are bilingual up here, give it a try, or at least enjoy the pictures!!
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...equestSource=b
Old 30-06-2018, 08:02   #1262

Boat: Scout 30
Re: Herreshoff H28 /Hybride, 23k$ can, OBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastarea View Post
Here is one in my area, it is in french, Quebec city, but most people are bilingual up here, give it a try, or at least enjoy the pictures!!
I consider the H-28 to be one of the great sailboat designs. Lots of examples in wood & fiberglass.

H-28 (HERRESHOFF) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
H28 Yacht Owners' Association Incorporated - Home
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 09:26   #1263
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF
Re: Herreshoff H28 /Hybride, 23k$ can, OBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastarea View Post
Google says:

Unique opportunity not to be missed, a real jewel

Magnificent Mahogany sailboat with traditional character / 35' overall craftwork including bowsprit

Construction epoxy strip planking west system 8/1 - A beautiful teak bridge

Perkins engine 30 HP 3 cylinders diesel

Hertz transmission + an additional

Full equipment -radar-autopilot -radio-gps-toilet-sounder -television -exct.

List of equipment on request

Trailer on wheels

Visible at the Old Port Marina Quebec

Serious buyer only loving adventure

Revised price , must sell, no reasonable offer refused
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:29   #1264
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Nor’Sea 27

This design by Lyle Hess is one that appeals to people who like traditional styled boats that are small enough to trailer, but also designed for cruising on the oceans. Boats of this design have traveled far and safely. It is a highly regarded “pocket cruiser.”

Most of the ones I have seen on the market are much more expensive than this one. This one looks like it needs some TLC. That said, this could be a good boat for a person who is willing to make some improvements. The location is Kansas, but this boat is on a trailer and so can be moved on its own trailer.

The ad does mention some cosmetic issues (paint peeling) and the photos show a boat that does appear to need TLC.

Asking Price = $15,000

Location = Kansas (but this is a boat on a trailer)

Full Keel
Length 27'
Beam 8"
Draft 3.83'
Displacement 8,100 lbs
Ballast 3100 lbs
Ballast type-lead

LINK to ad: Nor-Sea 27, 1978, Hutchinson, Kansas, sailboat for sale from Sailing Texas, yacht for sale

All photos in this post are from THIS ad for THIS boat.

My Disclaimers and Requests

I have no financial or other connection to this boat or the seller.
I have not seen this boat in person, nor have I sailed on it.
As with any boat, it is a good idea to research the design to learn about how they sail, common problems and owner opinions.
As with any boat, it is smart to have a qualified yacht surveyor perform a survey of the boat to assess its condition.
I am posting this to help others find boats. This one caught my eye, and I hope this thread helps others find a good fit for them.
I hope this thread proves helpful to CF Members. If so, let me know, as it is nice to know the time spent on it has helped others.
IF you purchase this boat, let me know (a PM would be OK).
IF you purchase this boat, I would enjoy seeing it, or going for a sail on it, if I am ever in your area. Or, if you own a similar or sister boat send me a PM. I enjoy sailing on a wide variety of boats and would like to get some time on many designs, including this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93FF809E-1A74-4A26-8B15-F0BF34296FDE.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	172883   Click image for larger version

Name:	0310301D-BE74-4F2D-8DFE-AF91CC5AE9FB.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	172884  

Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:47   #1265

The Nor'Sea 27 is a really cool boat that is trailerable and a blue water cruiser at the same time. I'm not a fan of the center cockpit/aft cabin layout in a boat this size but luckily it came in an aft cockpit version.

NOR'SEA 27 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
Old 06-07-2018, 05:54   #1266
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ahoy Readers!

I have not posted many photos of boats in this thread recently. There is a reason. I have encountered a snag in my usual process. Perhaps you can help me identify the solution.

My normal process has been to find the boat using my ipad, when I find a boat I think looks fitting for this thread concept, I simply copy/save that photo to my iPad, and then later upload it here in this thread, after writing a profile about that boat model. I copy the photos from various boat listing sites, but most are from Yachtworld (YW).

What’s the problem?
Recently, when I visit Yachtworld, I cannot get my iPad to copy/save the photos of the boats. I have tried numerous times. I do have a new iPad Pro, running iOS 11.4 operating system. But, it appears that the YW site itself has a new type of photo display slide show or some kind of change that prevents a simple “copy/save/paste” of the photos of boats. When I try, I do not see the normal “copy/save” dialog box menu. It appears blank, or nothing happens. I am not a tech person, so not sure how to describe this, but I suspect it is something related to the YW site software, or how the photos are displayed on that site as a slideshow. I could be wrong.

So, I would like to ask you readers of this thread to try this yourself. See if you have the same problem copying a photo of a boat from YW to your iPad. Report back by sending me a PM or post in this thread. A few tests should confirm this. Just go to a typical YW ad, and select one of the photos of a boat, and try to copy/save it to your iPad using the typical “hold finger on image, select copy/save from pop up menu” method. Or describe the method that works for you. Or if you too are unable to use that method to copy/save a photo from the YW boat slides.

I would like to find a solution to this so I can continue to share the photos of these boats here to help others find good boats.

Thanks. Your help or advice on this is appreciated.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
Ahoy Readers!

I have not posted many photos of boats in this thread recently. There is a reason. I have encountered a snag in my usual process. Perhaps you can help me identify the solution.

My normal process has been to find the boat using my ipad, when I find a boat I think looks fitting for this thread concept, I simply copy/save that photo to my iPad, and then later upload it here in this thread, after writing a profile about that boat model. I copy the photos from various boat listing sites, but most are from Yachtworld (YW).

What’s the problem?
Recently, when I visit Yachtworld, I cannot get my iPad to copy/save the photos of the boats. I have tried numerous times. I do have a new iPad Pro, running iOS 11.4 operating system. But, it appears that the YW site itself has a new type of photo display slide show or some kind of change that prevents a simple “copy/save/paste” of the photos of boats. When I try, I do not see the normal “copy/save” dialog box menu. It appears blank, or nothing happens. I am not a tech person, so not sure how to describe this, but I suspect it is something related to the YW site software, or how the photos are displayed on that site as a slideshow. I could be wrong.

So, I would like to ask you readers of this thread to try this yourself. See if you have the same problem copying a photo of a boat from YW to your iPad. Report back by sending me a PM or post in this thread. A few tests should confirm this. Just go to a typical YW ad, and select one of the photos of a boat, and try to copy/save it to your iPad using the typical “hold finger on image, select copy/save from pop up menu” method. Or describe the method that works for you. Or if you too are unable to use that method to copy/save a photo from the YW boat slides.

I would like to find a solution to this so I can continue to share the photos of these boats here to help others find good boats.

I've noticed the same problem. Not sure what the work around is. Yachtworld probably considers the photos their property. We may have to use representative photos of different boats off the internet. You can still paste a link to the listing to go with that.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:45   #1268

Boat: Gulfstar 41' ketch

Is a screen capture possible on an iPad?
sailor_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:21   #1269

I noticed a change in YW also. I suspect they don't want people pulling down their (do they own these?) photos.

I would think blowing up the photo and doing the screen capture would work.
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:27   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
Ahoy Readers!

What’s the problem?

To do this you need to view the page source. On a windows machine it's simple.

Right click on image. "Click on View Page Source"

You get something like this.

<meta property="og:image" content="https://newimages.yachtworld.com/resize/1/24/77/6352477_20170830101901198_1_XLARGE.jpg?f=/1/24/77/6352477_20170830101901198_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=3456&h=23 04&t=1504117552000" />
<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.yachtworld.com/listing/boatDetails.jsp?slim=quicknull&ro=7&r=3125176&rs=y achtworld.com&boat_id=3125176&checked_boats=312517 6&currency=USD"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="/core/cached/includes/js/galleria/themes/classic-white/galleria.classic-white.css?t=13.121" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/core/cached/includes/css/pannellum.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/slick-carousel/1.8.1/slick.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/slick-carousel/1.8.1/slick-theme.min.css" />

I use Ctrl+F and search .jpg

Cut and paste the first .jpg file

https://newimages.yachtworld.com/res...8_1_XLARGE.jpg

For iPad/Mac it's more difficult as Safari doesnt support view page source. There's a workaround in this link.

How to “View Source” from Safari on an iPad or iPhone

Hope this helps
Near2KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:39   #1271
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
I've noticed the same problem. Not sure what the work around is. Yachtworld probably considers the photos their property. We may have to use representative photos of different boats off the internet. You can still paste a link to the listing to go with that.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion or observation.

I did consider doing a screen capture (easy on an ipad) but at this moment I am not sure I want to use that method for the many photos I tend to use to illustrate this thread (and others). I will need to think about it a bit.

As for just pasting the link in this thread, I considered that too, but I prefer to illustrate this thread (and others) as I think we can all learn from looking at the photos, and those photos help people viewing CF learn on CF, without having to go to another site to see any photos.

I also considered using a photo of a representative boat (sister ship) too. My concern there is that new viewers of this thread will think that photo shows the boat that is linked (that is for sale) when it may be a different model or year or something else that is different.

My purpose here on this thread is to illustrate and inform, and to provide others with a notice of a noteworthy boat on the market, or a type of boat to consider.

I may just have to compromise something, adapt, and choose a different method.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:41   #1272
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_ed View Post
Is a screen capture possible on an iPad?
Yes. Possible and I do use screen capture occasionally.

But, it has not been my proven method (the simple select/copy/save method).

I will consider doing screen captures. Just not sure I want to do that (as it may mean editing the screen captures, or will create more sloppy images).
Old 06-07-2018, 07:43   #1273
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leboyd View Post
I noticed a change in YW also. I suspect they don't want people pulling down their (do they own these?) photos.

I would think blowing up the photo and doing the screen capture would work.
Thanks for confirming my observations.
I agree with you, that the reason is probably YW trying to keep the photos on their site, to make it more difficult for other brokers to try to use those photos, etc.

I am considering screen capture as an alternative, but it is more cumbersome with the results and may require me to edit some of the photos to eliminate some unneeded screen elements, etc.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:45   #1274
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near2KR View Post
To do this you need to view the page source. On a windows machine it's simple.

Right click on image. "Click on View Page Source"

You get something like this.

<meta property="og:image" content="https://newimages.yachtworld.com/resize/1/24/77/6352477_20170830101901198_1_XLARGE.jpg?f=/1/24/77/6352477_20170830101901198_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=3456&h=23 04&t=1504117552000" />
<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.yachtworld.com/listing/boatDetails.jsp?slim=quicknull&ro=7&r=3125176&rs=y achtworld.com&boat_id=3125176&checked_boats=312517 6&currency=USD"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="/core/cached/includes/js/galleria/themes/classic-white/galleria.classic-white.css?t=13.121" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/core/cached/includes/css/pannellum.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/slick-carousel/1.8.1/slick.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/slick-carousel/1.8.1/slick-theme.min.css" />

I use Ctrl+F and search .jpg

Cut and paste the first .jpg file

https://newimages.yachtworld.com/res...8_1_XLARGE.jpg

For iPad/Mac it's more difficult as Safari doesnt support view page source. There's a workaround in this link.

How to “View Source” from Safari on an iPad or iPhone

Hope this helps
That does help. Thank you for proposing a possible solution.

But that also involves more steps than I want to take for each photo. I usually COPY/SAVE about 10-12 photos for each boat profile I create here on CF, and I spend a lot of time doing so, but I don’t want to add complexity or more time to capture each of those 12 photos.

I may have to adapt or change my methods and what I share here.

Thanks for taking the time to propose a possible solution. I am just not inclined to add a more techy method and time to my process.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:24   #1275
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Go Android, can be like $20 secondhand.

Spare phone for using burner SIMs too, great for CL dealings, dating sites whatever.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price