Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2017, 05:43   #121

Boat: Laguna 30
Re: Best Sailing channels on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahTreat View Post
Your serious Clark?

I think your troll job has jumped the shark. Time to shut it down.

Wait...
Pluto can't be a planet but Scandinavia can be a continent?

What's next, Mexican river water is okay for drinking?
Old 30-04-2017, 05:51   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4001r View Post
Wait...
Pluto can't be a planet but Scandinavia can be a continent?

What's next, Mexican river water is okay for drinking?
My linguistics are terrible! It's such a shame. It costs me a fortune. I love Mexican water, but I bought two cases of San Pellegrino and had to dump it out when I discovered that it's from Italy.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 15:36   #123
hk.

Another good one to check out is "Sailing Creo". They seem like a down to earth couple and they do a bit of touring at each place they stop, which is nice to see what some of the places are like.

Couch Sailors were already mentioned, but I really enjoy their videos.

Two Afloat is another one that's entertaining. Ryan has Muscular Dystrophy and it's amazing to see what they're doing to follow the dream.

Again, already mentioned - but Sea Change is unreal. As a cinematographer, watching their ability to produce a super engaging narrative is really enjoyable. I wish they were able to post more often. Unfortunately, good content takes time.
hk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 15:44   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk. View Post
Another good one to check out is "Sailing Creo". They seem like a down to earth couple and they do a bit of touring at each place they stop, which is nice to see what some of the places are like.

Couch Sailors were already mentioned, but I really enjoy their videos.

Two Afloat is another one that's entertaining. Ryan has Muscular Dystrophy and it's amazing to see what they're doing to follow the dream.

Again, already mentioned - but Sea Change is unreal. As a cinematographer, watching their ability to produce a super engaging narrative is really enjoyable. I wish they were able to post more often. Unfortunately, good content takes time.
Maybe worth a watch , coz mostly the rest are a big boring ,, ( well unless you like diving and killing wild life for entertainment or to fuel video blogs )
Cherod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:48   #125

Here is a list of those I watch (in no particular order):
Chase the Story

Happy Together

La Vaga

Delos

Sailboat Story

RAN sailing

MJ Sailing

Gone with the Wynns

Sailing Yacht Ruby Rose

UMA

Rick Moore

Tula’s Endless Summer (yes, a trawler but they are gritty and fun)

Impi

STOPPED FOLLOWING THE BELOW:

Follow The Boat

Doodles

Miss Lonestar

Zatara

Lazy Gecko-

Sailing Nandji

Trio Travels

White Spot Pirates

Adventure Adrift

Out Chasing Stars

Catalpa

Monday Never

Starboard Hull
wyatterrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:00   #126

Boat: Tanzer 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatterrp View Post
Here is a list of those I watch (in no particular order):
Chase the Story

Happy Together

La Vaga

Delos

Sailboat Story

RAN sailing

MJ Sailing

Gone with the Wynns

Sailing Yacht Ruby Rose

UMA

Rick Moore

Tula’s Endless Summer (yes, a trawler but they are gritty and fun)

Impi

STOPPED FOLLOWING THE BELOW:

Follow The Boat

Doodles

Miss Lonestar

Zatara

Lazy Gecko-

Sailing Nandji

Trio Travels

White Spot Pirates

Adventure Adrift

Out Chasing Stars

Catalpa

Monday Never

Starboard Hull

Great list. Why did you stop with Zatara? I like them.
NoahTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:12   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahTreat View Post
Great list. Why did you stop with Zatara? I like them.

Interesting you ask.... I have 5 kids and a bride and can easily envision life on the open sea and thought Zatara may be similar to my vision. Ultimately I needed to scale back on all the channels and the family dynamics didn't seem quite right so this didn't make the cut.
wyatterrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:16   #128

Boat: Tanzer 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatterrp View Post
Interesting you ask.... I have 5 kids and a bride and can easily envision life on the open sea and thought Zatara may be similar to my vision. Ultimately I needed to scale back on all the channels and the family dynamics didn't seem quite right so this didn't make the cut.

Fair enough
NoahTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 14:57   #129

Boat: Vancouver 34

La vagabond is good, young Australian couple
removalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 14:35   #130

Boat: 1995 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.1

Just adding our 2 cents to this list... Ourselves, Sailing A B Sea.

Google for the website with weekly blogs about our whole journey and search YouTube for our videos too.

Things are just about to get interesting as we've just bought a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.1 in Spain. Would love your feedback.
AJ-SeaChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 06:39   #131

Boat: in the works

A few I watch and why;
Tulas endless summer. The kids are great, seem to be very nice and the show highlights the adventure. They don't get opinionated, have to flash for views, and do a good job of posting on the regular.

Sean and Julia. Same reasons as above.

Sail Life. Love the DIY, and although he doesn't really talk about budget, he is on one. One of the channels that inspired me to go with an older boat and make it my own rather than go new or newer.

MJ sailing; DIY and realistic.

Abandon comfort. Reaslism.

I used to watch, but have stopped...

Doodles. I think I watched about three of these then stopped. I thought it was great that he had a life awakening experience and decided to live, didn't like the unnecessary boobs. It's also gotten a little weird.

Zatara. In the beginning I loved this show. I won't fault them for being able to buy the boat they did, or their budget; they earned that money. It didnt come from patreon. But recently the episodes are more about the opinions and whatnot, and less about the where they are and the adventure.

Any other over priveledged, whinning, getting loads of free **** and money for no real reason channels. Because A) I'm a little jealous. and B) uhm. yeah that jealous thing again.

On a positive side, since everyone else is doing it, I started a channel titled "The low budget sailor" that will chronicle my adventures buying and refitting an old boat for under 10K. It'll probably suck, but I'll have fun making it!
jefjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 07:02   #132

Boat: 1970 hinckley 38 / 1975 john alden boothbay challenger 58

delos got me into these types of channels and I still really enjoy their channel, they generate some really good content.

I've enjoyed abandon comfort a lot lately. they're very open and honest about what they're doing and their thoughts on the matter. they're also very candid about what they do and don't know and have yet to learn, it's refreshing.

I like some of sailing uma's content, not all though.

la vaga I just had to stop, one amateur mistake after another and they almost seemed to revel in the fact that they don't have a lot of experience and make no visible effort to glean more knowledge from more experienced sailors. something about their attitude toward the locals of the caribbean in their earlier episodes also really turned me off.

another one I enjoy is drenched divers, not a true sailing channel, it's a mix of diving adventures and and sailing ,they sailed with rick moore for a while.
frozenhawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 07:19   #133

Boat: naver 29

a few that i enjoy-

free range sailing-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbU2ulPD3rJ4OZCNH7-gjjQ-found them recently and have watched most of their vids,sailing remote australia,plenty of fishing,likable,down to earth-definitely recomended

ruby rose-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9rRsBE2nFbnUSjtmv6Jq6w-english/australian couple

sailing catalpa-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXEjpiYKr-hCbtqwC8RXwtg-australian family,currently in indonesia,doing it the low budget way

abandon comfort-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEuc8WWF27NgRceefN0CUw-young american couple,likable,learning as they're going.

sail surf roam-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6g9l4Vy29ErU0zyqLsanfg-australian couple on a watersports adventure

sailing yacht florence-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkExLY1E6CE-GPsMCdSjmxQ-young english couple,only seen a couple of vids,quite likable.

i've watched several other channels but a lot tend to be either boring,irritating or rely on flesh to get views which gets a bit tedious after a while
martinworswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 08:50   #134

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-SeaChange View Post
Just adding our 2 cents to this list... Ourselves, Sailing A B Sea.

Google for the website with weekly blogs about our whole journey and search YouTube for our videos too.

Things are just about to get interesting as we've just bought a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.1 in Spain. Would love your feedback.
I watched a bunch of them. I like the style and it will be interesting when you get into the boat.

Some feedback? Well I think you have discovered some of the vlogger's classic issues. Your RYA stuff was kinda boring. But that, I assume, is because you were mostly doing and learning and didn't have time for the camera. I was disappointed because I would have liked to learn more about the courses.

I hate the logo/title screen. It looks hokey — which could be fine, but the rest of the stuff looks professional. Creates a bit of a discord.

I loved Aannsha'a (that is a lot of a's) dive video. Just took an intro to diving course myself because I felt I wouldn't be able to hack the open water course. It gave me hope :-)

Some of the rest of it seemed like filler, but I assume that will fade now that you have a boat. Did enjoy the Eithiad flight. Was so tempted to go find out the price difference between plebeian air and royalty class but then the thought of just how much that must of cost scared me off
Old 30-03-2018, 09:15   #135

It was recently recommended that I watch a channel by a young Englishman named Leo Goolden, who is in the process of restoring a 1910 Gaff Cutter named "Tally Ho".

I know that he is not sailing...yet, but what he is doing is just incredible!

BlueChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing