Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sailing Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Best Sailing channels on Youtube (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/best-sailing-channels-on-youtube-112593.html)

watersofdiego 02-10-2013 15:14

Best Sailing channels on Youtube

I was just wondering...what are favorite channels on Youtube that deal with sailing?

Here's a few that I like...

drakeParagon
drakeParagon - YouTube

Cruising Lealea
Cruising Lealea - YouTube

Tom Peranteau
Tom Peranteau - YouTube

Seth Hynes
Seth Hynes - YouTube

TheSailingChannel.TV
TheSailingChannel.TV - YouTube

Elcid 31-03-2014 12:48

Re: Best Sailing channels on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/alaskagraphy

A couple sailing in Alaska. They are so funny!
PS: they are hunters - so if you are against that I wouldn't watch their videos

virginia boy 31-03-2014 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elcid (Post 1506331)
https://www.youtube.com/user/alaskagraphy

A couple sailing in Alaska. They are so funny!
PS: they are hunters - so if you are against that I wouldn't watch their videos

I just checked out these videos..I LOVE these people! :thumb: Completely unpretentious, apparently spiritually healthy; far more appealing IMHO than the exhibitionism of the sailingsexy type of videos.

Elcid 31-03-2014 13:39

I love them too. Thats how I found this topic, I liked that channel so much that I wondered if anyone knows of other quality channels :)

Chenega 31-03-2014 14:00

I traveled this part of Alaska for more than 10 years with my # 1, my wife. We spent our "honeymoon" exploring this area... Then it was by kayak running a guide service (Pacific Rim Expeditions) in Prince William Sound back in the early 70's -mid 80's. Always dreamed of sailing there... Our current boat named Chenega - is after an island in PWS.
It's been a ball watching this young couple explore the same waters ... Names and places we're so familiar with - the wildlife, mountains, harbors, fishing, even the hunting.
And oh, the exploring of backcountry... You have to go there and experience it to understand the power of this environment. It changes you forever. I still dream of returning by sail, before it's undoable.

rkinross 03-04-2015 05:32

SV/Delos is my favorite. Brian and his crew all share the video editing on their trip around the globe and their production standards are set very high. Some of the best under water videos anywhere. Also a great yacht.

RonRock 13-04-2015 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkinross (Post 1792076)
SV/Delos is my favorite. Brian and his crew all share the video editing on their trip around the globe and their production standards are set very high. Some of the best under water videos anywhere. Also a great yacht.

+1 very good Youtube. The reason I found this thread, I watched all of the SV/Delos videos. Looking for something new to keep me motivated here in Iowa.

ErBrown 14-04-2015 19:48

In addition to several mentioned here we really like

White Spot Pirate
Teleport

Scot McPherson 16-04-2015 08:22

Ron,
Where in iowa? I left Le Claire Iowa (near Quad Cities) 3 years ago. I know live in Connecticut.

RonRock 16-04-2015 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot McPherson (Post 1802185)
Ron,
Where in iowa? I left Le Claire Iowa (near Quad Cities) 3 years ago. I know live in Connecticut.

I live in Underwood, IA. On the west side of the state, not far from Omaha, Nebraska. I lived in Connecticut in 1980-82. Bethel, CT near Danbury. Beautiful area. Crazy high cost of living. Family and friends lured me back to IA. Been here long enough I'm ready to leave again.

addunaway 16-04-2015 09:16

These are some of the channels I'm subbed to:

Sail Life
LifeisLikeSailing
Sailing La Vagabonde
Curtis Westsail
Wicked Salty

MoxieGirl 16-04-2015 10:22

Love this crew! They are making some fantastic videos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkinross (Post 1792076)

leftbrainstuff 16-04-2015 14:08

La vagabonde for laughs. Keep turning left. Very interesting character and tons of video. White spot pirates. The videos where she was sorting out her boat.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

alay8 16-04-2015 16:17

I just found Followtheboat on youtube.... the others already mentioned, I have subscribed to for awhile. I miss Ahmed Agrama's Tradewind 55 "OM" videos...

Zednotzee 17-04-2015 13:40

Kismet Adventures.

Luckily it's one of the few Youtube channels with working captions, since I don't speak Italian.

I like s/v Delos & a few of the others too.

I've gotta confess, when I click on a sailing video & they start talking about environmental stuff, it bores the crap outta me. I'll watch Discovery channel for that. When I put on a sailing video, I want sailing.