Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2021, 08:32   #121

Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

I only know of 1 person who died and he had stage 4 cancer, so whether the cancer got him, the chemo or covid, who knows ? He had been getting his affairs in order for a few months because his initial prognosis was he only had 3 months. OK, he went 6 before departing.

On the other hand, quite a few of my extended family got mild covid after close to a year in lockdown. My boss and his family got it. My wife gets tested every week because she works in corrections - forget about any social distancing concepts. No vaccine yet for the corrections officers in MI, whether you want it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol1970 View Post
I personally know 3 people who have died Dom, my 71 year old Uncle, my 68 year old cousin, and my 61 year old former coworker. Any other QAnon ******** you’d like to set me straight on??
Old 20-03-2021, 08:59   #122

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

What can I do without wearing a mask?

The CDC says fully vaccinated people can:
• Visit other vaccinated people indoors without masks or physical distancing
• Visit indoors with unvaccinated people from a single household without masks or physical distancing, if the unvaccinated people are at low risk for severe disease
• Skip quarantining and testing if you're exposed to someone who has Covid-19 but are asymptomatic. (You should still monitor for symptoms for 14 days, though.)
But full vaccination doesn't mean you can run wild and ditch all safety precautions. Health experts say you still need to:
• Wear a mask and keep good distance around those who are unvaccinated and at increased risk for severe Covid-19
• Wear masks and physically distance when visiting unvaccinated people who are from multiple households
• Keep physical distance in public
• Avoid medium- and large-sized crowds
• Avoid poorly ventilated public spaces
• Wash your hands frequently
• Get tested for Covid-19 if you feel sick
Old 20-03-2021, 15:54   #123
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

They say that less than 1% of these adverse events are reported so you can add a couple of zeros to these 1700+ reports of people dying after the shot that was never tested on the elderly, never evaluated for long term problems and never proven to prevent getting or transmitting severe COVID and never actually approved except for emergency use and developed and manufactured by convicted felon corporations. Anyway here is a link to those reports which I am sure most of yous will be saying are all just coincidences:
https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfi...ID19)&DIED=Yes
Meanwhile, safe, cheap, and effective Ivermectin proven effective by 46 studies is being ignored:
https://ivmmeta.com/
I am not planning on getting involved in these discussions again, looks like everyone made up their minds long ago and nothing has changed since but to those who think they follow the science I ask how? Did they release all of the trial data?
Old 20-03-2021, 16:28   #124

Boat: Hunter 46

My wife and I got the Pfizer vaccination to mitigate the risk of Covid symptoms. Both of us had no negative side effects to both shots. For us the risk is worth the benefit.
Old 20-03-2021, 17:00   #125

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Got my first shot today, will get the second tomorrow. Needs to be stored in the fridge. This vaccine consists of 6 shots, no major side effects yet. [emoji41]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210320_170110.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	234896
Old 20-03-2021, 17:26   #126

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

Time to close this thread. Everyone has had their say and the antivaxxers will always want the last word. I am quite happy with the Pfizer jabs I got a couple of months ago.
Old 20-03-2021, 17:36   #127

Boat: CSY33

Last week I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. No reactions to either dosing. I was pleased to receive them.

I think rather than throwing numbers around there are better gauges of the situation. One is to look at the occupancy rates of ICU’s. They maxed out last year and are still very much higher than pre-covid years. Hospital staff known to me, my friends, neighbors, co-workers, have had an awful, grueling year. Neighbor who was a physician had covid twice. The second time killed him.

Which brings us to another gauge: the backlog on funerals, burials, cremations. Massive overloads and backlogs in some areas, and much higher everywhere. Some regions had or have refrigerated trucks storing corpses until they can be processed to some disposition. This is not normal.

If it were not for the above I would say to those who oppose vaccines, masks, distancing,
“Go for it! More power to you! Darwin at work.”
But the reality is the burden of care and disposition falls on the innocents.
Old 20-03-2021, 18:45   #128

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekka View Post
Last week I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. No reactions to either dosing. I was pleased to receive them.

I think rather than throwing numbers around there are better gauges of the situation. One is to look at the occupancy rates of ICU’s. They maxed out last year and are still very much higher than pre-covid years. Hospital staff known to me, my friends, neighbors, co-workers, have had an awful, grueling year. Neighbor who was a physician had covid twice. The second time killed him.

Which brings us to another gauge: the backlog on funerals, burials, cremations. Massive overloads and backlogs in some areas, and much higher everywhere. Some regions had or have refrigerated trucks storing corpses until they can be processed to some disposition. This is not normal.

If it were not for the above I would say to those who oppose vaccines, masks, distancing,
“Go for it! More power to you! Darwin at work.”
But the reality is the burden of care and disposition falls on the innocents.
=====================================

truly sorry to hear about your neighbor's death,is only when there is a name and a face associated with this tragedy we are living that takes a truly emotional and realistic experience,otherwise is a game of numbers,statistics and reports,makes it easy for some to ignore/minimize and even deny reality.
And yes i believe in Darwin basic concepts of adaption and survival,we have 2 groups,
Group A the group I belong to,take precautions,use mask,completed my Pfizer series .this group continues to grow in numbers!!!
Group B, deniers,no vaccine,no basic protective behavior,this group is decreasing in numbers!!!!
what can I add?
cheers,
Old 21-03-2021, 01:33   #129

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
They say that less than 1% of these adverse events are reported so you can add a couple of zeros to these 1700+ reports of people dying after the shot that was never tested on the elderly, never evaluated for long term problems and never proven to prevent getting or transmitting severe COVID and never actually approved except for emergency use and developed and manufactured by convicted felon corporations. Anyway here is a link to those reports which I am sure most of yous will be saying are all just coincidences:

https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfi...ID19)&DIED=Yes

Meanwhile, safe, cheap, and effective Ivermectin proven effective by 46 studies is being ignored:

https://ivmmeta.com/

I am not planning on getting involved in these discussions again, looks like everyone made up their minds long ago and nothing has changed since but to those who think they follow the science I ask how? Did they release all of the trial data?

The thing is, very, very few of us are really qualified to judge whether the vaccines were adequately tested or how safe it is. In fact, unless testing vaccines is what you do for a living AND you are privy to all the details of the trials these vaccines have been through, how can you really know? Almost all the info we get has been filtered by a government agency, a special interest group with their own agenda, or the press and most people I know have a healthy skepticism of anything the press says, including what it says about Covid vaccines. So for me, since I’m willing to admit to myself I’m no vaccine testing expert, it comes down to faith that those who do understand it better than I are acting in good faith and genuinely want to rid us of this pandemic so have sent these vaccines to be distributed to the public. I understand how people could have questions about what’s the safest course for themselves, but to make all this vaccinating to be really worthwhile, almost everyone needs to participate so the virus meets with resistance wherever it tries to turn, and eventually dies out before it mutates into something our vaccines aren’t effective against. There’s no way to know with certainty what’s the best thing for any individual to do regarding being vaccinated but it’s encouraging that cases are falling fast among vaccinated populations. So I think it’s becoming clear that the best thing for all of us as a group is to have as many of us vaccinated as possible and then to stay away from unvaccinated people who eventually could be carrying a variant that could defeat the current vaccines and start this whole pandemic up all over again.
Old 21-03-2021, 01:47   #130

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

So the vax/no vax debate rages on here.

What I don’t understand is... it’s just a vaccine.

We load up on them to sail around the Caribbean. We all have diphtheria, mumps, measles, etc, required to attend school. Some of you opted for a shingles vaccine and influenza vaccine. I got a tetanus shot last winter after stepping on a rusty nail. Most of us have yellow fever Vaccination.

So what the hell is everyone’s problem getting one more?
Old 21-03-2021, 02:47   #131

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post

We load up on them to sail around the Caribbean. We all have diphtheria, mumps, measles, etc, required to attend school. Some of you opted for a shingles vaccine and influenza vaccine. I got a tetanus shot last winter after stepping on a rusty nail. Most of us have yellow fever Vaccination.

Exactly! And for those who don't trust the mRNA vaccines (only 2 of the current vaccines are mRNA), then just take the J&J or one of the others that uses inert virus. These are just like all the vaccines we've been taking for about a century now (that Chotu mentions above).
Old 21-03-2021, 02:57   #132
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Got my first shot today, will get the second tomorrow. Needs to be stored in the fridge. This vaccine consists of 6 shots, no major side effects yet. [emoji41]Attachment 234896

You need to increase the dose to get the side effects, normally erratic behavior and being a bit loud, followed by a headache and slight nausea about 12 hours later.
Old 21-03-2021, 03:06   #133

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post

Strange, it turns out I know a lot more people who got Covid than diphtheria. Not sure what to make of this
Old 21-03-2021, 03:12   #134

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Strange, it turns out I know a lot more people who got Covid than diphtheria. Not sure what to make of this
Perhaps because people are vaccinated for diphtheria (and smallpox, polio, yellow fever etc.). These diseases used to kill a lot of people before vaccines.
Old 21-03-2021, 03:49   #135
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by donradcliffe View Post
Time to close this thread. Everyone has had their say and the antivaxxers will always want the last word. I am quite happy with the Pfizer jabs I got a couple of months ago.
Funny that.. so far it's 7 pro-vax last words to 1 skeptic so far..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.

Tags
alarm