Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15
Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Old 16-03-2021, 14:52   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

“Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry” ~ by Imran Ahmed
Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the roll-out of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined, notes Imran Ahmed, who heads the Center for Countering Digital Hate in Washington DC. To counter their activities, he argues, we need to understand them as an industry actively working to sow doubts about the deadliness of COVID-19, vaccines, and medical professionals’ integrity.
Morehttps://www.nature.com/articles/s415...39254-45020405

Old 16-03-2021, 14:55   #3
Marine Service Provider

With respect GordMay, you are the one spreading disinformation. Bossche has vast impeccable credentials and ZERO personal gain from posting his warning. He has been a consultant and advocate for vaccines including working for the Gates Foundation. But not this vaccine in this setting. The article you cited is the exact opposite of the truth. It is Big Pharm, WHO, CDC et al that are the ones well financed and out to crush any debate.

Shame on you. And stupidly (this is putting it mildly) calling Bossche an anti-vaxxer is liking calling Hitler a beacon of sympathy. I don't care how many times you add your "this is BS" disclaimer I will call you on it and ask you to produce more than vapid propaganda.

I don't have an agenda. My career was largely sympathetic to Big Pharm. When I retired I had enough time to do research for hours a day on these subjects and realize what a bunch of lying criminals they are. This is not a political statement, although I have completely lost faith in anything the US government says in recent years. Both the left and the right politicians are in bed with Big Pharm, Big Data, and Big Agriculture. Toxic food, neverending sickness care instead of wellness promotion, censorship and control of our personal data used to control our thinking. People need to turn off their televisions and read both sides of the issues and decide for themselves where the truth resides.

Anyway, thanks for bumping this thread. I think this is a vitally important issue for people to examine before they decide to take the covid vaccine. Once you take it, there are permanent changes to your immune function and by definition the long term effects are completely unknown. FIRST DO NO HARM.
Old 16-03-2021, 15:28   #4
Marine Service Provider

GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus. Show me the experts saying you can take the vaccine and travel or get your basic freedoms back without endless testing, being masked like a slave, or distanced from other people inhumanely especially our children. What the vaccines allegedly do 95% of the time is reduce clinical symptoms in an infected young, robust test subject, the vast majority of which have no or minimal symptoms in the first place.
Old 16-03-2021, 15:34   #5

You understand this man is a vet right? You want to take your medical advice from a vet, that's your prerogative but you should really stop spreading this as medical advice fit for human consumption!!

Quote:
Vanden Bossche studied at Ghent University for his M.D. in Veterinary Medicine from 1980 to 1983. He then obtained his Postdoctoral training in Equine Medicine and Surgery at the Free University of Berlin (1984-1987).
From 1990, Vanden Bossche underwent a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Virology at James A. Baker Institute for Animal Health, Cornell University in New York.
He was board certified in Veterinary Virology in 1990. Two years later he was Board certified in Veterinary Microbiology and Animal Hygiene.
Old 16-03-2021, 16:18   #6

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
You understand this man is a vet right? You want to take your medical advice from a vet, that's your prerogative but you should really stop spreading this as medical advice fit for human consumption!!
Ha ha ha ha ha!!

That’s hilarious.
Old 16-03-2021, 16:20   #7

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
“Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry” ~ by Imran Ahmed
Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the roll-out of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined, notes Imran Ahmed, who heads the Center for Countering Digital Hate in Washington DC. To counter their activities, he argues, we need to understand them as an industry actively working to sow doubts about the deadliness of COVID-19, vaccines, and medical professionals’ integrity.
Morehttps://www.nature.com/articles/s415...39254-45020405
If it’s an industry, what, exactly, are they trying to gain?

It would be interesting to know.
Old 16-03-2021, 16:39   #8

Boat: Stevens 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus. Show me the experts saying you can take the vaccine and travel or get your basic freedoms back without endless testing, being masked like a slave, or distanced from other people inhumanely especially our children. What the vaccines allegedly do 95% of the time is reduce clinical symptoms in an infected young, robust test subject, the vast majority of which have no or minimal symptoms in the first place.

The clinical trials were not designed to measure non symptomatic infection (very hard to do, would you want to get a swab jammed up your nose every couple of days for months on end). What the trials and ongoing monitoring shows that the vaccine is near 100% in preventing hospitalization and death. To me that’s good enough.
Old 16-03-2021, 17:03   #9

"being masked like a slave" - LOL

The distinguishing feature of being a slave is not having the right to act as you choose, in any way, in ways much more significant than the wearing of a slightly uncomfortable device when shopping.

I choose to wear a mask for the good of others (and myself).
Old 16-03-2021, 17:04   #10

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:

Show us how not masking or getting a vaccine helps rid us of the virus.
It's has been shown that using a mask is 100% better than No mask in keeping others safer.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.
Also, tell the truth, without an intervention Covid Spreads out of control.
Mitigating the Fact will lead to more Death, more loss to the economy, more loss of freedoms.
SV Cloud Duster
Old 16-03-2021, 17:10   #11

Wearing a mask reduces the chance of getting Covid from you, for someone else in the same room, by 75%.

It reduces the chance of you getting it from someone else by 50%.

So it protects you by 50%, but potentially many other people by 75%. That makes wearing one a rather selfless act, when you think about it.

If you have two masked people your chance is (0.25 x 0.5) = 1/8. Two masks are better than one!
Old 16-03-2021, 17:20   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Reference: Who is Geert Vanden Bossche?

https://vaxopedia.org/2021/03/14/who...anden-bossche/
Old 16-03-2021, 17:20   #13

Quote:
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus.

Sure, here you go :

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2AE0Q0

Israel has both a high rate of vaccination, and very good data gathering, which means solid data on effectiveness. It's like a vaccine trial but with 9 million people.

Israel is seeing transmission rates drop, as well as illness from the virus plummet. When they are back to normal life, will you admit you're wrong?
Old 16-03-2021, 17:22   #14
Writing Full-Time Since 2014

Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34

Quote:
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus....

So funny, and you know why.

I'm not going to argue every other point, since vacines are never absolutes. Obviously.

The world is flat? Some people believe so. Let's spread the word.
Old 16-03-2021, 17:25   #15
Writing Full-Time Since 2014

Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSF View Post
Wearing a mask reduces the chance of getting Covid from you, for someone else in the same room, by 75%.

It reduces the chance of you getting it from someone else by 50%.

So it protects you by 50%, but potentially many other people by 75%. That makes wearing one a rather selfless act, when you think about it.

If you have two masked people your chance is (0.25 x 0.5) = 1/8. Two masks are better than one!

This. It's about others and being polite and thoughtful. And the same logic extends to vacines, in a slightly different way. But it is NOT just for you that you do this. Some people value the safety of others as they do their own, others, it's more about number one.

Tags
alarm