Cruisers Forum
 


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2021, 13:58   #1
Marine Service Provider
 
Azul's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near Lake Erie
Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15
Posts: 546
Images: 2
Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Azul is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 14:52   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 41,468
Images: 241
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

“Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry” ~ by Imran Ahmed
Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the roll-out of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined, notes Imran Ahmed, who heads the Center for Countering Digital Hate in Washington DC. To counter their activities, he argues, we need to understand them as an industry actively working to sow doubts about the deadliness of COVID-19, vaccines, and medical professionals’ integrity.
Morehttps://www.nature.com/articles/s415...39254-45020405
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is online now  
Old 16-03-2021, 14:55   #3
Marine Service Provider
 
Azul's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near Lake Erie
Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15
Posts: 546
Images: 2
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

With respect GordMay, you are the one spreading disinformation. Bossche has vast impeccable credentials and ZERO personal gain from posting his warning. He has been a consultant and advocate for vaccines including working for the Gates Foundation. But not this vaccine in this setting. The article you cited is the exact opposite of the truth. It is Big Pharm, WHO, CDC et al that are the ones well financed and out to crush any debate.

Shame on you. And stupidly (this is putting it mildly) calling Bossche an anti-vaxxer is liking calling Hitler a beacon of sympathy. I don't care how many times you add your "this is BS" disclaimer I will call you on it and ask you to produce more than vapid propaganda.

I don't have an agenda. My career was largely sympathetic to Big Pharm. When I retired I had enough time to do research for hours a day on these subjects and realize what a bunch of lying criminals they are. This is not a political statement, although I have completely lost faith in anything the US government says in recent years. Both the left and the right politicians are in bed with Big Pharm, Big Data, and Big Agriculture. Toxic food, neverending sickness care instead of wellness promotion, censorship and control of our personal data used to control our thinking. People need to turn off their televisions and read both sides of the issues and decide for themselves where the truth resides.

Anyway, thanks for bumping this thread. I think this is a vitally important issue for people to examine before they decide to take the covid vaccine. Once you take it, there are permanent changes to your immune function and by definition the long term effects are completely unknown. FIRST DO NO HARM.
Azul is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 15:28   #4
Marine Service Provider
 
Azul's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near Lake Erie
Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15
Posts: 546
Images: 2
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus. Show me the experts saying you can take the vaccine and travel or get your basic freedoms back without endless testing, being masked like a slave, or distanced from other people inhumanely especially our children. What the vaccines allegedly do 95% of the time is reduce clinical symptoms in an infected young, robust test subject, the vast majority of which have no or minimal symptoms in the first place.
Azul is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 15:34   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 580
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

You understand this man is a vet right? You want to take your medical advice from a vet, that's your prerogative but you should really stop spreading this as medical advice fit for human consumption!!


Quote:
Vanden Bossche studied at Ghent University for his M.D. in Veterinary Medicine from 1980 to 1983. He then obtained his Postdoctoral training in Equine Medicine and Surgery at the Free University of Berlin (1984-1987).
From 1990, Vanden Bossche underwent a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Virology at James A. Baker Institute for Animal Health, Cornell University in New York.
He was board certified in Veterinary Virology in 1990. Two years later he was Board certified in Veterinary Microbiology and Animal Hygiene.
NaClyDog is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 16:18   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Posts: 4,921
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
You understand this man is a vet right? You want to take your medical advice from a vet, that's your prerogative but you should really stop spreading this as medical advice fit for human consumption!!
Ha ha ha ha ha!!

That’s hilarious.
__________________
Epoxy can kill me like a kid smelling peanuts across the lunch room. Even the freshly machined dust from cured epoxy. Please don’t suggest using it.
Chotu is online now  
Old 16-03-2021, 16:20   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Posts: 4,921
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
“Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry” ~ by Imran Ahmed
Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the roll-out of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined, notes Imran Ahmed, who heads the Center for Countering Digital Hate in Washington DC. To counter their activities, he argues, we need to understand them as an industry actively working to sow doubts about the deadliness of COVID-19, vaccines, and medical professionals’ integrity.
Morehttps://www.nature.com/articles/s415...39254-45020405
If it’s an industry, what, exactly, are they trying to gain?

It would be interesting to know.
__________________
Epoxy can kill me like a kid smelling peanuts across the lunch room. Even the freshly machined dust from cured epoxy. Please don’t suggest using it.
Chotu is online now  
Old 16-03-2021, 16:39   #8
Registered User

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pender Harbour, BC
Boat: Stevens 47
Posts: 112
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus. Show me the experts saying you can take the vaccine and travel or get your basic freedoms back without endless testing, being masked like a slave, or distanced from other people inhumanely especially our children. What the vaccines allegedly do 95% of the time is reduce clinical symptoms in an infected young, robust test subject, the vast majority of which have no or minimal symptoms in the first place.


The clinical trials were not designed to measure non symptomatic infection (very hard to do, would you want to get a swab jammed up your nose every couple of days for months on end). What the trials and ongoing monitoring shows that the vaccine is near 100% in preventing hospitalization and death. To me that’s good enough.
s/v Thea is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:03   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,422
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

"being masked like a slave" - LOL

The distinguishing feature of being a slave is not having the right to act as you choose, in any way, in ways much more significant than the wearing of a slightly uncomfortable device when shopping.

I choose to wear a mask for the good of others (and myself).
__________________
Bristol 31.1, SF Bay.
MarkSF is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:04   #10
Registered User
 
Boatyarddog's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olympia, Wa
Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202
Posts: 1,200
Images: 2
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus. Show me the experts saying you can take the vaccine and travel or get your basic freedoms back without endless testing, being masked like a slave, or distanced from other people inhumanely especially our children. What the vaccines allegedly do 95% of the time is reduce clinical symptoms in an infected young, robust test subject, the vast majority of which have no or minimal symptoms in the first place.

Show us how not masking or getting a vaccine helps rid us of the virus.
It's has been shown that using a mask is 100% better than No mask in keeping others safer.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.
Also, tell the truth, without an intervention Covid Spreads out of control.
Mitigating the Fact will lead to more Death, more loss to the economy, more loss of freedoms.
SV Cloud Duster
__________________
SV Cloud Duster
Boatyarddog is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:10   #11
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,422
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Wearing a mask reduces the chance of getting Covid from you, for someone else in the same room, by 75%.

It reduces the chance of you getting it from someone else by 50%.

So it protects you by 50%, but potentially many other people by 75%. That makes wearing one a rather selfless act, when you think about it.

If you have two masked people your chance is (0.25 x 0.5) = 1/8. Two masks are better than one!
__________________
Bristol 31.1, SF Bay.
MarkSF is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:20   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,950
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
You understand this man is a vet right? You want to take your medical advice from a vet, that's your prerogative but you should really stop spreading this as medical advice fit for human consumption!!
Reference: Who is Geert Vanden Bossche?

https://vaxopedia.org/2021/03/14/who...anden-bossche/
Montanan is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:20   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,422
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus.

Sure, here you go :

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2AE0Q0

Israel has both a high rate of vaccination, and very good data gathering, which means solid data on effectiveness. It's like a vaccine trial but with 9 million people.

Israel is seeing transmission rates drop, as well as illness from the virus plummet. When they are back to normal life, will you admit you're wrong?
__________________
Bristol 31.1, SF Bay.
MarkSF is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:22   #14
Writing Full-Time Since 2014
 
thinwater's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deale, MD
Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34
Posts: 7,906
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
GordMay, show me the evidence this covid "vaccine" (better called a medical device or gene therapy) prevents an individual from getting covid. Show me the evidence it prevents transmission of the virus....

So funny, and you know why.


I'm not going to argue every other point, since vacines are never absolutes. Obviously.



The world is flat? Some people believe so. Let's spread the word.
__________________
Gear Testing--Engineering--Sailing
https://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/
thinwater is offline  
Old 16-03-2021, 17:25   #15
Writing Full-Time Since 2014
 
thinwater's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deale, MD
Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34
Posts: 7,906
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSF View Post
Wearing a mask reduces the chance of getting Covid from you, for someone else in the same room, by 75%.

It reduces the chance of you getting it from someone else by 50%.

So it protects you by 50%, but potentially many other people by 75%. That makes wearing one a rather selfless act, when you think about it.

If you have two masked people your chance is (0.25 x 0.5) = 1/8. Two masks are better than one!

This. It's about others and being polite and thoughtful. And the same logic extends to vacines, in a slightly different way. But it is NOT just for you that you do this. Some people value the safety of others as they do their own, others, it's more about number one.
__________________
Gear Testing--Engineering--Sailing
https://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/
thinwater is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
alarm

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fla Covid vaccines AA3JY COVID-19 | Containment Area 111 25-01-2021 22:47
Alarming Increase in SAR rates? Ex-Calif Health, Safety & Related Gear 37 11-07-2014 16:02
Alarming Questions! monte Marine Electronics 18 27-06-2014 01:50
Which vaccines would you need? mobetah Health, Safety & Related Gear 10 05-06-2008 04:47

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.