Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 06:29   #331

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Sean Depagnier's Plugins

Weatherfax_pi Commit & Pull Request to fix the internet retrieval menu has been entered

https://github.com/seandepagnier/weatherfax_pi/pull/54
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 16:29   #332

I have uploaded to OpenCPN Beta File Thingie rguser, rgpass into 4.8.0 PI Win directory an updated version of

weatherfax_pi-1.7002-api1.13-ov4.2.0-win32.exe

for Windows. Fixes XML, Preferences Bug, Internet Retrieval Menu format.
Virustotal results:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/3e...bad2/detection
Quote:
No engines detected this file
SHA-2563e89956e626817aa087fb0624bbab687a80975a184df4e8 b9bb2805af518bad2File nameweatherfax_pi-1.7002-api1.13-ov4.2.0-win32.exeFile size680.39 KBLast analysis2017-09-13 23:12:10 UTC
Suggest you check the file after download, at the virustotal website.

---
This file contains all updates to XML files and updates to the problematical second level menu "Internet Retrieval" See the new Menu arrangement which puts the critical buttons "Retrieve Scheduled and Selected" so that they are completely visible when the menu is opened, such that the plugin can operate without additional stretching. Please see the attached screenshot.

(If someone wants to see all of the lower row, they can stretch from the middle section to pull up more area in the lower menu field and show all of the less important and secondary "Boat Position" and "Reset Filter" buttons.)

I have made a Pull Request to Sean and he has Merged the PR, however when I clone Sean's repository and build it, both the Preferences bug is still there and the Internet Retrieval Menu is not fixed. Therefore I have created the file above from my local repository until this can be remedied.

I hope some users will install this version and test it out. Incidently the UK MET links are of old dates because UK MET is now using dates. However the fact that the files still exist and have a date may allow us to figure out the date/time cycle so that current UK files can be downloaded.

Note: Many other MET urls are using data and time. Two pros have volunteered to help us figure this problem out. Their work might get incorporated as C++ into the plugin at some point. (currently Python is being used.) There is more work to do to get this working (and updates to the XML files)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WxFax-InternetRetrieval-Menu.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	156026  
Old 14-09-2017, 18:13   #333

New Version OpenCPN Beta File Thingie rguser, rgpass into 4.8.0 PI Win directory an updated version of

weatherfax_pi-1.7003-api1.13-ov4.2.0-win32.exe

for Windows. Fixes XML, Preferences Bug, Internet Retrieval Menu format.
Virustotal results:
No Engines detected this file
SHA-256dc6cb0f8524260c54d1bfa8b33a187a1ef7b654998f4db0 76ad7bc2307ede159File name: weatherfax_pi-1.7003-api1.13-ov4.2-win32.exe
File: size680.63 KBAnalysis date2017-09-15 01:09:16 UTC
Old 17-09-2017, 02:30   #334

Has anyone tried this new version?
Old 19-09-2017, 20:06   #335

Mike R. [Rasbats] has suggested using Github for releases, which appears to work quite easily, so I will be using github for compiled Windows Beta Releases of Sean's plugins going forward. OpenCPN Beta File Thingie will remain in place for other things.

Please find the current Windows version here
https://github.com/rgleason/weatherf...es/tag/1.7003R

Please give it a try. The internetretrieval urls have been updated, preferences bug fixed, and a menu has been fixed.
However there are a number of URLs that are using changing strdatetime at the end of the url.
Weatherfax currently does not have the tools to handle this. It is a bad practice IMHO, but
Met offices that have done this are
UK
France
Singapore
Japanese
India

If anyone has other good Met URL's please advise.
Old 24-09-2017, 12:13   #336

Windows Plugins

Weatherfax_pi
-Not updated yet on Sean's Repository. The XML's have been updated and Menu's have been adjusted. It has been compiled and a Windows version is here
https://github.com/rgleason/weatherf...es/tag/1.7003R
The Official Version is out of date. Nobody has tested this other than Rick.

Celestial Navigation_pi

- Fails when you try to enter a second fix.- Works fine in Debug Mode so that is no help

Weather_Routing_pi
- Currently failing with 153 errors and before that with 19- Dan fixed it very quickly for a short while
Two of these problems are isolated to Windows so they really aren't a very high priority on the developer's list.

And besides Weatherfax_pi works ok, but the WeatherfaxInternetRetrieval.xml is woefully out of date for the Official download version.

So you Windows guys better drum up a good Windows Programmer soon otherwise we're going to have a bunch of outdated plugins that work with Linux, but don't work in Windows.

Sorry, but that is the reality.
Old 24-09-2017, 16:42   #337

Celestial Nav has not worked in Windows since Jan-Feb.
Old 24-09-2017, 18:25   #338

New Clone of OpenCPN

It didn't take long to get setup using Transmitter Dan's
BATCHUTILS https://github.com/transmitterdan/BatchUTILS

Git cloned into my Github directory.
Then set a PATH to Batchutils and
Made sure all the paths to poedit, cmake, widgets were as expected in the batch file.

Then had to set a new Env Variable WXDIR because I had it as WXWIN to the wxWidgets. And the only other thing I had to do was reboot to make the main batch file work CONFIG.bat.

I found I did need to copy the binary zip fileOpenCPN_buildwin-svg.zip to buildwin directory.

And then with a cmake -T v120_xp .. at the prompt in the build directory, it was all ready to go!

I think it took less than an hour.

One little problem though, which I created of course, by trying to compile cel-nav inline, using git clone from opencpn\plugins.

I tried going to Opencpn\plugins and at the prompt issuing
git Clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/celestial_navigation_pi.git
and it Cloned ok.

Then in the OpenCPN\build directory I issued cmake -T v120_xp ..
and then cmake --build . --config debug

and it built all of it except cel_nav! Here is the error.

""C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL _BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plug ins\celestial_navigation_pi\celestial_navigation_
pi.vcxproj" (default target) (13) ->
(Link target) ->
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'opencpn.lib' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCP
N\build\plugins\celestial_navigation_pi\celestial_ navigation_pi.vcxproj]"

What did I miss? Should I copy the recent version of opencpn.lib into the plugin somewhere...doesn;t make sense.

That's right OpenCPN.LIB for debug is here
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\Debug
needs to be copied to here
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build

and it compiled for Debug

Thanks DAN for a great addition to the Development Tools!
Old 24-09-2017, 19:23   #339

I had to copy expat.dll and cairo.dll into opencpn\buildwin from their subdirectories in that folder due to some errors... is Cel_Nav plugin requiring this? Or does all of OpenCPN require it? I had these specific notes in the Dev Compile Win docs and they seem to have been removed for some reason. ---Cairo.dll and expat.dll still need to be at the top of the buildwin directory.

Now Celestial_Nav is not finding opencpn.lib even though it has been copied from build\debug to build. Why? What do I do now?

Have Rebuilt...

There is nothing in the Cel_Nav build\debug directory....
Old 24-09-2017, 19:38   #340

It's odd, because I can build from the prompt with no errors both debug and release and packaged, but when I go into MSVC++ and Clean, Build, then try Debug I get errors looking for expat.dll and opencpn.lib (for cel_nav) etc.

Is there some pointer I have to set in MSVC++?
Old 24-09-2017, 19:42   #341

Error
Error 16 error LNK1104: cannot open file 'opencpn.lib' C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\celestial_navigation_pi\LINK celestial_navigation_pi

Warning
Quote:
Warning 1 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\CelestialNavigationDialo g.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 2 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\CelestialNavigationDialo g.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 3 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\SightDialog.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 4 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\SightDialog.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 5 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 6 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 7 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\FindBodyDialog.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 8 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\FindBodyDialog.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 9 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\FixDialog.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 10 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\FixDialog.cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 11 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\ClockCorrectionDialog.cp p) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 12 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\ClockCorrectionDialog.cp p) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 13 warning C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\celestial_navigation_pi. cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 35 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 14 warning C4005: 'INFINITY' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\ce lestial_navigation_pi\src\celestial_navigation_pi. cpp) c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\cel estial_navigation_pi\src\Sight.h 36 1 celestial_navigation_pi
Warning 15 warning C4005: 'M_PI' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\src\chcanv .cpp) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include\math.h 1298 1 opencpn
Warning 17 warning C4005: 'M_PI' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\src\navuti l.cpp) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include\math.h 1298 1 opencpn
Warning 18 warning C4273: 'wxEVT_DOWNLOAD_EVENT' : inconsistent dll linkage C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\src\pluginm anager.cpp 5789 1 opencpn
Warning 19 warning C4005: 'M_PI' : macro redefinition (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\src\viewpo rt.cpp) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include\math.h 1298 1 opencpn
Warning 20 warning C4717: 'GribV1Record::GribV1Record' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\gri b_pi\src\gribv1record.cpp 262 1 grib_pi
Warning 21 warning C4717: 'GribV2Record::GribV2Record' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\gri b_pi\src\gribv2record.cpp 1590 1 grib_pi
Old 24-09-2017, 19:57   #342

I've removed cel_nav_pi to see if it helped, did not.
I guess BATCHUTIL does not copy all the files where they need to go.
What does it copy? Does does it not copy?
Here is where the problem is
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do..._and_dll_files
Old 25-09-2017, 02:11   #343

I realized there are other helper files in BATCHUTIL like doCopyAll debug

Very nice. It works!
Old 25-09-2017, 03:58   #344

Boat: Valiant 42

Rick,

There is build.bat and dbbuild.bat. I never build inside Visual Studio. I debug in VS all the time. Sometimes I will compile one source file inside VS but never a complete build.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 14:37   #345

Dan, I'll use those bat, I use the older ones all the time.

I'd like to clone plugins into opencpn/plugins. Then dbbuild. Is there anything I need to do other than copy the dbug *.dll to build plugin and make sure the plugin_pi/data directory is there?
Inorder to build and debug the plugin?

Thanks

Tags
plug