Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017, 02:24   #316

Re: Sean Depagnier's Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by willduiker View Post
Hi, I just upgraded my mac from Snow Leopard to Sierra and have been updating Open CPN and the plugins I am familiar with. I have a problem with the Climatology plugin and get the message "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) Couldn't open "climatology-{plugin_1.2.pkg". Any suggestions?http://www.cruisersforum.com/images/.../whistling.gif
The plugin name "climatology-{plugin_1.2.pkg" should not have the "{" symbol in it .
Did you build the plugin yourself or is this the download version?
I don't see the problem.

Peter
ptulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 15:36   #317

Hi Peter,

The plugin was the downloaded version - which I have just downloaded again and this time opened the package and it installed no problems.

Thanks

Will
willduiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 09:03   #318

Boat: Simonis 50

The handy Status Bar plugin does not work properly in OpenCPN v4.6.

Although the "Preferences" dialog box appears when clicking on the button, the problem is that:

1. Changes made are not affected,
2. and also lost when clicking on the "OK" button on the "Preferences" dialog.

I did send an email to Sean but I'm not sure he uses the same email account anymore. Can anybody notify him?
svrevelations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 13:59   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
The handy Status Bar plugin does not work properly in OpenCPN v4.6.

Although the "Preferences" dialog box appears when clicking on the button, the problem is that:

1. Changes made are not affected,
2. and also lost when clicking on the "OK" button on the "Preferences" dialog.

I did send an email to Sean but I'm not sure he uses the same email account anymore. Can anybody notify him?
Same problem with Statusbar colour change but change back to previously used colour
Ivanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 21:10   #320

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

give me a few days, I just fixed the grib and chart problems today.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 07:48   #321

Boat: Northshore, Southerly 110, 10.30m

Hello,

I am facing similar difficulties under OpenSUSE Linux with some of those pugins.
I had to make a few change to compile Weatherfax (I have created a fix branch) but not fixed all the issue related to the coming gcc 6.

I have a bigger issue with weather_routing_pi which is a critical piece of code.
I have succeded to build it but I notice that all the boatolar are provided in .pol format but the plugin only accepts .xml.

As the polar_pi plugin creates .pol file, this is problematic.
Has anyone a solution to create a working system for general user ?

Furthermore, weatherrouting refuses to read girb files coming from zygrib while the grib plugin can read them. I have seens no correction for that.

I have also raised bugs on github on the same topics.

Any clue ?

Dominig
dominig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 15:02   #322

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Doming,
The weather_routing plugin uses XML for the Boat.XML or [Your Boat Name].xml file.
This file stores information about your boat in XML format, including multiple Polar files which can be ordered and used in appropriate winds (basically sail sets). These polar files can be XXXXX.pol or XXXXX.txt or whatever, but they must be in a certain format. Sean has done some work to make the various "flavors" of *.pol more acceptable.

I hope that helps. When going into Edit BOAT, first pick the Boat.XML, then ADD polar files to it.

The manual is now outdated and needs a big update. I have been hoping to get to it, but have been pretty busy lately. Editing Volunteers are very welcome to improve the Plugin Documentation. There is a long list but Weather_fax, Weather_Routing are two of them.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 15:08   #323

Let me know if there is anything to try compiling. I haven't been watching lately. Sorry.
Old 29-03-2017, 01:42   #324

Boat: Northshore, Southerly 110, 10.30m

Sean,

on git hub I have created a fork with a branch for quick compilation error correction for weatherfax_pi but for next release of Linux to wome soon where gcc6 become the norm, more change will be required.

For weather_routing_pi, your trick has allowed me to pass the creation of a Polar (some documentation update is really needed) BUT it sill does not work.

Except is you ask me to do differently, I will post my bug reports directly as issue in github. It's the best place to manage them in line with the actual code changes.

I would really like to get weather_routing to work before pushing 4.6 on the official OpenSUSE repo. It's a key plugin.

Dominig
dominig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:56   #325

OpenCPN Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass

In directory 4.6.0 Win PI have uploaded current plugins
weather_routing_pi good with Opencpn 4.2
weather_fax_pi good with Opencon 4.5
With the most recent improvements.

which are improvements.
Old 23-08-2017, 17:18   #326

Sean's Plugins & Update

Recently, Sean and I had several opportunities to meet and talk, which for me, was quite a treat, after corresponding via internet for the last 5 1/2 years. He's always got something interesting going on. First it was capturing squid at night in Provincetown, and then it was his Pypilot program and some clever nested gears he printed out in 3D.

Right now he's very busy developing the controller and software for an autopilot based upon RPI and Orange and a very small motor controller, with 3 or 4 printed boards of his own design, which is now working with several common tiller pilots. He probably won't have much time for his plugins because of the work on his autopilot.

Powered by his solar panels he uses rtlsdr for AIS and downloads weatherfax using a radio reciever. He has created his own wind instruments from an old Davis Weather Station, and he's doubled the accuracy with some modifications. What he needs now is nmea0183 Depth and Speed through the water data. Please keep a sharp lookout for good recently removed instruments that will provide this data, and get them to Sean!

I hope he has fair winds on his way up to Maine. I think the whales in Stellwagon Bank scratched their backs on Alexandra's bottom and took all the paint off off, so she needs a gallon of bottom paint. Our dedicated programmer of many useful plugins would really appreciate your contribution .

So, for awhile, we will have to be resourceful about fixing the small issues that come up. I hope some of the talented OpenCPN programmers will help.

Sean's Plugins Links
Github

Thread ................ Download
Celestial Nav..........O-website (Pavel too)
Climatology ..........O-website
Weather_Routing ..O-website
Weatherfax ......... O-website
SweepPlot ...........O-Website
WatchDog ............O-website
Status .................O-website
Projections ...........O-website
Rotation ............ Opencpn Beta Plugins
ChartScale ...........Opencpn Beta Plugins

All of these are working.Celestial Nav compiles and works in MSVC++ but not as standalone.
Weather Routing works although there is a glitch in a screen not often used.
WatchDog works but we have to get the versions straightened out.
Rotation needs documentation.
Old 28-08-2017, 09:09   #327

Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"
Re: Sean's Plugins & Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Rotation needs documentation.
Hi Rick,

Rotation Control has documentation now. It's here: https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...e:rotationctrl

Note: I encountered some strange behaviour in the interaction with Google Earth. See the doc.

Best Regards,
Roel
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 19:08   #328

Roel, this is great. The illustrations are very good. I'll try the plugin again after I get some testing done and get Weather_routing manual revised. Do you think we need to make some Tracker items for RotationCtrl?

Sean was considering making a "Forward Right" rotation to ease AIS viewing, because it would give more room from ahead, considering the rectangular part of the screen. I think it is a good idea.
Old 05-09-2017, 15:53   #329

Weather Routing Plugin User Manual has been updated.

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...eather_routing
Old 07-09-2017, 11:09   #330

Weatherfax_pi has been updated and Windows version is available in
Opencpn Beta File Thingie rguser, rgpass

Look in 4.8.0 Pi Win Directory.
weatherfax_pi-1.7001-api1.13-ov4.2.0-win32.exe

Use VirusTotal virustotal.com to check the file after download Please.No engines detected this fileSHA-256a967469ca5dd57d87fbdb046164ce6d4884768a37d0f14c ce11a4adce507ab47
weatherfax_pi-1.7001-api1.13-ov4.2.0-win32.exe
File size678.44 KB
Last 2017-09-07 17:58:34 UTC

The weatherfaxinternetretrieval.xml and coordinatesets.xml files have been updated. If you have not modified these files yourself, copy these files over those in your weatherfax/data directories, including the weatherfax/data directory under ProgramData.

These files provide much better up to date urls for internet retrieval.
Please note that the URLs for UKMet, Japan, Singapore, India and others have changed, and these MET sites are now using a date code on all their weatherfaxes that the plugin currently does not handle.

This is being worked on, but it may take awhile, however you will find these files much better than then old ones.

If you have good URL's for any missing Met Offices please send those links. If you have modified your files for local Met Offices that we do not have, please send those too!

Thanks.

Tags
plug