Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2016, 06:03   #1831

Boat: Valiant 42
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Hakan,

For Win10, using the diffs I get no traps at all in debug mode. Also, I get no undesired busy spinners.

Are you using the latest git pulll? Dave made some other changes to fix busy spinner issues. Maybe you don't have those yet.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 06:04   #1832
Marine Service Provider

Hakan/Dan...

I have implemented Dan's latest patch for stray BusySpinners. Thanks Dan.

@Hakan, with this latest patch, do you see any other trouble areas?

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 07:40   #1833

Boat: Najad 34

Dave, Dan..
Busy spinner;
Last Github code, and Dan - Yes I use to fetch once or twice a day, is fine both in Release and Debug mode. In Debug I can now open Tools-options without a debug alert. (Also without to uncomment "// if( ::wxIsBusy() )" in OCPNPlatform.cpp)
But still is the busy spinner gone far before CM93 update/zooming are ready. But I don't think this is connected to today's changes. (And the graphic card on this PC is not the best)

@Dave: "do you see any other trouble areas?"
No not really, but if your commit "Implement experimental exponential Chart zoom/scale function" was intended to do something about my earlier quilt note, http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2243541, there is no change.
If you want a test of something especially please be more specific or is there a possible hidden bug you want us to detect? (Kidding attempt!)
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 08:24   #1834

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Git fetched & built, yes busy spinner gone too Win10
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 14:56   #1835
Marine Service Provider

Hakan...

No, no "hidden bug treasure contest" Just wanted to confirm the busy spinner fixes so far.

Regarding the trouble with DE inland ENC large scale chart: I can reproduce, and conclude that this is caused (once again) by the lack of medium scale overview charts in all the IENC chart sets we have seen. If I correct for your particular bug, then we get serious performance problems in other areas. I am considering making some changes that will improve the quilting logic for IENC chart sets.

Anyway, perhaps this bug should be captured on Flyspray, so we don't lose it....

Thanks
Dave
Old 29-10-2016, 15:16   #1836

Dave
No further issues for the busy spinner, thanks.

And thanks also for the ENC clarification. I'll make a Flyspray note.

Håkan
Old 04-11-2016, 13:33   #1837

On Win10 VC2013 built, today's fetch from Github. Last commit is "Implement IHO compliant MarinersStandard display category(FS#2091)":

I think a bug was implemented for Windows (haven't tried other OS):
In Tools>Charts>Vector charts display;
Short:
No scroll list in "Mariner's standard" list and inconsequence "Display Category" settings after "Reset to STANDARD"
Details:
If I chose Display Category: "Base" the Mariner's standard list is grayed out and some options are selected. If I now click the button "Reset to STANDARD" the list gets active and some options are selected but no scroll list. Furthermore is the "Display Category" still "Base"

If I chose Display Category: "Standard" the Mariner's standard list is grayed out and some options are selected. If I now click the button "Reset to STANDARD" the list gets active and some options are selected but no scroll list. Furthermore is the "Display Category" still "Standard"

If I chose Display Category: "All" the Mariner's standard list is grayed out and some, not all, options are selected. If I now click the button "Reset to STANDARD" the list gets active and some options are selected but no scroll list. Furthermore is the "Display Category" still "All"

If I chose Display Category: "Mariner's Standard" the Mariner's standard list is active and some options are selected but no scroll list. "Select all" and "Clear all" is probably working but since the scroll list is gone I can't check.

Håkan
Old 04-11-2016, 15:40   #1838

Hello all,

I'm a plugin developer in need of some assistance! I have all opencpn compiled using linux as is instructed in the guide Compiling - Linux | Official OpenCPN Homepage

I'm not sure why, but I have no maps. No charts. No ability to get maps or charts as they are normally downloaded with Chart Downloader. I've provided a screenshot. I don't even have land masses! Does anyone know why this might be? My hunch is that this is a directory dependency issue, so I tried placing my Charts directory in the OpenCPN directory created from the git clone and recompiled with negative results.

Any thoughts? Help is always appreciated!
sailor121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 16:24   #1839
Marine Service Provider

Hakan...

1. The "Reset to Standard" button should be active only when Mariners Standard is displayed. This button has no function unless Mariners Standard category is selected. I'll fix that.

2. What do you mean "the scroll list is gone", or "no scroll list"? I found (on Windows) that you may need to resize the entire options dialog size to get the scroll list to appear correctly. Make it slightly wider. I think this is a bug in wxWidgets sizers code, which I will try to find a workaround.

Thanks for testing
Dave
Old 04-11-2016, 16:56   #1840

Dave
OK, very good.
Yes when I resize options dialog the scroll list emerge. (Now I remember I've seen that long time ago but the new button may need more dialog width than I've used so far.) But for some reason is the mouse wheel not scrolling up/down. I've to catch and drag the slider with the mouse. My mouse wheel is working in for example the Chart groups list.

Thanks/ Håkan
Old 04-11-2016, 17:02   #1841
Marine Service Provider

Hakan...

2. Interesting. My mouse wheel works in the Mariners Standard box.

Dave

p.s. Do you ever sleep?
Old 04-11-2016, 17:54   #1842

Dave
Strange, my mouse/touchpad isn't working there even after OCPN or PC stop/start.
And options dialog width size isn't saved upon OCPN closure. I now have to resize every time to see the scroll bar. Would it be possible to move the Mariner's standard list box to the left?

Håkan
p.s. And thanks for your care - Yes I do sometimes sleep but occasionally wake up again and need some distraction, like OCPN.
Old 04-11-2016, 18:13   #1843

Dave - more...
I checked out to a commit before "Implement IHO compliant.........."
The scroll bar is there directly without options resize but my mouse wheel isn't working now either so this must be something old. (It's seldom used so I've not noticed I suppose - leave it for now)
Håkan
Now for a sleep.....
Old 04-11-2016, 18:22   #1844
Marine Service Provider

Hakan...

Corrected both issues in github now.

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35   #1845

Dave
Confirmed - The button "Reset to .." only active in Mariner's standard and the scroll bar is now visible also in a "normal" options width.
(No wheel scroll in Mariners standards list box on this PC.)
Many thanks
Håkan