Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2017, 17:01   #241

Boat: PSC Orion 27
Re: Couple and dogs rescued after months at sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
It's the dogs, Jim. Now imagine if they'd have had cats! Viral!!
Or if they had to rescue this guy....Click image for larger version

Name:	sailing-chicken-guy-monique-guirec-soudeel-8.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	158643
Old 31-10-2017, 17:07   #242

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
Or if they had to rescue this guy....Attachment 158643
The chicken world would have rejoiced at the outlandish notion of a single-handed oceanic chicken sailing with a simple human: A year's worth of grain takes only a modicum of stowage - a year's worth of taco-bell, on the other hand...
Old 31-10-2017, 17:33   #243
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
The chicken world would have rejoiced at the outlandish notion of a single-handed oceanic chicken sailing with a simple human: A year's worth of grain takes only a modicum of stowage - a year's worth of taco-bell, on the other hand...
2 months worth of freeze dried refried beans will fit in a #10can and add a 1/2 gallon bucket of flour. You got burritos.
Old 31-10-2017, 17:39   #244

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
2 months worth of freeze dried refried beans will fit in a #10can and add a 1/2 gallon bucket of flour. You got burritos.
And the dogs, with their keen sense of smell, would jump overboard...

Jim
Old 31-10-2017, 17:45   #245
cruiser

Boat: Solaris Sunrise Sport 36’

I keep checking back on this thread just hoping the next media interview will pose really important questions for these two “sailors” such as, in no particular order of significance.......

What kind of anchor they chose and why?

Why they were in a prone to sinking/keel losing monohull and not in a soon to be capsized multi-hull with out the appropriately built and installed watertight bulkheads?

Lastly, what kind of guns they had on board?

Now these are questions I am certain they could help provide educated answers to.
Old 31-10-2017, 17:55   #246

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgal View Post
being a female sailor, (with my share of copper-blond hair), i work hard to gain respect. every decision i make needs to be the right one. i beat myself up over little stuff... heaven forbid that some guy sees me mess up and tells himself i'm just another stupid blonde.

Whooooahhhh. Discounting your actual sailing ability (or lack thereof but giving you the benefit of the doubt) maybe you're in the wrong location.

We LOVE female sailors. We had a local all female race crew, and nobody laughed at them. We WANT more female sailors- they're not screamers, they listen to skipper's instructions, and get the job done.

I have never said "SHE should find another hobby" or "SHE is a complete moron." I can make no such claim concerning men.

So don't get so wound up about how men perceive your sailing ability.

I do like to tease my very left-leaning neighbor when some boater does something really dumb with "he must be a democrat". But truth be told, it's only in jest, because leftists/democrats seem to sail just fine. Somehow.

These two though are scam artists. That they are women is immaterial. That they are fruitcake snowflakes, I'll give that some credit for both the lack of ground in reality and incompetence. But ultimately they are both inept and liars, and frankly I think (despite non-PC jokes which really are in jest) you'd have a difficult time finding anyone who seriously thinks that the situation has anything to do with being female and blonde.
Old 31-10-2017, 17:56   #247
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
And the dogs, with their keen sense of smell, would jump overboard...

Jim
my hounds would have fought me for them . They loved Mexican food .
Old 31-10-2017, 18:10   #248

Boat: 45ft Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
Whooooahhhh. Discounting your actual sailing ability (or lack thereof but giving you the benefit of the doubt) maybe you're in the wrong location.

We LOVE female sailors. We had a local all female race crew, and nobody laughed at them. We WANT more female sailors- they're not screamers, they listen to skipper's instructions, and get the job done.

I have never said "SHE should find another hobby" or "SHE is a complete moron." I can make no such claim concerning men.

So don't get so wound up about how men perceive your sailing ability.

I do like to tease my very left-leaning neighbor when some boater does something really dumb with "he must be a democrat". But truth be told, it's only in jest, because leftists/democrats seem to sail just fine. Somehow.

These two though are scam artists. That they are women is immaterial. That they are fruitcake snowflakes, I'll give that some credit for both the lack of ground in reality and incompetence. But ultimately they are both inept and liars, and frankly I think (despite non-PC jokes which really are in jest) you'd have a difficult time finding anyone who seriously thinks that the situation has anything to do with being female and blonde.
Old 31-10-2017, 18:12   #249

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

I don’t know if this is remotely possible BUT.....

SUPPOSE they weren’t “out there”. Suppose there were “somewhere” and the boat just got all this crud on the bottom sitting in some backwater harbor. The. They cast off, spent a week or three mucking around until they were ready and orchastrated a “rescue.”

We all “believe” they were really drifting about. But with as many falsities as this story has why not question the very premis.
Old 31-10-2017, 18:20   #250

Boat: Tartan 33

From this article of Radio Canada it seems they tried to continue to sail to Tahiti but missed the island and after 2 months realized they were...lost. Not much others details.

Après 5 mois de dérive dans le Pacifique, deux naufragées sont*rescapées | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca
Old 31-10-2017, 18:25   #251

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post

SUPPOSE they weren’t “out there”. Suppose there were “somewhere” and the boat just got all this crud on the bottom sitting in some backwater harbor. The. They cast off, spent a week or three mucking around until they were ready and orchastrated a “rescue.”

We all “believe” they were really drifting about. But with as many falsities as this story has why not question the very premis.

That is ABSOLUTELY what happened. They spent a lot of time somewhere, and it wasn't in the middle of nowhere. Granted, they did cover a lot of ground...under power until they ran out of fuel and money, and then later under sail. But I guarantee they spent some time enjoying island life somewhere with people that took care of their lazy snowflake rears feeding them. Their entire story is a lie. Don't you worry, Dingbat #2 will come clean and tell the whole story once Dingbat #1 dumps her.
Old 31-10-2017, 18:53   #252
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I understand and speak some dog although their accent was difficult at times. From what I’ve been told, Zeuss is very embarrassed about the entire situation, being forced to dress up in that ridiculous lime green dress and pretend to be stranded on the boat. He longs for the solitude enjoyed just prior to departing the Philippines and being forced to participate in this charade.

He hates oatmeal and pasta... it gives him diarrhea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post

You must have missed post #136, when I discussed this issue with Zeuss. Also, the closest thing he witnessed resembling a "tiger shark attack" was when saw the two knuckleheads fighting over a box of Frosted Flakes.
Old 31-10-2017, 20:13   #253

Boat: Beneteau 321

Interesting News Story

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/vi...r&_gsc=I2lJePN
Old 31-10-2017, 20:18   #254

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Hey all, just a heads up. As this seems to be shaking out none too nicely for these 2, let's try to remember to keep it clean, civil, nice and apolitical.

Just so you know I am working to constrain my own colorful assessments.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Old 31-10-2017, 20:39   #255
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Hey all, just a heads up. As this seems to be shaking out none too nicely for these 2, let's try to remember to keep it clean, civil, nice and apolitical.

Just so you know I am working to constrain my own colorful assessments.
don if I sail my boat down to the bay area wanna just hop on board and sail to Hawaii only one rule no toothbrushes

Tags
dogs, men, rescue