Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2019, 16:01   #736
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: La Vagabonde's crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Waves View Post
Had a bicycle crash today, a bit banged up, can’t see out of left eye or use left hand. We think nothing permanent. But take a while to recover, not sure if I will continue routing one eyed and one handed.

It’s “interesting” I get banged up pretty much once a year on bike, really never ever have on boat (tropical infection once in Durban). Surprisingly similar miles also on both - 5 to 10k/year.

Sad, because 2nd half of passage looks as interesting as the first half.

Unbusted, I started with polars that I had from another project, from a slightly faster custom cat. The difficult with LV is that this crew is a bit inconsistent - sometimes sending it and other times not - more than I am used to.
hope you get better soon
perhaps one of the open cpn boys runnin routing software on that might step in to give you a bit of time for R&R
Old 25-11-2019, 17:28   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
hope you get better soon
I second that!
Old 25-11-2019, 18:52   #738

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 37

Quote:
Had a bicycle crash today, a bit banged up, can’t see out of left eye or use left hand. We think nothing permanent. But take a while to recover, not sure if I will continue routing one eyed and one handed.

It’s “interesting” I get banged up pretty much once a year on bike, really never ever have on boat (tropical infection once in Durban). Surprisingly similar miles also on both - 5 to 10k/year.

Unbusted, I started with polars that I had from another project, from a slightly faster custom cat. The difficult with LV is that this crew is a bit inconsistent - sometimes sending it and other times not - more than I am used to.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quickly. And thank you again for all of your very educational contributions!
Old 25-11-2019, 20:20   #739

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:

I'm really sorry! To a speedy recovery!

I have somehow miraculously managed to avoid ever once getted banged up on a bicycle, despite a lifetime from age 5 flying around on bikes, often at unreasonable speeds. Pure luck as far as I can tell.

Otherwise for me with motorcycles, where I've managed to have three nasty bashes, all of which have left various body parts mangled and with hideous scars.

I wish you swift healing and no bad memories.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 25-11-2019, 20:26   #740

atoll it is very clear your an armchair sailor with very little real world experience but a hateful keyboard. Very easy for you to hide behind your screen and take shots at real adventurers. Riley has this, he has experience, a good boat, great crew and professional router. You on the other hand have Mrs Palmer and her five friends.
Old 25-11-2019, 20:41   #741

Boat: Volkscruiser

HansChristain 33 thats what we call a King Hit. I think you should stick to topic until you get to know us all. 14 posts makes you look like a troll.

Cheers
Old 25-11-2019, 20:44   #742

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansChristian33 View Post
atoll it is very clear your an armchair sailor with very little real world experience but a hateful keyboard. Very easy for you to hide behind your screen and take shots at real adventurers. Riley has this, he has experience, a good boat, great crew and professional router. You on the other hand have Mrs Palmer and her five friends.
You sir have no idea.
Old 25-11-2019, 20:52   #743

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansChristian33 View Post

ROTFLMAO

If you'd spent much time here, you would know that Atoll has many more sea miles in much more varied conditions than Riley,
He's an experienced delivery skipper and circumnavigator.
Old 25-11-2019, 21:34   #744

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Dayum, BW, so sorry to hear this. Glad it wasn't worse though it always seems to feel worse the next day. I've been taking notes throughout this post, but not quite ready to take over for you so I sure hope you can still type with one hand and see the routing with one eye. Perhaps that will take your mind off the pain and help you heal faster!
Old 25-11-2019, 21:36   #745

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
ROTFLMAO

If you'd spent much time here, you would know that Atoll has many more sea miles in much more varied conditions than Riley,
He's an experienced delivery skipper and circumnavigator.
Yeah, but he's kinda been an ass in some of his postings...does his sea miles give him a bye?
Old 25-11-2019, 22:37   #746
Poa

La Vaga turned more eastward during the night to avoid a lull. It seems to have worked for them, when i checked they were at 10.3 knots.
Old 25-11-2019, 22:41   #747

Boat: Sail & Power for over 35 years, experience cruising the Eastern Caribbean, Western Med, and more

Quote:
Had a bicycle crash today, a bit banged up...
Oh no! A routing, polars, navigation error? Or a third party not respecting the COLREGS?

All joking aside, I trust that there will not be any permanent damage and wish you a speedy recovery

Old 25-11-2019, 23:33   #748

get well soon Mr BW , ( hope the bike is not too bad ),,, been there , done it .
Old 25-11-2019, 23:34   #749

so they have finally turned E ( due E ) and speeds have gone up ,, great .
Old 26-11-2019, 00:24   #750

Boat: SeaDog 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Yeah, but he's kinda been an ass in some of his postings...does his sea miles give him a bye?
Atoll called a spade a spade as he saw it. He even reasoned it.
On some shores it is appreciated, on other shores it is despised.
Closed Thread