I posted this on the Furuno
GOS upload page but wasn't sure you saw it so I'm reposting here.
Sorry it took me so long to reply.
I've finally done a test with 3.3.1931 and I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that it appears to be communicating properly with the GPS
. When the upload completes, the GPS beeps indicating it received the upload.
The bad news is that the format of the data being sent to the GPS has changed and it's causing a problem. The $GPRTE sentence is only including 2 waypoints per sentence. 3.31824 is working properly for me and it sends 7 per sentence. Furuno
can only accept 4 $GPRTE sentences. My 10 waypoint route
cause 5 $GPRTE sentences to be created and I'm almost certain that is the cause of the problem.
As for renaming route
waypoints, I understand your concern. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. I'm sure in the future you'll get people claiming the Furuno upload doesn't work if they have waypoint names that exceed 6 characters or use lower case letters. Furuno users will have to understand the limitations of their GPS and learn to accommodate it.
In any event, I didn't realize I could reverse the route and get it to renumber the waypoints. I'm always moving forward, rarely back!
I also tested 1931 on my other ports
and it still doesn't work. I don't believe it has anything to do with OpenCPN
. I have my uploads working again with my one good port and I'll keep trying to research
that and find the answer. Someone mentioned voltages as a possible issue. When I have time, I disconnect all ports
and test them one at a time as the only connection to the GPS. I suspect I'll find the solution when I do that.
Let me know if you would like me to test again. I've attached 2 jpegs showing the NEMA outputs from the good upload(the first one) and the upload on 3.3.1931(the 2nd one).