Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-08-2017, 03:55   #1966
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Dominig,

does the error with the S-63 plug-in still persists now?

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 04:42   #1967

Boat: Northshore, Southerly 110, 10.30m
S63 oeSENC tag lost with upgrade from OpenSUSE 42.2 to 42.3

Huber,

I am afraid that having upgraded my Desktop from 42.1 to 42.3 I have lost the capability to read S63 and oeSENC chart with the exisiting tag.

On my Laptop where I have only upgrade OpenCPN to 4.8 whithout upgrading OpenSUSE, it works.

Regards

Dominig
dominig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 18:45   #1968

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
AIS Track Length resets to 60 min rather than remembering the user setting

https://opencpn.org/flyspray/index.p...271&project=78

AIS Track Length resets to 60 min rather than remembering the user setting

Jon Hacking reports:
Quote:
Hmmm… I told you my testing was not comprehensive. When I set TargetTracksMinutes to 14, OpenCPN reads it just fine! But I’m always wanting LONGER times, not shorter. I’m often tracking boats that are considerably ahead of me, and I want to know where they went when I get to where they are. I don’t want their tracks evaporating before I get there. I generally don’t have many targets around me, so screen clutter isn’t a problem.

So it appears that, while OpenCPN will USE & correctly display longer tracks, it has a filter that prevents it from READING longer TargetTracksMinutes values from its INI file when it wakes up. Anything larger than 60 gets reset back to 60.

This may be By Design. I would argue that limiting TargetTracksMinutes to 60 even when OpenCPN handles much bigger values just fine is too limiting. I’m all for checking values read in from an INI file, but this seems too restrictive.

But it means that OpenCPN is behaving as designed, and changing that may be a tougher sell. What do you think? Can we get them to raise the max TargetTracksMinutes value it will read to something like 600?
Can anyone advise regarding this situation?
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:46   #1969

Boat: Valiant 42

It is the way the program was written. When it reads from the .ini file it limits the track length to maximum of 60.

A long time ago I investigated why this was so. I found that the code for drawing the tracks was somewhat slow and on slower computers and could use up all the CPU just drawing AIS tracks. I fixed that especially for OpenGL mode. Now I routinely run with 180 track lengths as a teat case. It is a trivial matter to change the source code to make the track lengths longer. It is a number in one of the C++ source files.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 20:19   #1970

Removed OpenCPN Local Repos & now recreating it.

I have removed my Local Repos OpenCPN and am trying to recreate it.
have cloned & run cmake -T v120_xp ... then cmake --build . --config debug

Now I seem to be missing cairo.h
"C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory"

When I look at "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\includ e"
no cairo directory or cairo.h file.

NOTE: I have also cloned weatherfax_pi into Github/OpenCPN/plugins/weatherfax so that I can compile it for Debug and do some tests.

When I look in "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\we atherfax_pi\include"

I don't find cairo either.

The include is #include <cairo/cairo.h> at line 15 of SVGcanvascairo.h

Where should I put cairo.h? Why didn't it get cloned?

Errors below:

Quote:
Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_ BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\WXSV G.vcxproj" (default target) (12) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\src\wxsvg\s rc\cairo/SVGCanvasCairo.h(15): fatal error C108
3: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Gi
tHub\OpenCPN\build\WXSVG.vcxproj]
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\src\wxsvg\s rc\cairo\SVGCanvasCairo.h(15): fatal error C108
3: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Gi
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\src\wxsvg\s rc\cairo\SVGCanvasImageCairo.h(15): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Documen
ts\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\WXSVG.vcxproj]
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\src\wxsvg\s rc\cairo\SVGCanvasPathCairo.h(15): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Document
s\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\WXSVG.vcxproj]
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\src\wxsvg\s rc\cairo\SVGCanvasPathCairo.h(15): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Document
s\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\WXSVG.vcxproj]
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\src\wxsvg\s rc\svgxml\svgxml.cpp(24): fatal error C1083: Ca
nnot open include file: 'expat.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCP
N\build\WXSVG.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
6 Error(s)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:56   #1971

When I go back to "Version 4.8.0" by using

"git checkout a13bc43"
- Which is Version 4.8.0, but use of "Version 4.8.0" does not work.

So I am in detached HEAD state, then I try to compile Debug in the build directory with

cmake -T v120_xp ..
cmake --build . --config debug

I still get the same errors../

Quote:
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\src\wxsvg\s rc\cairo/SVGCanvasCairo.h(15): fatal error C108
Old 08-09-2017, 12:09   #1972

Then in the branch list I finally saw "v4.8.0" so I tried that

Quote:
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN>git checkout v4.8.0
Branch v4.8.0 set up to track remote branch v4.8.0 from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'v4.8.0'

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN>git branch -va
master 913c119 Merge branch 'master' of github.com:OpenCPN/OpenCPN
* v4.8.0 a13bc43 Version 4.8.0
remotes/origin/AIS_cache d2ddf01 Correct AIS target name cache update when repeated name changes are detected.
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
remotes/origin/android 7da6c5c 1.0.8
remotes/origin/beta30_stable e48b97d 3.0.2
So that seemed to work better. The "Version 4.8.0" was throwing me for a loop, but v4.8.0 did not show up. ...Anyway from build directory run cmake -T v120_xp .. and then cmake --build . --config release I get the same errors. Same with cmake --build . --config debug !!!

How do you guys compile O? I can't find opencpn.lib because it finishes with Cairo errors as below and opencpn.lib is not created I think.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:33   #1973

I'm finding only 7 files in the build/debug directory and
opencpn.exe opencpn.exp opencpn.ilk (debug directory only) opencpn.pdb (debug directory only) opencpn.lib

are missing.
Old 08-09-2017, 15:52   #1974

Rick,

If you want to take this offline I can explain how my build system works. There is no one "right" way to make it work. I feel sure with a little coaching I can get your build process working.
Old 08-09-2017, 18:27   #1975

Re: Removed OpenCPN Local Repos & now recreating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post

Now I seem to be missing cairo.h
"C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cairo/cairo.h': No such file or directory"
Where does cairo get into the build process? It seems to be part of GTK2... I also got multiple references to cairo.h as a missing include...

Best, CaptPat
captpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:28   #1976

The Cairo dll comes from the buildwin extra stuff needed for Windows builds. The build process documentation for windows got a little messed up when we went to the new web site. Also, there are 3 favors of Microsoft development tools and all of them need different build instructions. I have been quietly trying to develop a set of build scripts that handle all the various possibilities. If you want to help me then start a discussion at my github/batchutils repository.
Old 09-09-2017, 19:14   #1977

TDan, Thanks.

Silly me. It's been awhile. I neglected the necessary dependencies.
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...y_dependencies

When reviewing this section, I used your scripts [with a few changes] as a good alternative in the documentation. I have used them and tested them, I probably should have just used them this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitterdan View Post
The Cairo dll comes from the buildwin extra stuff needed for Windows builds. The build process documentation for windows got a little messed up when we went to the new web site. Also, there are 3 favors of Microsoft development tools and all of them need different build instructions. I have been quietly trying to develop a set of build scripts that handle all the various possibilities. If you want to help me then start a discussion at my github/batchutils repository.
I certainly would like to clarify some of the questions "FIXME" I've put into the documentation, and to make it as clear as possible. [Also to help, Mike has made a more graphic alternative writeup, which some like better].

I will use your github and make a discussion item at github/batchutils.
https://github.com/transmitterdan/BatchUTILS/issues/1
Old 10-09-2017, 00:24   #1978

Boat: Amel Sharki

I guess there is something wrong, see screenshot of https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/tree/master/buildwin

What has libcurl.lib to do with wxSVG?

Gerhard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	git-ocpn.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	155772  
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:21   #1979

Gerhard,

As you know git marks any file added or changed with the comment created by the author at that commit. The comment may or may not be related to that file. There is nothing wrong. The buildwin files are hosted on sourceforge as described by the documentation. All needed files are there. I just cloned O from githib and built it without any errors a couple of hours ago.

I have windows scripts available to anyone that automate the process reducing the chance of forgetting something. There are two .7z files needed in addition to the github clone of OpenCPN to allow to build using visual studio for windows. Automating the steps to download and install these extra files makes for a simpler build process.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:48   #1980

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitterdan View Post
Gerhard,

As you know git marks any file added or changed with the comment created by the author at that commit. The comment may or may not be related to that file. There is nothing wrong. The buildwin files are hosted on sourceforge as described by the documentation. All needed files are there. I just cloned O from githib and built it without any errors a couple of hours ago.

I have windows scripts available to anyone that automate the process reducing the chance of forgetting something. There are two .7z files needed in addition to the github clone of OpenCPN to allow to build using visual studio for windows. Automating the steps to download and install these extra files makes for a simpler build process.
I know already it is hard to you for reading.
When you open the folder "buildwin" in github master of OpenCPN you should read there is a file called "libcurl.lib". This file has nothing to do with Windows or building OpenCPN for Windows. You get it now?

Nobody has asked for your own files or other of your own things. We are talking about the official OpenCPN sources at github.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote