Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2014, 10:58   #151
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Your Ignore List

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
I find the more people I ignore the less I learn. I bet I am on a few though. Just my sparkling personality.
You weren't really learning anything from people you decide to put on your list other than how much they bug you. That is why you do it, but it normally takes me a while as I'm a slow learner.
Old 18-04-2014, 11:31   #152

Boat: Rafiki 37

No one on my ignore list, although I have quite a few ignored threads. As soon as a thread turns to any of the hot 'religious' topics (anchors, guns, keels, old vs new, etc.) I tend to hit the ignore thread button. They usually go the same way ... down the crapper.
Old 18-04-2014, 11:55   #153

too new here, but guilty of having the itchy finger to hit the button.
Old 18-04-2014, 11:59   #154
CLOD

Boat: none

only problem with putting threads on ignore is that it cuts down on material for your member ignore list
Old 18-04-2014, 12:48   #155

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

I get ignored at home and occasionally on CF.......it all just hurts my one whole feeling.
Old 18-04-2014, 14:28   #156

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

I heard there's a thread about an ignore list.
Is this it, and if so, when will somebody post on it??

<sarcasm>

Ayn Rand
Old 18-04-2014, 15:01   #157
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
No one on my ignore list, although I have quite a few ignored threads. As soon as a thread turns to any of the hot 'religious' topics (anchors, guns, keels, old vs new, etc.) I tend to hit the ignore thread button. They usually go the same way ... down the crapper.
I'm in full agreement with Mike, no one on my ignore list, but I unsubscribe to many threads. A good example for why no one on my list would be Mike... we disagree on almost everything, anchors, guns boats etc.; but I'm sure the two of us would always enjoy sitting down for a beer at the end of a day and consider one another other a friend.

There's a couple of other people on the forum I found particularly annoying a while back, but since none were never put on my ignore list, I've come to learn much from their posts and now consider them friends.
Old 18-04-2014, 15:09   #158
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I'm in full agreement with Mike, no one on my ignore list, but I unsubscribe to many threads. A good example for why no one on my list would be Mike... we disagree on almost everything, anchors, guns boats etc.; but I'm sure the two of us would always enjoy sitting down for a beer at the end of a day and consider one another other a friend.

There's a couple of other people on the forum I found particularly annoying a while back, but since none were never put on my ignore list, I've come to learn much from their posts and now consider them friends.
+1
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-04-2014, 15:49   #159

Boat: Hunter 50 CC

I'm up to 123 now. I frequently see replies to posts which quote a post from someone on my ignore list. I have only seen one which made me reconsider. Usually I just smile and move on. I see it as being similar to changing course to avoid a boater who is clearly unaware of the ColRegs. No reason to let someone else's words, thoughts or actions harsh my mellow. See and avoid applies here too.

Lucky Larry
Old 18-04-2014, 16:37   #160
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Larry View Post
I'm up to 123 now. I frequently see replies to posts which quote a post from someone on my ignore list. I have only seen one which made me reconsider. Usually I just smile and move on. I see it as being similar to changing course to avoid a boater who is clearly unaware of the ColRegs. No reason to let someone else's words, thoughts or actions harsh my mellow. See and avoid applies here too.

Lucky Larry

Hey Larry,

Thats pretty much how I use it. But theres not that many on my list

Larry?

LARRY???

LARRY?

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 18-04-2014, 16:55   #161

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Only 2 on my list. One is/was a religious zealot and the second, a non boat owner but claims his supposed airplane is a boat since it has floats. This, of course, gives him the authority to comment on things he know nothing about. My blood pressure is much lower now.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 18-04-2014, 17:10   #162

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Lucky Larry, you might want to work on your tolerance...#124
Old 18-04-2014, 17:17   #163

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

If I put SailorBoy on my Ignore list, I would miss out on the 7,400+ posts he has done. Actually though I have only found one guy I would put on a list but I don't look at that forum anymore (on moving to Ecuador). This is a great forum - glad to be here - hope I don't get on anybody's list. BTW - I tend to write verbosely, especially on technical stuff. I hope that doesn't bother too many of you. If it does you know where to put me.
Old 18-04-2014, 18:15   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Boy are you ever right. Nothing as beautiful as the sound of a loon drifting over a calm lake in the evening.

Unless she's chasing her husband with a knife and shrieking at the top of her lungs.
Old 18-04-2014, 21:54   #165

Boat: Hunter 50 CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Hey Larry,

Thats pretty much how I use it. But theres not that many on my list

Larry?

LARRY???

LARRY?
No Mark, you're not on it.
Closed Thread