Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2020, 08:36   #2311

Boat: PDQ 36
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

I think that I am still a member here, Zee if that's not true just let me know. I live in Mexico, San Carlos, Sonora to be exact. I have a catamaran and I am very happy on my own, although a tad lonely. I'm 65, fit, and I love the live aboard life. I have no desire to sail around the world, the Sea of Cortez is so fascinating, I think I could explore it for the next 10 years.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:03   #2312
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

kiminak... please request membership--i could not find you in the rolls of members...

life is fragile. we need to enjoy it

happy new year. is 2020 may our vision be up to this
Old 02-01-2020, 21:40   #2313

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Zee, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Margo. My condolences to you and her family and friends as well.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Old 18-01-2020, 10:15   #2314

margo was one of us..
ok so itis cruising season..who is going where--oh yes coldville is frozen over until spring.. but there are others who cruise now as season gallops along... who is where..
Old 14-02-2020, 08:06   #2315

Boat: Jeanneau 27

Sorry Zee work got a little crazy with work haven't been on in forever. Not sure if it's appropriate that I'm on here as I am on my 5 year plan waiting for retirement before I am living aboard. So I will just post and you can let me know.

Hi my name is Jay, I am 49. I live in Missouri currently charter sail and go on dive vacations mostly. I grew up poor joined the military and went to college worked my way up to a good job and a good life. I have always been a person that enjoys experiences more than things but has fallen into the trap of that's what people do, get better stuff. I am in the process of reducing and getting as prepared as I can be for retirement, travel and more of whats out there.
Old 14-02-2020, 08:50   #2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound_308 View Post
Sorry Zee work got a little crazy with work haven't been on in forever. Not sure if it's appropriate that I'm on here as I am on my 5 year plan waiting for retirement before I am living aboard. So I will just post and you can let me know.

Hi my name is Jay, I am 49. I live in Missouri currently charter sail and go on dive vacations mostly. I grew up poor joined the military and went to college worked my way up to a good job and a good life. I have always been a person that enjoys experiences more than things but has fallen into the trap of that's what people do, get better stuff. I am in the process of reducing and getting as prepared as I can be for retirement, travel and more of whats out there.
good morning!~
please request membership inclusive of relationship status please.. can pm me relationship status. thankyou! must request at the page with heart...
Old 14-02-2020, 09:31   #2317

welcome outbound... gotcha
Old 07-03-2020, 15:40   #2318

knots find this thread and post and you be admitted!!!!
Old 09-03-2020, 10:53   #2319

welcome knots--admitted without posting... hhmm hope he finds this thread...
Old 15-03-2020, 21:07   #2320

Send a message via Skype™ to PADISail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
So, reading this article today I have to wonder if us sailing girls should ignore sailing guys with the fancy boats, if we eventually want serious commitment.
Sounds like the perfect guy would be one that does NOT have a boat or a girl, but has an appreciation and dream of both. At the same time... Can't a 'serious commitment' be a commitment to being on the water together ?

That's where I think a live-aboard is a perfect choice.
I read about a guy that shared 19 years of family life on-board, raised their children (a couple of them born on-board) while sailing all over the world. I would guess if ya love sailing, love your wife, love your kids, and they feel the same, it's never gonna get old or boring. I suppose it's all in finding that right person...
Old 21-03-2020, 18:23   #2321

Boat: Custom 70’ pilot house

Hi,
I’m Ron and I would like to join the group.
I’m 53 yo, in Florida at the moment until the boat is ready to go (hopefully in the next 5-6 weeks, Neptune and virus permitting). My resume includes over 450,000nm sailing around the world but I would love to do it with a life partner.
Old 21-03-2020, 19:02   #2322
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Irwin 52

Hi,
I'm Jeff, I would like to join the group, my boat is on the hard now while I go back to NY to get house sold. I expect to finish projects and get boat back in water by December, to start cruising. I have worked on and cruised her for 10 years. I would love to find a partner to cruise with.
Old 21-03-2020, 19:44   #2323

Atraxia i do not have your request. please punch the linky in my signature for this..nice boat, btw.....
jharding please find my pm to you!
so much excitement i cannot contain myself in this age of social isolation.
and i just learned my favorite restaurant will deliver to my boat.. ok life rocks.. lets have fun
Old 21-03-2020, 21:04   #2324

Boat: None yet

Zeehag, I just love your zest for life!
I've just spent the last few hours reading several years' worth of posts on this thread and I have to say there are some interesting folks here.
If I may, I'd like the opportunity to join.
I never know really what to say about myself, so I'll just give the basics as a starter, but feel free to ask questions to find out more.
I'm a teacher of English as a second language and have had the wonderful opportunity to travel to many places, including all over Europe where I lived and travelled in a small camper van for 2 years while teaching online. It was not easy travelling as a single female, not because I didn't feel safe, but more because it would have been nicer to share the experiences and exploration with someone of similar interests.
For 6 months I lived on the eastern Italian coast where I saw the Adriatic Sea in every colour and weather, and I couldn't get enough, but circumstances changed and I had to leave.
Currently I'm landlocked in central Canada and the ocean is calling my name.
Despite the desperately little time I've ever spent on a sailboat, and that with a skipper who appeared not to be particularly confident of his skills or of the boat's abilities, that small taste of sailing reinforced my desire to take up sailing.
Old 21-03-2020, 22:09   #2325
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Irwin 52

my relationship status is single
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle