Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2011, 19:00   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
SSSSM - Part Deux

The last thread was closed and I am the torch bearer. We have become a substantial group and I hope that we can get all, or most, of the singles posting. So please don't be shy. Please don't make a personal blog of yourself. Hopefully more than the standard 10 will participate often. We have the same aspirations as Ocean Girl otherwise we wouldn't be here, right? OG founded us on this;

This group is for those who have the dream, but not the mate.
Singles Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a group for those who are looking for a long term relationship, life partner, or a soul mate to share their sailing/boating adventures. Whether it's chugging up the Mississippi in a beautiful trawler, sailing around the bay or around the world, it's living the dream and having someone to share it with. If you don’t have that mate, Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates is a great place to start.

To be a part of this group:
Simply write a short bio and summary of what you are looking for in a mate. Be sure to end with an invite to your profile where you can expand further if you like. This will be posted for all to view within the Cruising Forum community. This Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates Group will be strictly a place to post single sailor biographies. Any social commentaries will need to be posted in the Cruisers Forum.

If a more party-like atmosphere, with casual dating, is your speed – good on you. But that is not why this group was created.

It worked well for her. Let's make it work for us.

Ready, begin.
Old 17-06-2011, 19:11   #2

Re: SSSSM duex

Alright, I just wish to say that being the torch bearer, it's only fair that it be my turn next Perhaps I'll make it a contest, but I warn you I have a nice man in my sights
Old 18-06-2011, 13:09   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

lucky gurl-- mebbe-- depends on how nice-- goodluck--i am still footloose and fancy free...so we cant do here what we did in last attempt at whatever?? was fun in htat thread until we got shut down.. easier to get to know folks well enough to see if wanna meet ...
Old 19-06-2011, 01:41   #4

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

I don't qualify to participate, but I can say good luck with it.

Edit: and bump the thread in an earlier time zone.
Old 20-06-2011, 17:07   #5

So, reading this article today I have to wonder if us sailing girls should ignore sailing guys with the fancy boats, if we eventually want serious commitment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/hea...803579?SThisEM
Old 20-06-2011, 20:59   #6

kinda confirms that which i encountered .... fancy cars, fancy boats-- what is difference---none, actually--is a way of showing off that material stuff one HAS rather than being able to spend any time or effort in relating with other individuals....very shallow in their personalities, and with superficial and shallow being operative words--isnt conducive to long term relating.
Old 20-06-2011, 21:01   #7
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

oops better this monkey cancel his Beneteau Oceanis 46 order
Old 20-06-2011, 21:03   #8

smb--just dull it up a lil..LOL
Old 20-06-2011, 21:11   #9
cruiser

ROFL!!
Old 20-06-2011, 21:25   #10

monkey thinks i jest...LOL
Old 21-06-2011, 00:01   #11

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
kinda confirms that which i encountered .... fancy cars, fancy boats-- what is difference---none, actually--is a way of showing off that material stuff one HAS rather than being able to spend any time or effort in relating with other individuals....very shallow in their personalities, and with superficial and shallow being operative words--isnt conducive to long term relating.
I'll try not to piss you off Zee, but give me a break!
So folks with fancey cars and fancey boats ONLY have them to show off.
Your boat is pretty fancy compared to many.??

Have you ever driven a really nice car?
Do you understand what that means as far as driver comfort, reliability, safety is concerned..

I really get offended with these type of generalizations.
Old 21-06-2011, 07:32   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by James S View Post
I'll try not to piss you off Zee, but give me a break!
So folks with fancey cars and fancey boats ONLY have them to show off.
Your boat is pretty fancy compared to many.??

Have you ever driven a really nice car?
Do you understand what that means as far as driver comfort, reliability, safety is concerned..

I really get offended with these type of generalizations.
i was into fast and sporty cars, racing, nd formula -1 circuit working for many years and i had cars--i LOVE cars-- many of the men with these cars are as i described--yes i had a 1984 datsun 300 zx turbo, 50th anniversary edition--i LOVE driving fast and beautiful cars-- but i am not in th e superficial category i was seeing in lost angeles--lol remember w e have beverly hills there with the superficiality and bs involved in alladat---i realize there ARE guys with hot and fancy cars who have personalities and substance-- but i didnt meet many of those in my travels in racing and love of cars...i think i can count them on one hand. if you are one of those good guys, i will be abl to count on 2 hands now..LOL...
.if you were to LOOK at my boat, isnt fancy--is 100 ft boat-- awesome from 100 ft, and rough as bad penny up close. i love her and actually SAIL her... is why she is rough....
james--i am sorry to have offended you, but i was merely speaking observations i have made from my own experiences--
there is NOTHING like putting a baby toe on the gas pedal and not pushing hard and having the car ZOOM so fast--woooot!--LOVED my anniversary edition...and i had a buick gs 455 stage I -- was awesme car--not reliable but definitely an attention getter..LOL--FAST-- got the attention of all the panda cars from san jose to oakland for a coupla years....
i sold the anniversary edition to sail in caribean for one month....2008, december....i think was worth it....
Old 21-06-2011, 08:40   #13
cruiser

Monkey had a MG Midget...and wore driving gloves...and had a roll bar and CB radio...so Monkey shows off car and monkey!! YAYAYA! Now monkey cancelled his Beneteau order and will by a MacGregor 26 to pick up anti-chics.
Old 21-06-2011, 10:42   #14

smb--you make me laugh soooo hard!!!!! anti chics..LOL....ye know i still have an ericson 35 for sale in sd.....isnt a lot of money and no t a lot to finish her for cruising...and she isnt shiney!!!!!..is FAST!!!!! LOL--kinda like a stretch mg without water ballast....and there are 153 boats for sale in this area.......
Old 21-06-2011, 10:51   #15

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks Zee...we're good
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle