Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2019, 07:34   #2281

Boat: 1979 Acapulco 40
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Welcome Can can,
This can be a hard topic to find sometimes but I’m glad you found it. I’d love to hear your plans for reacquainting yourself with the sea . Cheers and Fairwinds
Old 16-07-2019, 09:32   #2282

Send a message via Skype™ to PADISail
Thumbs up Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hi CC,

Welcome to the group !
You kept it between the 'Navigational Beacons' nicely...
As JB would say

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCan View Post
Hello all, well I successfully navigated my way to this ‘part deux’ page. I’m looking forward to joining the group and hopefully chatting with you.

I’m a single female sailor looking to join in again and once again feel that breeze.
Old 16-07-2019, 17:33   #2283
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCan View Post
Hello all, well I successfully navigated my way to this ‘part deux’ page. I’m looking forward to joining the group and hopefully chatting with you.

I’m a single female sailor looking to join in again and once again feel that breeze.
please tell us about you. i havent anything for vetting you into group and we would love to know who it is with whom we are communicating!. thankyou
Old 16-07-2019, 17:50   #2284

Boat: 1979 Acapulco 40

Yes, by all means let’s vet Can Can carefully to make sure she’s worthy of this all but dormant single sailors thread. 😂😂😂
Old 17-07-2019, 00:02   #2285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassdog View Post
Welcome Can can,
This can be a hard topic to find sometimes but I’m glad you found it. I’d love to hear your plans for reacquainting yourself with the sea . Cheers and Fairwinds
Hi Glassdog, well I’m never too far away from the sea. Racing tonight and tomorrow night. As for forward plans, I used to co- own my own cruiser but my current situation sees me land Lubbing for some time. I’m now thinking about reaching out and making new friends.
Old 17-07-2019, 00:09   #2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
please tell us about you. i havent anything for vetting you into group and we would love to know who it is with whom we are communicating!. thankyou
Hi, you’ve caught me as I’m so gingerly dipping my toe in I haven’t said very much.☺️ I actively race (both dinghy and cruiser). My situation sees me landlocked for a while (other than racing) and I’m reaching out to make new friends and see where that takes me.

I love to cruise and snorkel from the boat. I follow Ocean races with keen interest (not for me though, I’m a born and bred crew but not qualified).

Hope this is enough.

CanCan (it’s a play on sailing round the cans and being better than CantCant) ��
Old 17-07-2019, 10:43   #2287

Send a message via Skype™ to PADISail

Just want to make it clear...
The "JB" stands for 'Jimmy Buffet', not 'Jim Beam'...
'Cuz Jim Beam says, "ahh hell, just run over the buoy..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADISail View Post
Hi CC,

Welcome to the group !
You kept it between the 'Navigational Beacons' nicely...
As JB would say
Old 17-07-2019, 10:49   #2288

jim beam -- jimmy buffet--is there a difference, truly???? oh yes jimmy buffet is a great tequila salesman as he sings about margaritas hahahahaha

and tekeelya says--hell. what buoy.. just go.......
Old 20-08-2019, 14:25   #2289

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptWho

Hi everyone, just introducing myself to the group. I'm a 63yo guy who's temporarily 'docked' outside of Phoenix Arizona but looking to purchase a liveaboard cruising sailboat within the year. I've had a few sailboats in the past 20 or so years. My first was a 22' O'Day on a lake in Wisconsin, followed by a 28.5 Hunter in Florida and lastly a 38' Seafarer Ketch. I spent a number of years in Fort Myers Beach and sailed up and down the Gulf Coast, making it to Key West a number of times. No bluewater sailing experience yet, but planning on remedying that.
Old 20-08-2019, 18:22   #2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptWho View Post
Hi everyone, just introducing myself to the group. I'm a 63yo guy who's temporarily 'docked' outside of Phoenix Arizona but looking to purchase a liveaboard cruising sailboat within the year. I've had a few sailboats in the past 20 or so years. My first was a 22' O'Day on a lake in Wisconsin, followed by a 28.5 Hunter in Florida and lastly a 38' Seafarer Ketch. I spent a number of years in Fort Myers Beach and sailed up and down the Gulf Coast, making it to Key West a number of times. No bluewater sailing experience yet, but planning on remedying that.
hallooooplease resubmit your request as my typo fingers goofed when ditching a bot.. thankyou i will admit you as you have met the requirements
thankyou for your interest and once i see your name in the requests once again i will admit you. thankyou
btw ft myers beach a had decent pizza when i was there--seems there were two italian old guys making real ones . damn good pizza. they were about 900000 years old when i was there threatening retirement. i presume they retired by now.... but was awesome good pizza
Old 13-10-2019, 22:33   #2291

Boat: Passport 40

Hi,

I am a single, fairly attractive, insightful fellow in the Pacific North West US who is looking for a life partner to experience the natural and cultural wonders that are allowed by a life aboard. I am strong and in good shape with a deeply rooted love of sailing.

Let's take some time to get to know each other and sail together.

Ideally, I envision our lives will inter-dependently connect as we rely on each other to manifest the wonders and discoveries in our lives. I would like a partner with similar aspirations and predilections as my own; a good communicator, well educated, and a strong commitment to the ecologies in which we live.

If you would like to explore possibilities and fit further, let’s!

My profile is Swept_Away:

Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: Wind_Swept

I look forward to hearing from you,
Mark
Old 14-10-2019, 11:28   #2292

welcome mark to our lil group of like minded souls...
do you have tentative plans as yet?
Old 14-10-2019, 13:01   #2293

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
welcome mark to our lil group of like minded souls...
do you have tentative plans as yet?

Looks like you have fun and adventure! Tentative plans... well this week its how to reassemble the mast... lot's of parts and soon the rains will be here in Southern Oregon. Plans for getting it out for a sail are mid-Spring - either sail it down to Monterey area or up around Vancouver Island. It depends on boat reassembly rate, where home base will be, and who is interested and has time off. The Vancouver isl. trip is 3-4 weeks, which may be a bit much for most.

How about you, where do you hibernate in the Winter?

mark
Old 14-10-2019, 13:04   #2294

down here we hibernate in summer, but at present i am in temporary state or semi-perma-hibernation due to refitting boat...
yup we putting a wood mizzen mast back together after a patriciacane crack.
i prefer further south but am in mazatlan which can be considered the bottom /outflow of soc into pacific ocean, or beginning of pacific after soc.... depends on your viewpoint.
oh yes we have lovely pleasant winters. high season with tourists and everything. even tacos.. hahahahaha
Old 14-10-2019, 13:11   #2295

I remember San Diego well, waiting for a freak southern storm to get us out of the doldrums and up to the Channel Islands. I was thinking that Yelapa Mexico (sp?) might be fun if the natives are friendly.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle