Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2021, 16:40   #28

Re: Liveaboard around Vancouver without a slip

Hey there all!!

Been reading through here and getting some really good info.
Thank you to everyone who has asked questions and those who have taken the time to answer.

So basically, unless I want to wait years for a liveaboard slip, if I learn and am confident enough there should be no issue with just anchoring or hooking up to a mooring buoy and coming ashore at temp docking/with a dingy to do things like grocery shop or visit the laundry etc yes?

I'm actually not interested in a sailboat but have decided a trawler is a better fit for me. From the research I have done, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference when it comes to things like anchoring etc. If I am wrong here, please let me know!

My dream is still a couple of years out but the goal will be to venture down the west coast BC to Baja. Does anyone else do that?
TerraNovaVS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vancouver, liveaboard