Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2023, 16:45   #91

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
Don't they all? It gets worse as they age.
So far, I would agree with you. I seem to attract all the most mentally ill people. And that’s who I end up with all the time. I’m being careful this time.

As far as my personal data goes, yes. They are all absolutely bonkers.
Old 04-01-2023, 16:53   #92
CLOD

Boat: none

this thread just cracks me up.

I would guess that you would allow her on the boat no matter what
Old 04-01-2023, 17:08   #93
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

Well, this thread sure beats the usual stew of what works or not, which type of boat, blah, blah, blah...

Some sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to explain what really lurks on a lot of sailors mind.....
Old 04-01-2023, 17:11   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoleo View Post
POLL: How many pro pot sailors here would be OK taking off as a passenger in any airplane when they knew the pilot was stoned on pot??? Answers please.
I do not think this is what the Op was asking. I know, it's easy to get off topic.

I , wrongly, focused on the fact that were this girl who suffers from mental illness and exists in a drug induced stupor not very pretty she would be relegated to the scrap heap of society and not be "entertained" by the OP, and be denied much happiness.

As the old adage goes "please bossman...plenty yellum...no hitum" My bad, very sorry.

I think what the OP was asking, and I paraphrase here, "should he risk a possible unhappy encounter with the authorities in order to "entertain" a very pretty drug addled girl with mental issues to bring her much happiness'??

I ask you...who with good conscious could say no?
Old 04-01-2023, 17:11   #95

Boat: 44' Custom Aluminum Cutter, & Pearson 30

This has been the best laugh I have seen in a long time.

From a realistic view in Northern California who cares the smell is around most marinas. The non-smoke choices here are many, from gummies, cookies, drips from a dropper, all unnoticeable, and can be quite potent. People say the smoke has a more predictable onset but also with some practice the non-smoke can be very predictable.
I would say keep it all in a container that leaves no residue around your boat and go have fun, whatever form that fun may be. or

I teach shop in a High School, I see students stoned and yes they can shut it off ( not use it ) they need to be serious. I don't buy the total addiction thing. If anything it can be a mental addiction not a physical one.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:07   #96
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Funny how everyone assumes the woman is 'drug addled'.
Back in the early 80's I knew a very nice lady who suffered from MS.. she could not get a decent night's sleep as the in voluntary spasms would jerk her awake and she would be exhausted the next day..
She was a non smoker and did not really approve of my social toking but tolerated it as she liked me as a friend.
Tried taking her out sailing to relax her in the hope that may help.. No such luck, relax a bit yes, sleep no.
One day I turned up with an apple crumble I had made to go as dessert for the meal she had made, the next day when I called round she was in a great mood, could not understand why but had had the best sleep in years..
I then told her my crumble recipe, apple stewed with sugar and cloves laid in a bowl and sprinkled with ground Lebanese Gold, topped with the crumble and baked for 20 minutes..
She became a crumble lover.. but definitely not drug addled else she'd never held down her job at the Town Hall.
Not everything/one is a Trainspotting train crash..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:11   #97

Quote:
Do you toke before you take your sunshots?
I've been known to on occasion, yes.

I've done a lot of drugs in my life. Like ... a lot. And some pretty hard stuff, too. I'm not proud of that, it's just a fact. I've also quit a lot of stuff. For many years I was completely sober - no alcohol or drugs of any kind. And I didn't miss any of it. My life hasn't been perfect (whose is?), and I'm sure that is one reason for my drug and alcohol use over the years. But I never let any of that affect my relationships, work or any other commitments I have made.

I do think that some people have "addictive personalities" and can get mentally addicted to just about anything. But being mentally addicted to something is not the same as being physically addicted. I've met a lot of pot-heads and I can't say I've ever met anyone who was actually addicted to weed - mentally or physically. I've met plenty of people who smoke constantly and who get irritable when they don't. I've also met a few people who were addicted to hardcore drugs. Some of them are dead now, and I'm sure the others aren't doing too well.

It has been my experience that drugs of any kind affect each person differently. I know some people who have to limit their caffeine intake so they don't develop anxiety. I didn't drink any alcohol for almost the entire two decades I was in a rock band, playing at bars every week. That's partly because I know I can't play well when I've been drinking. Hell, I can't do a lot of things well when I've been drinking. The rest of the band didn't seem to have any problem. Except that one time when the bass player got so hammered that he was playing different songs than the rest of us.

Point is: you've got to know your own limits. Personally, I find that a little weed now and then helps me relax and concentrate. I was probably a little stoned the entire time I was creating my celnav spreadsheet, PS plotting sheets and my website. I didn't need to be, but it certainly didn't hurt.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:27   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoastJoe View Post
This has been the best laugh I have seen in a long time.

From a realistic view in Northern California who cares the smell is around most marinas. The non-smoke choices here are many, from gummies, cookies, drips from a dropper, all unnoticeable, and can be quite potent. People say the smoke has a more predictable onset but also with some practice the non-smoke can be very predictable.
I would say keep it all in a container that leaves no residue around your boat and go have fun, whatever form that fun may be. or

I teach shop in a High School, I see students stoned and yes they can shut it off ( not use it ) they need to be serious. I don't buy the total addiction thing. If anything it can be a mental addiction not a physical one.
Trust me-its also physical too -dont ask how I know.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:29   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHughV View Post
In the 35 year or so of bopping around the oceans, I can't say I ever came across a stoner boat, or even met anyone smoking weed.
Seems like rum was the drug of choice for most sailors.
pROBABLY CAUSE YOU LOOK VERY UNHIP.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:30   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Yes she’s far from drug addled.

It’s more like what you said a little earlier. With the woman with MS. It seems to just suppress some of the bad feelings that she has that creep out otherwise. The weed gets kind of used up in suppressing depression and what not. Leaving her to function normally instead of having a lot of issues.

And the great news is I’m the one getting taken advantage of. Ha ha ha.
iF SHE COMES FORGET ABOUT GETTING BOAT THINGS DONE. LOL
Old 04-01-2023, 18:43   #101

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
iF SHE COMES FORGET ABOUT GETTING BOAT THINGS DONE. LOL
That’s the idea! Lol

Once the mast is up I am trying the boat out.

No boat work for that week. Vacation week.
Old 04-01-2023, 18:58   #102

Why is this woman generally mentioned as a girl? Wishful thinking perhaps?
Old 04-01-2023, 19:01   #103

Face it- pot is another crutch from the real world. Another escape.
Old 04-01-2023, 19:12   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Yup. That’s what I said.

The only thing you don’t really follow is how things work in our modern world. Weed has replaced alcohol.
Really? I dont see many bars closing and straight 100 proof alcohol infused fruity drinks are everywhere.
Old 04-01-2023, 19:13   #105
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

It's been used for thousands of years in one form or another.. Maharashtra warriors used to take it before going into battle and they were the most feared by Arungzebs troops.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat