Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2013, 11:50   #151

News flash...fish pee in marinas....Having a few more gallons in a marina from boater doesn't bother me.
Greggegner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 12:49   #152
cruiser

Re: Dump Airhead urine in galley sink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
And yet it is fact that there are more bacteria in the gally rag/sponge than in the urine jug.

Sacred cows and all.............
If you feel this way, fine.... The next time you're out eating in a nice restaurant, be sure to first use their public restroom urinal to wash your hands prior to dining.

I don't have any issues with anyone dumping human pee in the ocean; but I do however, take issue with pee being poured into a galley sink where hands, dishes and utensils are washed and food is prepared. That's just gross, no matter how you look at it.

Again, I'm not being judgemental here.... to each their own.... but I do find it rather hard to believe that there are so many posts on this thread debating the merits of dumping gallons of pee into the kitchen sink, and find it alarming that so many agree with the practice of doing so.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:00   #153

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Maybe if you dove the bottoms of most marinas, you'll see for yourself that not many creatures are alive or thriving besides crabs and eels like fish. Rocks are covered with "slime"; where do you think it came from? Mauritz
Teknav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:07   #154

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Kenomac...there are a few people who still do not understand what is the big deal about any of this; ignorance is bliss, indeed! (Hospitals exist because people violate the laws of physics and undermine their hygiene.) Mauritz
Teknav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:11   #155

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post

If you feel this way, fine.... The next time you're out eating in a nice restaurant, be sure to first use their public restroom urinal to wash your hands prior to dining.

I don't have any issues with anyone dumping human pee in the ocean; but I do however, take issue with pee being poured into a galley sink where hands, dishes and utensils are washed and food is prepared. That's just gross, no matter how you look at it.
Totally agree. I don't see how you can justify urinating in the galley sink...
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:43   #156

Boat: Beneteau First 42

What I fail to understand is why, if the OP is in a marina, he wouldn't simply use the marina's lavatories? Geeze, how hard/complicated is that? Offshore is one thing, but in a marina? How 'bout a little consideration for others, eh?
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:50   #157
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDabs View Post

Totally agree. I don't see how you can justify urinating in the galley sink...
It's part of the "roughing it" cult on CF, i.e. if you're not roughing it enough then you're not macho enough to be on a boat. Eat cold beans straight from a can, do without fridge, pee in the sink, spend less than $50 a month, it's all part of that.

There's some, who have been spoiled during their land-based period and they have fridge, freezer, stove, oven, microwave, hifi, Apple computers and, here it comes, toilets that are used to get rid of your pee and poop instead of you needing to take it out of them (!?). How backwards some can have understood the principle of a toilet; soon we'll see them cooking their garbage!

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:59   #158

Don't get me wrong, I can "rough it" with the best of them, but urinating in the galley sink when there is a useable head on board just doesn't make sense. Why not just urinate overboard to begin with? Why would you want to "sh*t where you eat?"
Old 23-02-2013, 14:04   #159

Boat: sabre 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
One solution I'm considering is to simply dump the urine down the galley sink (eliminated head sink) and flush with a little water. Sounds pretty disgusting I know, but whenever Leslie is not on the boat to protest it may be the perfect solution. You are all invited to breakfast on my boat by the way.

Dump it down a cockpit drain. Congrads on the airhead, much better than dealing w/ pumpouts
misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:07   #160

Boat: Anderson 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
That's just gross, no matter how you look at it.
All in all, although I see it gross too, perception is what makes it tabu.
Folks, urine is sterile, same are tear drops, safer to drink then any tap water. Any nurse can confirm that. Girls, please do!
Old 23-02-2013, 14:08   #161

Boat: Ohlson 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
What I fail to understand is why, if the OP is in a marina, he wouldn't simply use the marina's lavatories? Geeze, how hard/complicated is that? Offshore is one thing, but in a marina? How 'bout a little consideration for others, eh?
I'm the OP and I have no intention of staying in any marina on a regular basis.
I can see a couple of situations where dumping the urine in marina waters would be justified (in my mind anyway).

1) It's a dark and stormy night and my urine jug is full. Sorry, but Im not getting dressed in foulies just to take a piss.

2) I've thrown my back out again.

3) I'm sick from flu

4) it's the wee hours of the morning and I've got to go now!
virginia boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:09   #162

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I can "rough it" with the best of them, but urinating in the galley sink when there is a useable head on board just doesn't make sense. Why not just urinate overboard to begin with? Why would you want to "sh*t where you eat?"
Believe me, I'm in the spoiled gang and am more of the "roughing it smoothly" kind, but as I understand it, peeing overboard isn't as "bad-ass" as in the sink.

I find the whole composting toilet anti bad-ass, more for tree-huggers I thought, but I guess the roughing-it crowd compensates by dumping contents in the environment just like the good old flush overboard toilets.

Logic not much, there is!

Old 23-02-2013, 14:12   #163

Boat: Custom Marples 40 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Is it just me? I read this as "Pooped onto this thread..."

Too funny!!! Now we are back on track!!!

w32honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:20   #164

What if you just pissed in your fridge, let it freeze, and then threw it overboard so it just floated, that way you'd be achieving "badass" status by pissing where you're not supposed to, and bottom cleaners such as the guy in this thread could see the iceberg of piss heading towards them and take evasive action. Win win!
Old 23-02-2013, 14:25   #165

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
What if you just pissed in your fridge, let it freeze, and then threw it overboard so it just floated, that way you'd be achieving "badass" status by pissing where you're not supposed to, and bottom cleaners such as the guy in this thread could see the iceberg of piss heading towards them and take evasive action. Win win!
Indeed. Geeks could even put an AIS beacon on it so that it can be tracked on the plotter!

Tags
galley