Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2018, 16:04   #1

Boat: Lagoon 570
Can you recommend a freight forwarding company

I would like to forward some items originating in the US to my boat in Croatia. Some items will be personal items but I want to purchase and ship over a water maker as well. I understand there are several companies in Florida that do this as part of a partial container but I am hoping that someone with experience will recommend or suggest a supplier. Thanks for your help!
Timreyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:10   #2

Re: Can you recommend a freight forwarding company

did you actually move to croatia?
Maddysonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:42   #3

Boat: Lagoon 570

We lived aboard our boat from April 1st until early October 2017. We had an annual contract with a marina near Split. We wanted to be able to stay longer than 90 days out of 180.
Timreyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:18   #4

Boat: BCC28 and a traditional Dutch sailing barge

I believe the freight designation is NVOCC, non-vessel owning common carrier. If you contact the port near where the shipment will leave from they can put you in touch with some. They consolidate shipments to fill a container, then have an associate break it out and arrange for delivery,. Sort of a non regulated group but they are efficient.

Air Freight has similar groups, and again, contact the management of closest international airport, they should be able to help.
Lemsteraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:28   #5

Ohhh man, Croatia.... I have been there back in 2012, I actually fell in love with that country. I liked everything about it, the people, the traditions, the nature and literally everything about it. I would really like to spend my old ages in Croatia. However I do not really think I could do that. So did you actually move in there? Do you like it living in there? I guess I will visit Croatia once again after the situation with the covid-19 gets solved. Maybe I should actually try and realize my dream and move in there.... I guess I will call for more, dedola.com as they are the best freight company I know.
AnemoneBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 19:50   #6

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timreyn View Post
I would like to forward some items originating in the US to my boat in Croatia. Some items will be personal items but I want to purchase and ship over a water maker as well. I understand there are several companies in Florida that do this as part of a partial container but I am hoping that someone with experience will recommend or suggest a supplier. Thanks for your help!
Hello, Tim,

We have only shipped out West through the Pacific. The re-shipper that we used is called "MY USA". All the packages (and some, they consolidated) arrived in a timely fashion. There is a small annual fee for joining. There are usually airport and customs fees associated, as well.

Ann

Tags
men