Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2022, 15:01   #76

Boat: '14 Greenline 33 Hybrid m/v
Re: They Lived In a Pandemic Bubble Now Covid Has Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsvmille View Post
No thanks.

I will take my self-evident freedom and unalienable rights. You can continue to pretend that an imaginary authority grants you newspeak "freedoms" that it can revoke at will from your base existence of slavery from your earthly masters should they not allow you more.

“Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for oneself the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice, and the exercise of choice, a man is not a man but a member, an instrument, a thing." - TJ

HooBoy, unlimited freedom represents one thing only: bondage to an unlimited ego, assuming an unlimited right to trample over the limited freedoms necessary for the existence of an organized society.
Old 13-02-2022, 15:29   #77
cruiser

Above all things I hope the education of the common people will be attended to; convinced that on their good sense we rely with the most security for the preservation of a due degree of liberty. —TJ
Old 13-02-2022, 15:53   #78

Boat: Beneteau First 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Thanks for saying what needs to be said.......

What is truly bizarre is that idiots are framing this as about "freedom". And these idiots are people who call themselves things like "conservative", "christian", "patriot", all labels that once implied social responsible behavior, caring for one's fellow man and one's country, when in fact they are behaving totally selfishly, putting others in danger, spreading disease and death in the name of personal liberty. The hospitals here are full, the US is approaching a million deaths directly from covid, and countless others because of people being afraid to go to the hospital or there not being room because the hospital is full of idiots. Virtually all the covid patients in hospitals now are unvaxxed, Of course we have the "right" to spread pestilence to all parts of the world unimpeded by vaccine passports and testing ;-)
My previous post got me to thinking and it took a while but I found some interesting and yet frightening data. The virus has spread very much everywhere on the planet. The speed it spread is frightening, from the first case in Chine in early December to reaching the last continent or region by the end of February. The virus arrived in South America, Sao Paulo Feb 26th 2020. Even the most isolated and restricted area, Antarctica has Covid. At first only three isolated South Pacific island nations were covid free. I had to modify that, the Cooke Islands now have covid. I am going to ignore the statements that North Korea and Turkmenistan ( think it was) as I don't trust their word. I won't state which are the last two as I don't want someone to go to include them in that global community.
So I guess it is true... Nothing goes to weather like a 747...
Old 13-02-2022, 16:28   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFoxy View Post
On purpose. Doesn’t want to admit to making choices that actively harm other people to avoid minor annoyances to himself.

But thinking that someone where ‘death’ is one of two options has a genuine and valid choice is just messed up. Think of all the other situations that can be applied to - crime victims, slaves, etc. etc. Anything bad is your fault because you could’ve chosen death instead!
Do you realize that the fear of getting and dying from covid is correlated to one's political views? The more liberal (left in US) the person is the higher the number they think covid is deadly. I believe it was up to around 50% at some point. And of course the reverse is true of the conservatives.

This is from the liberal leftist media.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...em/ar-BB1eJuQd

So enough of fear mongering. Other than minors and totally disabled (both physically and mentally disabled) each adult has the responsibility for their own health and well being first and foremost. Don't overeat, excersize, have enough sleep, take your meds ontime, spend time outside sunning up that vitamin D, etc, and your chances of dying from covid will go down significantly. And of course the reverse is true. Yet not a peep from the govt or the media regarding getting and staying healthy in addition to vaccines, quarantines, masks, distancing, etc.

PS Not an anti-vaxer, just anti-rushed not fully tested yet fully indemnified manufacturers-vaxer.
Old 13-02-2022, 16:39   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Away 3 View Post
Getting back to the these island nations, each and every one of them has the right to make their own rules regarding entry. They make rules to protect their way of life, the health, their resources as they alone see fit. If a passport or a visa is required then that is what you will present. If it is a vaccine passport, the same applies. If you feel that is too much a burden for your convenience, then sail on by. It is a privilege to be allowed to visit... It is not a right...
Places opening up are taking a risk that the infection visitors will bring will be manageable. None of them want to subject their citizens to the devastation, the decimation, that the American natives had when European's arrived.

On another note I would love to see the graphics on the spread of this disease and how it correlates to international trade and travel. It didn't show up everywhere at the same time by magic. It wasn't spread by the magic ether. People brought it from place to place until it pretty much covered the globe. I imagine there are still a few places that haven't seen covid yet. Imagine being on an idyllic island and having an arrogant pompous fool who insists that it to much an infringement to his personal freedoms to do something so simple to protect himself... Would you want someone so reckless, with such a potential to harm your friends, loved ones, citizens in to potentially harm them.

Maybe I am getting too callous but if you won't protect yourself with something so simple, you catch this disease and are dying from it, I will not show you any sympathy, I will laugh at your stupidity. A vaccine is not a superman's cape protecting and making you impervious, it is a bullet proof vest that offers a higher level of protection from that fatal shot...
Get vaccinated if you want, that is your right, It is not your right to prevent prevent others from getting the vaccine.

Will you say the same words to a 400lbs constantly overeating person dying from diabetes or coronary disease? Or a lifelong smoker or a fiberglass lay up worker dying from lung cancer? Small aircraft pilots, parachute jumpers and bikers having about 10% over their lifetimes of dying during those activities? Far greater than the chance to die crom covid, even at its worst iteration.

All of those conditions and/or causes well known for at least 60+ years yet people continue to put themselves at risk for basically nothing. Yet someone who may have a severe allergy reaction or a valid religious objection to a shot is somehow worst of the worst.
Old 13-02-2022, 16:40   #81
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
Do you realize that the fear of getting and dying from covid is correlated to one's political views? The more liberal (left in US) the person is the higher the number they think covid is deadly. I believe it was up to around 50% at some point. And of course the reverse is true of the conservatives.

This is from the liberal leftist media.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...em/ar-BB1eJuQd

So enough of fear mongering. Other than minors and totally disabled (both physically and mentally disables) each adult has the responsibility for their own health and well being first and foremost. Don't overeat, excersize, have enough sleep, take your meds ontime, spend time outside sunning up that vitamin D, etc, and your chances of dying from covid will go down significantly. And of course the reverse is true. Yet not a peep from the govt or the media regarding getting and staying healthy in addition to vaccines, quarantines, masks, distancing, etc.

PS Not an anti-vaxer, just anti-rushed not fully tested yet fully indemnified manufacturers-vaxer.

And yet the five most obese US states are all red states. Also the top five most poorly educated. Also the top five states with the fewest hospital beds per capita. All red states. You can look it up. Took me five minutes with the googles.
Old 13-02-2022, 16:45   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsvmille View Post
I am astounded how much some people hate freedom. You always have the choice to lock yourselves up but don't try to drag the rest of us into your psychosis.
Bingo!

And as a cherry on top - where are the lefties to support the workers a/k/a the Canadian truckers? Quite the opposite, the left and far left shrill for the big corporations, the big media and the big brother gov't. How ironic the society's mind (or the lack thereof) turned around in a mere 100 years. George Orwell must be spinning like crazy in his grave.
Old 13-02-2022, 16:58   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeworth View Post
And yet the five most obese US states are all red states. Also the top five most poorly educated. Also the top five states with the fewest hospital beds per capita. All red states. You can look it up. Took me five minutes with the googles.
But that is their choice. When they vote for politicians who decide the expenditures in those areas. Same with abortion, crime, etc. Or would you rather compel them by force "to do good" or what you believe is "the right thing"?

Not very different when a newbie cruiser decides to shake off all advice of the old salts from CF and casts off into the bluewater yonder. Some even die doing that but many (most?) somehow survive and become "seasoned salts" as a result. Yet very few civilized nations penalize these newbies for calling SOS whilst not being truly ready for offshore.
Old 13-02-2022, 17:17   #84
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
But that is their choice. When they vote for politicians who decide the expenditures in those areas. Same with abortion, crime, etc. Or would you rather compel them by force "to do good" or what you believe is "the right thing"?

Not very different when a newbie cruiser decides to shake off all advice of the old salts from CF and casts off into the bluewater yonder. Some even die doing that but many (most?) somehow survive and become "seasoned salts" as a result. Yet very few civilized nations penalize these newbies for calling SOS whilst not being truly ready for offshore.

Top five states that take more federal funds then they pay in federal taxes are all red as well. So their poor decision making is affecting us all.

If all the consequences of their poor choices fell solely on them, no one would care.

But that isn’t what happens. When they fail to educate their children, when they fail to vaccinate their population, when they fail to promote physical fitness — all to protect “ma freedumbs” — the whole country pays the price. These people are being selfish. And they vote for leaders who reflect those same selfish values.

At the federal and societal level they are net takers. They happily avail themselves of the community resources without accepting their share of the responsibility. It really is as simple as that.
Old 13-02-2022, 17:21   #85

Boat: Westerly Sealord

What do any of the last 9 posts - and some prior to them - have to do with Tonga or Sailing?
ASFA
Take it elsewhere people.
Old 13-02-2022, 17:29   #86
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
What do any of the last 9 posts - and some prior to them - have to do with Tonga or Sailing?
ASFA

Of course you are right. My apologies.
Old 13-02-2022, 17:49   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
ASFA
Please re-read in this thread why Tonga people are more susceptible to covid. And you will see the connection.
Old 13-02-2022, 17:55   #88

If you are anti-vax and anti-mask then logically you are pro-disease.
Old 13-02-2022, 18:07   #89

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwin View Post
I would like to add that by the same logic, if you keep pets or work with animals you are also pro-disease.
Old 13-02-2022, 18:11   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwin View Post
I am not anti-vax nor am I anti-mask. I am anti-forcing people to vax or to wear masks. I do flu vax each season for the past 10-12 years and don't mind wearing masks among the covid vulnerable people (elderly, obese, sick, etc).

When covid vax will have its 5-10 years of customary testing process AND its manufacturers will stop being indemnified for any of its negative consequences I will gladly get it as I annualy get the tested flu vax.