Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2022, 18:13   #91

Re: They Lived In a Pandemic Bubble Now Covid Has Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandepagnier View Post
I would like to add that by the same logic, if you keep pets or work with animals you are also pro-disease.
Or have unprotected sex with anyone, including one's monogamous partner.
Old 13-02-2022, 18:36   #92

Boat: Amel 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwin View Post
If you are anti-vax and anti-mask then logically you are pro-disease.
Quote:
I would like to add that by the same logic, if you keep pets or work with animals you are also pro-disease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
Or have unprotected sex with anyone, including one's monogamous partner.
Pure gold, haha.
Old 13-02-2022, 20:12   #93

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

I would like to add that anyone who travels, such as cruising, but especially air travel is also pro-virus. So this site is dedicated to pro-virus behavior.
Old 13-02-2022, 20:22   #94

Exactly true. Which is why I have delivered precisely no yachts since early 2020. And earned no money. Because that would be insanely stupid.
Old 13-02-2022, 21:07   #95

Quote:
I would like to add that anyone who travels, such as cruising, but especially air travel is also pro-virus. So this site is dedicated to pro-virus behavior.

Ain't that the truth.
Old 13-02-2022, 22:19   #96

Boat: '14 Greenline 33 Hybrid m/v

Originally Posted by seandepagnier

Quote:
Ain't that the truth.
Of course all of these activities have been vastly reduced past 2 years - clearly because of Covid, ergo anti-virus.

My daughter and her husband would be retired and aboard their S&S Swan 41 now, if not quarantined and in a cyclone pit on Fiji going on 2 years. Anti-virus for sure.
Old 13-02-2022, 23:29   #97

Boat: '14 Greenline 33 Hybrid m/v

Quote:
I am not anti-vax nor am I anti-mask. I am anti-forcing people to vax or to wear masks. I do flu vax each season for the past 10-12 years and don't mind wearing masks among the covid vulnerable people (elderly, obese, sick, etc).

When covid vax will have its 5-10 years of customary testing process AND its manufacturers will stop being indemnified for any of its negative consequences I will gladly get it as I annualy get the tested flu vax.
Well, with Salk's polio vaccine in '55 the Gov'mint waited just months to approve it after it was was shown dramatically effective in preventing paralytic polio. I remember the "iron lungs" of the 50's for those severely affected, and frequent sighting of partially paralyzed children, including a 1st cousin afflicted in the late 40's, and left with a useless right arm and shoulder - one of the lucky ones. Before the vaccine, about 40,000 cases yearly, tapering down to non-existant after the vax..

So 200-400,000 more preventable polio cases obviously wouldn't have bothered you much back then if you want no vaccine with less than 5-10 years released, and probably several million preventable Covid deaths?

Unvax'd, you will likely get Covid and spread it before you even know it. - at 6X the chance of an infection in a vax'd and boosted person; 11X the chance of hospitalization if you get it; and 22X the chance of dying from it if hospitalized, from recent CA state statistics sorted by vax. status. Two jabs, but un-boosted still much lower incidence of the above outcomes than non-vax'd, across the board.

If I were still in medical practice I'd refuse to see new patients until fully vax'd and boosted - way too much risk to me and my staff, my many multi-compromised patients, my family and loved ones.
Old 14-02-2022, 01:12   #98

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyWoodsPete View Post

Unvax'd, you will likely get Covid and spread it before you even know it. - at
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not true that you will likely (more likely than not) get Covid and spread it regardless of vaccination status? This is evident in that it spreads regardless of if the population is vaccinated or not.

I don't think it is reasonable to compare covid to polio. For one thing, covid is spreading through the animals, not only humans. For example, 30% of deer sampled in iowa had covid antibodies. Considering the wide variety of animals covid can spread among vs polio can only exist in humans makes vaccines a viable option to control this virus. Do you really think we can vaccinate all the animals?

For another thing, covid is airborne. So far no airborne virus can be controlled with vaccines.

For another thing, it is appalling that air travel is allowed to begin with considering that only 7% of people do 95% of flying and the emissions of one flight exceed what I produce in an entire year. It is a further disgrace that any air travel (and other forms of long-distance travel) is allowed at all while at the same time vaccines are mandated in various forms, and further evidence of the vaccine efficacy waning quickly over time, yet the outdated vaccine status still accepted leads to one obvious conclusion: the vaccine passport is not so much about protecting people but about filtering non-compliant people.

It may well be that the vaccine saves costs in hospitals, but so would reducing speed limits. So would a vegan diet, and many others. The over-use of antibiotics has obvious negative effects. It is not so far-fetched to suggest the future could hold bold new vaccine resistant viruses as well. antibody dependent enhancement is one of a multiple of potential issues.

I could go on for pages, but suffice to say, I have not traveled this entire time more than 20 miles and do not interact with others most days, besides going to buy food. Perhaps I should mail order everything I eat. Most of the self righteous vaccinated do far more to spread the virus simply by interacting with other people on a daily basis.

Finally, it ends up down to opinion as there is no universal right or wrong. There is no way to prove an opinion to someone who takes it as a belief.

Opinion that the earth is flat.

Opinion that humans should not be genetically adapted to require c-section birth, antibiotics, or vaccines to survive.

Opinion that civil disobedience is the foundation of civilization.

Opinion that there are plenty of people as evidently even in countries <1% vaccinated the population continues to rise.

Opinion that the death rate of covid is marginal and not worth so much concern (< 0.1%) when in the near future billions will perish from climate change. Far more die prematurely from obesity yet supermarkets continue to incorporate processed sugar into nearly every item.

Opinion that the people in power (elderly) are most vulnerable to covid, least likely to suffer long-term consequences of any vaccine and have been incredibly selfish over their lifetimes with excessive resource usage and their wish to live a few more years is more of an explanation for the government covid reaction than actual threat to the survival of humanity. This coupled with the fact that the older one gets (in developed countries) the more pollution one causes, in nearly a linear fashion (80 year old cause 4x the emission of 20 year old) leaves an obvious question: would the rest of us be better off without them?

Opinion that the oil reserves could have provided extremely useful synthetic materials such as sails and rope for tens of thousands of years, but instead were wasted in combustion engines especially when most of this use is for convenience and not even essential in any way. Therefore there is no real legitimate reason to permit recreational boaters to use engines: after all they can just sail.

Opinion that investing in electric cars and transportation will doom the climate goal promises to assured failure.

Opinion that we each live in a separate reality which ensures there are no universal facts, only opinions.

Opinion that freedom is more important than safety.

These are all hypothetical opinions not necessarily my own. I offer them to "hopefully" better explain to those promoting the vaccine why each individual draws their own conclusions which you may or may not agree with.
Old 14-02-2022, 03:17   #99
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFoxy View Post
It’s hardly voluntary if my choice is stay home or become seriously ill and possibly dead. Would you call it voluntary if someone did something at gun point?

Welcome to the real world.. Take your jabs and boosters and boosters and boosters and boosters.... and you will be OK.
Old 14-02-2022, 04:17   #100
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: They Lived In a Pandemic Bubble Now Covid Has Arrived

Quote:
Bingo!

And as a cherry on top - where are the lefties to support the workers a/k/a the Canadian truckers? Quite the opposite, the left and far left shrill for the big corporations, the big media and the big brother gov't. How ironic the society's mind (or the lack thereof) turned around in a mere 100 years. George Orwell must be spinning like crazy in his grave.
The Left is Big Brother..
They don't approve of personal responsibility, in fact they go to extreme lengths to manipulate education around to their way of thinking..
If the Left had their way all children would be educated Masjid style, seated on the floor rocking back and forth learning by rote..
Big Brother only wants drones..
The Left believes in the Hive..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 14-02-2022, 06:12   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyWoodsPete View Post
Unvax'd, you will likely get Covid and spread it...
Not being anti-vax. Just being pro-truth.

A recent study by Johns Hopkins concluded that there is no statistically significant difference in the probability of spreading COVID, regardless of whether you are vaxxed or not. None. So, you are NOT more likely to spread it if you are unvaxxed.

But again, let me say that I am not suggesting that you should not get vaxxed. I did, and I recommend it to anyone who is medically able to (there are many who are not). Being vaxxed clearly reduces your probability of ending up in the hospital and/or dead.

Luckily for all of us, the Omicron variant has exactly followed the normal progression of viral mutations. That is, it is far more contagious, but also far LESS lethal than previous variants. Compared to Delta, only a fraction of the people who get it end up in the hospital, and an even smaller fraction die. So, despite the hysteria about how quickly Omicron is spreading, this is actually good news.
Old 14-02-2022, 06:40   #102
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
... A recent study by Johns Hopkins concluded that there is no statistically significant difference in the probability of spreading COVID, regardless of whether you are vaxxed or not. None. So, you are NOT more likely to spread it if you are unvaxxed...
Citation?

Old 14-02-2022, 06:51   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
The Left is Big Brother..
They don't approve of personal responsibility, in fact they go to extreme lengths to manipulate education around to their way of thinking..
If the Left had their way all children would be educated Masjid style, seated on the floor rocking back and forth learning by rote..
Big Brother only wants drones..
The Left believes in the Hive..
They've never been exposed to alternative arguments, not ever, they just spew the same horseshit they've been brainwashed with in the government run school system. This is why the state want access and control over the children as early as possible. To curb independent thinking and growth.

But it is not their fault.

It's just a situation where some of them are more vulnerable in their formative years than others, some aren't vulnerable at all they're pretty much immune. Why this is I don't know. They just are.

It's also a case of being very young and therefore trusting grownups (teachers in this case) to have your best interest whilst at the same time lacking any intellectual self defense to defend yourself with. I guess I was lucky of not being that vulnerable and of having left school at 15 to work, so I escaped the gauntlet rather early all things considered, it's something I am very grateful for today because I'm not sure I would have come out the other side unscathed had I not left.

The school system is even worse today, at this point it's pure child abuse, that's all it is.
Old 14-02-2022, 07:05   #104
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Der Beek View Post
They've never been exposed to alternative arguments, not ever, they just spew the same horseshit they've been brainwashed with in the government run school system. This is why the state want access and control over the children as early as possible. To curb independent thinking and growth.

But it is not their fault.

It's just a situation where some of them are more vulnerable in their formative years than others, some aren't vulnerable at all they're pretty much immune. Why this is I don't know. They just are.

It's also a case of being very young and therefore trusting grownups (teachers in this case) to have your best interest whilst at the same time lacking any intellectual self defense to defend yourself with. I guess I was lucky of not being that vulnerable and of having left school at 15 to work, so I escaped the gauntlet rather early all things considered, it's something I am very grateful for today because I'm not sure I would have come out the other side unscathed had I not left.

The school system is even worse today, at this point it's pure child abuse, that's all it is.

So you have like a ninth grade education? Never studied algebra trigonometry or calculus? Never studied chemistry or physics? Wouldn’t know Descarte from a shopping cart? Not even the slightest understanding of statistics?

And yet you have all these firmly held opinions? Have you ever heard of the Dunning Kruger effect?

Ha Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah Hah.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Old 14-02-2022, 07:05   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
Not being anti-vax. Just being pro-truth.

A recent study by Johns Hopkins concluded that there is no statistically significant difference in the probability of spreading COVID, regardless of whether you are vaxxed or not. None. So, you are NOT more likely to spread it if you are unvaxxed.

But again, let me say that I am not suggesting that you should not get vaxxed. I did, and I recommend it to anyone who is medically able to (there are many who are not). Being vaxxed clearly reduces your probability of ending up in the hospital and/or dead.

Luckily for all of us, the Omicron variant has exactly followed the normal progression of viral mutations. That is, it is far more contagious, but also far LESS lethal than previous variants. Compared to Delta, only a fraction of the people who get it end up in the hospital, and an even smaller fraction die. So, despite the hysteria about how quickly Omicron is spreading, this is actually good news.
This isn't really a vaccine to be honest, it's more of a treatment that need constant 'updates' i.e. boosters, and its not a particularly effective one at that.

Covid has been in full swing for over two years now, chances are most of us have had it already and therefore have developed natural immunity.