Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2021, 15:04   #391

Boat: EggHarbor,Sportfish,35
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefurys View Post
actually, i got a great idea that would make people like you happy and SAFE from us infected disease spreading covid vaccine deniers.

you could just round us all up and, you know, put us in a camp. then, you know, you wouldnt have to breathe our infected air on your grocery trips and in your marinas.
you wouldnt have to be scared about getting our filthy germs.

sound good? i bet it does.

if your views are an indication of the state of mind sailors these days, ill pass.

What a great idea. Can we start with you.

It's been several hours since my second shot. Everything good so far.
Nothing to worry about.With the chemicals we ingest on a daily basis and you people worry about a shot. Jeez.
Old 25-03-2021, 15:13   #392
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

Quote:
you all that are scared of the common cold, you stay home, ok?

the rest of us need to live.
Seriously. Keep yourself in shape. Don't be obese or overweight. I have never had a flu shot and don't plan on this one either. I am not afraid.
Old 25-03-2021, 17:00   #393
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
No propaganda, just a simple fact. Vaccines played a role in the radical reduction of childhood mortality. Only you are the one making nonsense statements like "Ohh let me guess it was all down to vaccinations that reduced the the mortality rate of children", no one else.

LOL - Don't do the research then and look into it - I said they played a roll, but that was it, they played a roll amongst many other things that were happening in the medical, social and economic world.

People are so blinkered and unwilling to actually look at the what really happens(ed), I suppose its easier to just spout what you have been told.

If you do not think that there are any other things than vaccinations that effect health and child mortality then that's up to you, but ignoring contributing factors is simply nonsense in itself.
Old 25-03-2021, 17:04   #394
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Completely agree. My body, MY choice. You choose to remain a source of infection. The rest of society wants to get on with living, so I support institutions and businesses that tell you to stay away.

We all get to make choices. Those choices have consequences. Personal responsibility ... absolutely .

Whats the problem? They are saying that these vaccines are 100% effective against serious illness, hospitilisation and death - So why y'all so scared?
Old 25-03-2021, 18:09   #395

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Hallelujah, one sane person still out there.
Heard stupidity has no vaccine unfortunately.
Quote:
my body, my choice.

you all that are scared of the common cold, you stay home, ok?

the rest of us need to live.

your mRNA leaky gene therapy aint gonna save you from the common cold. you wanna play russian roulette with untested medications in live trials from drity seedy pharma companies who have never givin a toss about the common man, (im lookin at you bayer, dupont phizer ect ect ect) you fill your boots. but do not dare to tell anyone else what they need to inject in thier bodies

history does so repeat doesnt it? only following orders, right?
Old 25-03-2021, 18:22   #396

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Whats the problem? They are saying that these vaccines are 100% effective against serious illness, hospitilisation and death - So why y'all so scared?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Hallelujah, one sane person still out there.
Heard stupidity has no vaccine unfortunately.
Why is it so hard for folks like you to understand the basic concept. Public health measures are not there to protect you. They are there to protect your neighbour. In doing so, you also get protection.

As they say, you can't fix "thickheaded".
Old 25-03-2021, 18:55   #397

You forgot to mention that of late we have a 10% Autism rate. Thats a much bigger health care and societal cost problem than losing 1 sibling in a family of 6+ back in the day... These people generally need life long care and many are never able to support themselves.

Quote:
And it wasn't much before that a typical family had lost at least one child. Do you want to go back to the good old days?
1910 206 deaths under 5 years old per 1,000 live births
1940 66
1950. 40
1960. 31
2020. 7
Old 25-03-2021, 19:20   #398

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
You forgot to mention that of late we have a 10% Autism rate. Thats a much bigger health care and societal cost problem than losing 1 sibling in a family of 6+ back in the day... These people generally need life long care and many are never able to support themselves.
Have you just won the prize for introducing the fakes of fake news by suggesting vaccinations are causing autism .

And what are you even talking about ; "we have a 10% Autism rate"??? This means 10% of children born today are on the autism spectrum? Utter BS. According to the CDC the USA has a 1.85% rate as of 2020. This is a 10% increase from the previous established rate. A 10% increase is not the same as a 10% rate.

Clearly you know little about autism spectrum disorders. My nephew is autistic. He's doing quite fine, thank you very much. The vast majority of ASD people do not require "lifelong care." But early intervention and support is key.
Old 25-03-2021, 19:49   #399

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
LOL - Don't do the research then and look into it - I said they played a roll, but that was it, they played a roll amongst many other things that were happening in the medical, social and economic world.

People are so blinkered and unwilling to actually look at the what really happens(ed), I suppose its easier to just spout what you have been told.

If you do not think that there are any other things than vaccinations that effect health and child mortality then that's up to you, but ignoring contributing factors is simply nonsense in itself.
So I state the fact that vaccines played a role in reducing child mortality and you use the nonsense response implying I said that nothing else contributed to the remarkable improvement. Straight Troll logic.
Old 25-03-2021, 21:04   #400
UFO

Quote:
So I state the fact that vaccines played a role in reducing child mortality and you use the nonsense response implying I said that nothing else contributed to the remarkable improvement. Straight Troll logic.

So your original statement was:

"While you are guessing, do guess that none of the improvement was from vaccines? If you did then you'd be entirely wrong in the US or anywhete else."

Of which I never said None of the improvements was from vaccines, but when I talked about it being part of a greater picture you keep saying Nonsense.

I believe you sir are the troll.
Old 25-03-2021, 22:21   #401
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Have you just won the prize for introducing the fakes of fake news by suggesting vaccinations are causing autism
Stooping to LE levels. Yes autism and all kinds of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and toxin diseases. Have never seen you lay out evidence. (Just lame links) Have asked multiple times. Anybody who looks into the issue with open eyes can see the problem. You keep quoting the CDC. Are you a propagandist?
I hear they got a lot of PR budget. Do you get paid to spew out your repetitive drivel?
Old 25-03-2021, 22:32   #402
UFO

Quote:

Clearly you know little about autism spectrum disorders. My nephew is autistic. He's doing quite fine, thank you very much. The vast majority of ASD people do not require "lifelong care." But early intervention and support is key.

I know 3 children with Autism and all 3 will need some form of care/support for the rest of their lives.

Do you have a link showing that: The vast majority of ASD people do not require "lifelong care." ?
Old 25-03-2021, 22:50   #403

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
So your original statement was:

"While you are guessing, do guess that none of the improvement was from vaccines? If you did then you'd be entirely wrong in the US or anywhete else."

Of which I never said None of the improvements was from vaccines, but when I talked about it being part of a greater picture you keep saying Nonsense.

I believe you sir are the troll.
Well good then, we have some agreement. Vaccines contributed to the significant reduction in child mortality over the last 120 years.
Old 26-03-2021, 01:55   #404
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Have you just won the prize for introducing the fakes of fake news by suggesting vaccinations are causing autism .

And what are you even talking about ; "we have a 10% Autism rate"??? This means 10% of children born today are on the autism spectrum? Utter BS. According to the CDC the USA has a 1.85% rate as of 2020...
Worldwide, roughly one in 160 [rate of 0.625%] children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Based on epidemiological studies conducted over the past 50 years, the prevalence of ASD appears to be increasing globally.

While some people with ASD can live independently, others have severe disabilities and require life-long care and support.
Individuals with ASD often present other co-occurring conditions, including epilepsy, depression, anxiety and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The level of intellectual functioning in individuals with ASDs is extremely variable, extending from profound impairment to superior levels.

Available epidemiological data are conclusive that there is no evidence of a causal association between measles, mumps and rubella vaccine, and ASD. There is also no evidence to suggest that any other childhood vaccine may increase the risk of ASD. Evidence reviews of the potential association between the preservative thiomersal and aluminium adjuvants contained in inactivated vaccines and the risk of ASD strongly concluded that vaccines do not increase the risk of ASDs.

“Global Prevalence of Autism and Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders” ~ by Mayada Elsabbagh et al
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3763210/

“Uncertainty whereas no link between autism and MMR vaccine has been proved” ~ by Hervé Maisonneuve & Daniel Floret
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22748860/

“Lancet retracts Wakefield’s MMR paper” ~ by Clare Dyer
https://www.bmj.com/content/340/bmj.c696

“Early Autism May Not Last a Lifetime”
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...-last-lifetime

Old 26-03-2021, 03:54   #405
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

“The Hidden Costs of COVID-19" ~ by Kaitlyn Jackson, Julie Richmond, and Glen Pyle

“The debate over COVID-19 deaths has been waged since the early days of the pandemic. Some have argued that the methods to tally COVID-19 mortality are not reliable and over-state the numbers.

Ironically, those who argue against the accuracy of the systems that measure the human cost of the pandemic may have a point, but not the one they are trying to make.

The widespread impact of COVID-19 on healthcare systems brought by the pandemic has led to deaths that are not a direct result of infection.
A letter, published in the journal Circulation [1], explains how COVID-19 can increase the risk of death, even in people who are never infected.

An internationally-based survey published in the journal Circulation sought to determine how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted cardiac surgery units (1). Worldwide, 60 of 61 cardiac surgery units contacted completed the survey, including 7 from Asia; 2 from Australia; 31 from Europe; 16 from North America; and 4 from South America. Overall, cardiac surgery units reported a 50%-75% decrease in cases, with a significant correlation with the amount of COVID-19 cases in the regions of each facility. Two-thirds of the cardiac surgery units reported a 50% decrease in bed availability for patients, and one-third of the centers relocated their personnel, most of whom were sent to Intensive Care Units. The combined loss of beds and healthcare personnel caused most cardiac surgery units to reduce surgeries to emergency cases only, with 5% shutting down cardiac surgery all together ...

... Measuring the impact of COVID-19 by using a single number like the mortality rate ignores the scope of its impact. From long haulers who continue to experience effects well after the virus has been cleared, to the families of those sickened or killed, the effects are real, even if they don’t appear in the daily death counts.

The interruption to cardiac surgery procedures is the tip of the iceberg in healthcare. The stress of COVID-19 flows through the medical system and affects even those who are not infected. While the deaths from COVID-19 grow, the hidden costs continue to mount, and the true impact can’t be captured with any number ...”

More https://covid19resources.ca/2021/03/...s-of-covid-19/

[1] “Response of Cardiac Surgery Units to COVID-19" ~ by Mario Gaudino et al
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...AHA.120.047865

See also:

“Long term complications of COVID” ~ by Amir Imani, PharmD
https://covid19resources.ca/2020/12/...ions-of-covid/

“Vaccination Opponents Drive An Epidemic Of COVID-19 Misinformation” ~ Glen Pyle
“There is a saying that when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. So, it should come as no surprise that vaccine skeptics worldwide are sounding the alarm about the flu shot as a real danger in the COVID-19 pandemic. Confused? Well, it turns out the anti-vaccine activists are too ...”
https://covid19resources.ca/2020/11/24/explained-voe/

Tags
alarm