Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2021, 09:02   #76

Boat: Westerly Conway 36ft
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

75. Not done yet - can't wait. Hopefully in next couple of weeks.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:04   #77

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Keep in mind that when reentering the US, you will be required to show a negative antigen Covid19 test that is 72 hours or less old. Vaccination or not.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:08   #78

Until the government stops banning drugs that have been around for decades, stops interfering with peoples GP's exercising their own discretion / judgement regarding how to treat their patients, big tech stops censoring doctors posting to Youtube, twitter or where-ever and so long as India enjoys better patient outcomes than 88 much wealthier countries - there is no way I will be taking any vaccine.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:19   #79

Boat: Leopard 45

75 and healthy here in Oregon. It looks like maybe next month (Feb). I'll be able to get in line.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:20   #80

Boat: 2012 Seaward 32 RK

Wife and I are in our 50's, she is medically trained, and I do a lot of scientific research as I am a firm believer in informed consent for self and others. Everyone in our family has had the SARS-CoV-2 aka Covid-19 virus and been just fine. Many folks are ignorant of any means of treating illness, save a trip to the doctor and a prescription. That is unfortunate and they will likely opt for the shot. That is their choice and we honor that.

We have decided against the new shot. Far too many ignorant and politically motivated voices have been involved in perpetuating the hoax that any vaccine will be a panacea. If you believe that it will be, then you have been duped and should reevaluate your historical perspective in my opinion. Fear breads irrationality.

Without going into a full dissertation, COVID viruses have been around for a long time. You may remember SARS-CoV back in 2003? There was an attempt at creating a vaccine for that. It failed. That is partly why a Covid vaccine has not been a part of public discourse until this last year. The manner in which these attempts failed is very concerning as new exposure to wild virus in animal test subjects after vaccination and successfully showing antibodies caused severe immune reactions leading to death in all subjects. Read the study here. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0035421 .

Am I saying that the new shot will cause this? Who can say at this juncture? I can think of dozens of pharmaceutical compounds that have caused great harm to many people over the decades though. I can also say that the W.H.O. has recently changed their definition of herd immunity from developing immunity from exposure to a pathogen, to developing immunity from being vaccinated. Paraphrasing of course. It's a crazy time in the world due to the politicalization and disinformation spread by supposedly trustworthy news sources. You should do your own homework and make your own choice. You should not, however thrust your choices onto others for any reason. That's my two cents for what it's worth.
Good luck,
Old 26-01-2021, 09:21   #81

Boat: 42ft Moody Ketch

As a uk resident I fall into group 6 and will be vaccinated early March . But the UK has got its vacine programme on point due to a central health care and volunteers and our medical team working their guts off . Those countries dragging their heels should ge ashamed.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:28   #82

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
People are dying left and right after getting that vaccine. 23 elderly in Norway , a doctor in Florida and a man last week in California. Healthcare workers, doctors and nurses, are refusing those vaccines.
The only thing they will vaccine is my dead body.
Really? Did you look at the news pieces on the Norway victims? They were all very very old and had terminal conditions. In short, they were barely alive anyway, all hospitalized previously.

If you don't want a vaccine, fine. But for the rest of humanity sake I hope you are wearing a mask, washing frequently and physically distancing yourself.

The thing to remember about these vaccines is that they don't keep you from getting Covid-19. The help prevent the disease from going from a mild case to a major case/death.

I am scheduled for the 1st shot in 2 days. Whenever after that I will get the 2nd shot and 2 weeks after that I will start travelling again. The new strain I have not followed enough so researching now. If Maderna is working on a booster for that strain and I have a choice of which one I get... I'll go Maderna
Old 26-01-2021, 09:38   #83
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

[QUOTE=Cpt Mark;3328925]Really? Did you look at the news pieces on the Norway victims? They were all very very old and had terminal conditions. In short, they were barely alive anyway, all hospitalized previously.

If you don't want a vaccine, fine. But for the rest of humanity sake I hope you are wearing a mask, washing frequently and physically distancing yourself.

The thing to remember about these vaccines is that they don't keep you from getting Covid-19. The help prevent the disease from going from a mild case to a major case/death./QUOTE]

Allegedly..
Yet to be proved.. None of these have been approved by the FDA, just waved through under emergency measures and any future liability waived.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:38   #84

Boat: Down East Yachts, Downeaster 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Viento View Post
I got hit fairly hard by the second dose but not near as hard as a single day at work or the consequences of having a bad version of the COVID.

Can you share what symptoms you had after the 2nd dose?

Also, is anyone cruising outside of their 'home' location? I saw one poster who seems to be in Europe (from the USA). Anyone else cruising and seeing residency requirements become an obstacle?
Downeaster 38 #40
"Downeast Yachts - More sailing per mile since 1975"
Old 26-01-2021, 09:39   #85
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

70, got the first shot. North Carolina.

I could not figure out how to sign up for the shot. We are new in town so not tuned into the vibe. My slip mate told me they had been giving the shot the previous day at the American Legion down the road. So we drove down there hoping to sign up. Instead they directed us into line to get shot.

I got mine but they would not shoot my wife because she had a (false!!!!) rapid positive a couple of weeks ago. They make her wait for 30 days after a positive test. I had not taken the test because she and I both had the same cold. We cohabitate in isolated confinement so none of it makes sense.

I get my second shot sometime around Feb 19. I think they will call me? Who knows. Anyway, we are mow in “the system” and will get done.

I am 70 and disgustingly healthy. Wife is 68 and also in good shape.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:44   #86

Boat: 2012 Seaward 32 RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Mark View Post
Really? Did you look at the news pieces on the Norway victims? They were all very very old and had terminal conditions. In short, they were barely alive anyway, all hospitalized previously.
Agree with you here and would add that many of the claimed Covid-19 deaths of the last year have been with Covid-19, not exclusively from Covid-19, though they have been labeled as such. It's important to make that distinction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Mark View Post
Strongly disagree with you here. If the vaccine is to be a panacea for those that choose to get it, then it is not necessary for those who have not received it to protect those that have received it from anything. They are no more likely or unlikely to spread said virus. That type of thinking is what falsely leads people to believe in compulsory vaccination which is very evil.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:46   #87

To those that do not want the vacine due to some dodgy study or face book page they read please offer your vacine to someone else and stop moaning about it, its your choice no one is forcing you , so walk away, let your mouths shut . Live in your bunkers with 10 year old spam and let the rest of us get jabbed in piece. Many thanks and much appreciated, my wife says I can be confrontational because of my autism . Me I never see it . Get a life oooopsss
Old 26-01-2021, 09:47   #88

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
None of these have been approved by the FDA, just waved through under emergency measures and any future liability waived.

So... I work for a medical device company (not pharmaceutical though). FDA emergency authorization isn't just being waved through. There's still some testing that has to be done before getting the emergency use authorization, just a reduced amount. And the rest of the testing still has to happen within a set period of time, it can just be done while the product is already out there.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:49   #89

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogscout View Post
Excuse this for being totally US Centric.
I am not posting this angrily but I am wondering WTF. The USA is happily giving shots to its citizens in the US and will likely do so at our foreign military bases, embassies and consulates. The US will not be giving shots to its citizens who are living overseas. So when they start giving shots to illegals in the US, its a bit like **** you to those of us who still pay taxes yet are getting nothing. The US needs to come up with reciprocity agreements just like it has treaties where US citizens are living.

The EU countries are not giving shots to individuals who do not have tax id's.

It will be very interesting to see how this all rolls out. If it becomes a condition for entry into another country then there will be many Americans stuck and looking for a work around.

I hear ya and agree. It is a shame that the US is not taking care of tax-paying citizens and residents first.
Old 26-01-2021, 09:52   #90

Disagree with the us citizens over seas not getting it my wife is a US citizen does not hold any other passport , and lives in the UK with identikit leave and if any us citizen is registered in the UK health care system they fet the Kab and health care

Tags