Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2023, 07:05   #2356

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Weather Routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirare View Post
Sorry...I am on Ubuntu 22.04.
I am also a bit confused by the information in the provided URL you have kindly provided.

One of those links provides a list of all the plugins that I build using Jon Gough's Testplugin Template (or Front End) which is the set of cmake tools to build all the versions for different Operating Systems.

The other link is a list of the Operating Systems the TP Template should support, which is intended to mirror the OS that OpenCPN supports. Accomplishing this seems to be a never ending task.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2023, 07:10   #2357

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasse_A View Post
Hi!

I always get OpenCPN to crash if I delete a configuration while it is performing a route.

Win10
OpenCPN 5.8.2-0
WR 1.14.0.0

Thanks Hans, for the version reporting too. I have made note of this under issues, and hopefully we can get this fixed with the next update.

https://github.com/rgleason/weather_..._pi/issues/103

..but why even try to do this while performing an route optimization?
Old 25-05-2023, 07:23   #2358

Boat: Allegro 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
..but why even try to do this while performing an route optimization?
Thanks Rick,

I am weather routing quite a number of boats sailing from the Caribbean to the Azores. Some times you forget to update the start time and you get climate data for the beginning of the route instead of data from the newly downloaded gribs.

As there seems to be no way of stopping the router once it has started I tried to delete the configuration because otherwise you have to wait for the router to finish a useless route. This was the way I did find out that it crashes.

When you have perhaps 10 boats you want to route and often long routes the time spent waiting for a useless route becomes frustrating.

/Hans
hasse_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2023, 12:42   #2359

Some proposed enhancements to the Weather Router plugin.

1) The cursor on the route is often very hard to detect. I would like to see the cursor (the circle) that travels the route when you step the time in the grib window much easier. Perhaps it can be given a much more intense color and/or make it flashing.

2 I would like to be able to hide the iso distance lines that the router produces.
Sometimes it gets very blurry. Especially if you want to highlight several routes.

3) There is an inconsistency between deleting a position and a configuration.
Deleting a position involves right clicking the mouse to mark the position to delete while lift clicking to remove the configuration. Very confusing.

4) The format of the displayed positions should follow the format set in Units in Preference.

5) There should be a means of editing the positions without deleting and entering it again.
Old 28-05-2023, 15:31   #2360

Quote:

1) The cursor on the route is often very hard to detect. I would like to see the cursor (the circle) that travels the route when you step the time in the grib window much easier. Perhaps it can be given a much more intense color and/or make it flashing.

2 I would like to be able to hide the iso distance lines that the router produces.
Sometimes it gets very blurry. Especially if you want to highlight several routes.

Deleting a position involves right clicking the mouse to mark the position to delete while lift clicking to remove the configuration. Very confusing.

4) The format of the displayed positions should follow the format set in Units in Preference.

5) There should be a means of editing the positions without deleting and entering it again.

Hans would you mind entering these RFE (request for enhancement) items separately, one issue for each item, under weather_routing issues here and on Sean's repos Issues here

and the other bug below this. Thank you. Thanks.
Old 28-05-2023, 19:10   #2361

Boat: Morgan 382

Quote:

If I understand 2) correctly, try setting isocron line thickness to 0.
Old 28-05-2023, 19:27   #2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholybee View Post
If I understand 2) correctly, try setting isocron line thickness to 0.
Yes, that actually works but it's a crude way if you want to toggle it off/on.
A real nice feature would be if you on top of the on/off feature could set if it should be shown at all per configuration.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:25   #2363

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Question, would it be possible to note automatically behind the configuration summary which grib was used for that specific computation?
That would be helpful when comparing results from different weather files.

Another thing I noticed, if the end of the grib is reached it says "failed polar" it would be better if it says "end of grib".

I got failed polar when using a 5 day grib, but on a 7 day grib it does not give the "failed polar". Info, so it's not the polar at fault, but the grib data missing.

I spent some time to find out that there is actually nothing wrong with the polar..
Old 16-07-2023, 09:09   #2364

Added these two issues. Thank you Franziska

https://github.com/rgleason/weather_..._pi/issues/111
https://github.com/rgleason/weather_..._pi/issues/110

It would be helpful if others with github opensource accounts could add these RFE and bug issues too. There are several others below that could be added.

Have also added 5 other issues as reported below.
https://github.com/rgleason/weather_routing_pi/issues
Old 16-07-2023, 13:51   #2365

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Added these two issues. Thank you Franziska

https://github.com/rgleason/weather_..._pi/issues/111
https://github.com/rgleason/weather_..._pi/issues/110

It would be helpful if others with github opensource accounts could add these RFE and bug issues too. There are several others below that could be added.

Have also added 5 other issues as reported below.
https://github.com/rgleason/weather_routing_pi/issues
Thanks Rick, you're a star. Greetings from Formentera, Spain.
Old 17-07-2023, 02:11   #2366

Boat: SY 40ft one-off

I keep having an issue with WR Plot function. The axis refresh continuosly making the whole display flicker and unreadable.

I reported this behaviour back in time. Now I am at the latest OCPN release and WR release but the issue is there yet. It happens on all my PCs (tested on 3 different notebooks) all running Win10.

I ran a little survey and I ain't the only one experiencing this issue.

Has anybody found a fix yet?

Thanks
Scud
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2023, 03:06   #2367

Boat: Lagoon 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by scud View Post
I keep having an issue with WR Plot function. The axis refresh continuosly making the whole display flicker and unreadable.

I reported this behaviour back in time. Now I am at the latest OCPN release and WR release but the issue is there yet. It happens on all my PCs (tested on 3 different notebooks) all running Win10.

I ran a little survey and I ain't the only one experiencing this issue.

Has anybody found a fix yet?

Thanks
Scud
Works fine on my MacBook Pro M2 running Ventura.
kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2023, 04:01   #2368

Scud make a full bug report on github, my repos please. With screenshots and the whole repeatable process. Include os, device and software versions. If this is an unsupported os or install don't bother doing this. Thanks
Old 27-07-2023, 06:08   #2369

Boat: SY 40ft one-off

I will

OS in all 3 notebooks is WIN10 so I assume it is supported actually.

I notified the same problem in the past (see #1714 at https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post2923854 ) .

Nothing of what has been suggested to try actually worked so I hoped that new versions either of OPCPN o WR would have fixed the issue eventually, but they didn't. I also tried fresh new installations lately but the issue would be there as yet. Screenshot ain't useful at all since the plot diagram axis would flicker as if refreshing at a relatively slow rate and if I take a screenshoot you wouldn't notice. I'm not the only one facing this issue. Maybe I miss a library or a specific .dll somewhere?
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2023, 06:22   #2370

Scud, sorry I forgot about that, too many PI to keep up with. I will dig into this when next at my laptop and try to make it happen on my machine. Have you provided all necessary instructions in post below, to repeat the problem? Thanks for your patience with me.

Tags
paracelle, weather