Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2018, 14:43   #1

Rpi crashes on OpenCPN 4.8.4 charts

I loaded Synaptic Package Manager and installed OpenCPN 4.8.4 on my Rpi 3. I have updated my charts (all RNC). I can scan the charts at a scale of 2.2 over a wide region, however under certain conditions (yet to be specified as they vary depending on chart scale, boundary, etc) the Rpi crashes. The crash is that I get a blank screen on the RPI I am currently running with a complete HDMI monitor, keyboard and mouse in place. I have to unplug and replug in the Rpi to reboot, no mouse click or keyboard entry shows anything. I looked at the OpenCPN logs and the log file just stops at that last point. The Rpi reboots with no indication of an error, the syslog and kernlog show nothing.

In its simplest form I start OpenCPN, I can zoom out to where I can see the border of my loaded charts. (scale 63600 1.9x) and here I can scroll around showing unloaded chart frames. I then zoom in to scale 122200 (3.5x) and start to scroll around and OpenCPN freezes and the RPi locks up. Other times it will crash the whole screen.

I don't know whether it is specifically an OpenCPN issue or a problem with my Rpi system. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.
CapnRon47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, enc, opencpn