Hello all OpenCPN
Continuing our Beta test, here is Beta v5.1.529
Here are the links for Windows and Mac installation
The downloadable installers for Mac and Windows are here:
users running a debian-derivative distribution, you may install the Beta using your distro's package management tools.
Packages for Trusty, Xenial, Bionic, and Focal are available from the OpenCPN
Please note that above links are fixed, and will not reflect the ongoing daily build cycles.
If you need to test a feature that you know or suspect has been fixed or added by a daily build, you may find it here:
Here is a list of some of the corrections and new features in this Beta release:
1. Enable Settings->Charts->Vector Charts
User Standard mode list only when User Standard mode is active
2. Implement "Head-Up" navigation
3. Correct persistence of shared waypoint visibility for hidden routes.
4. Support GTK dark mode in "Connections" panel list entries.
5. Correct update of chart downloader large chart set list, Windows only.
6. Add Chart Scale dialog, allow direct setting of Chart Scale by clicking "scale value" shown in MUIBar.
7. Correct occasional error in toolbar plugin tool rendering after tooltip rollover is hidden.
8. Integrate current
translation files from crowdin.
1. Translations: This Beta includes the current
state of the crowdin translation file matrix. Some terms, added very late, are not translated. Please check your translations carefully, so that we may get complete and accurate translations for the up-coming Release.
2. Head-Up Mode: For those installations receiving HDT information from an attached heading sensor, this navigation
mode orients the chart display so that the ship's head
is "up", If a heading sensor is not available, the "Head-Up" mode functions identically to "Course-Up" mode, for compatibility with existing systems.
OpenCPN V5.1 is "feature complete" now. I plan one more Beta cycle after this, before a full release as OpenCPN Version 5.2.0.
Please test hard, and be unforgiving of any errors or glitches encountered.
Dave and the OCPN Team