Hello all OpenCPN
Continuing our Beta test, here is Beta v5.1.511
Here are the links for Windows and Mac installation
The downloadable installers for Mac and Windows are here:
users running a debian-derivative distribution, you may install the Beta using your distro's package management tools.
Packages for Trusty, Xenial, Bionic, and Focal are available from the OpenCPN
Please note that above links are fixed, and will not reflect the ongoing daily build cycles.
If you need to test a feature that you know or suspect has been fixed or added by a daily build, you may find it here:
Here is a list of some of the corrections and new features in this Beta release:
1. Correct COG indicator line update lag on course change, Windows.
2. Correct Track color dialog selector, Windows.
3. Correct rendered width of Safety
Contour, S57 ENC
4. Correct update of IP and Port on signalK auto-discovery option.
5. Allow selection of plugin panel by clicking on status icon.
6. Confirm fix for shared waypoint visibility.
7. Make Vector Charts->Show Text default "ON" for all platforms, initial installation
8. Implement tile highlighting on MBTiles piano button rollover.
9. Improve MBTiles render inclusion rules using groups and file size.
10. Improve plugin manager dialog layouts.
11. Make "scale-0" sounding font size a bit smaller.
There are a few items noted from the last Beta that have not been resolved. Still working to reproduce/fix.