Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2015, 13:01   #16

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

1. Must use the latest version of OCPN in git (api is being updated)
2. Must compile the plugin standalone, i.e. not in directory tree of OCPN.
3. All that is needed should be in the plugin git.
4. Copy the executable to the location in a working version of OCPN where plugins reside, in linux {ocpn root}/lib/opencpn/
5. There is no real readme at the moment, just what is displayed when in git. I haven't had time yet to write it as I am too busy trying to get it to work, sorry.

Jon
[QUOTE=rgleason;1789708]Quote

Thanks Jon
I am trying to get my head around this.
1. Cuurent master v4.1 required for api 1.13.
2. Compile the boundary plugin (as standalone or with msvc++).
3. Do something with styles.h copy to ehere?
4. Compile opncpn_draw and put the dll under the plugins directory?
5. I should be checking the readme for how to compile use and test. Is there one yet?

Thanks
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:22   #17

Hi,
It is getting closer. I have resolved most of the issues with windows builds, but I am still fighting a couple particularly around the XML messages. I am slowly working through them. I need to generate a properties dialog for the points being used, but I have not done this from scratch so it may take a while.

Most of it is now working under Linux, still rough edges, but at least it draws in normal and opengl, the boundaries can have different colours and the properties are available from the tool bar, not the right click yet.

Jon
Old 05-04-2015, 02:25   #18

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Had a decent internet connection and thought I'd try compiling.
Removed my old git directory and git cloned a new one

Code:
..OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin>git clone git://github.com/jongough/ocpn_draw_pi ocpn_draw_pi

Cloning into 'ocpn_draw_pi'...
remote: Counting objects: 564, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (159/159), done.
remote: Total 564 (delta 74), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 403
Receiving objects: 100% (564/564), 1.27 MiB | 54.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (288/288), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
However when I go into the new directory all I have is .git directory and a couple of files. This is strange.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:36   #19

The code is still in the Boundary branch as I am still working on it and don't want to put it into the master until I have it compiling for windows. I am currently working on removing the MarkInfoDef & MarkInfoImpl classes and replacing them with a plugin version. But am still trying to get my head around wxFormBuilder and implementing it into the code base.
Old 05-04-2015, 13:16   #20

Jon, Thanks. I am making some progress. I couldn't find the remotes/origin/branch until I executed a 'git fetch --all' which is normal, just forgot!

So here are the steps I've done so far, as an effort towards creation of a Windows Compile Readme (it will change)

ocpn_draw_pi
--------------------------------
Code:
First from the command prompt change directory to your plugin compile directory, for me that is 
cd C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin

Then git clone Jon's  jongough repository named ocpn_draw_pi
git clone     git://github.com/jongough/ocpn_draw_pi.git  ocpn_draw_pi

Then
cd ocpn_draw_pi
git fetch -all
git branch -va  

Then to set up the local branch using the remote
git checkout -b boundary origin/boundary

Result:  Branch boundary set up to track remote branch boundary from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'boundary'

Next copy the file "opencpn.lib" from the most recent Opencpn Version 4.1
to the build directory.

(I have to  'git fetch'  opencpn v4.1 and recompile to get a current opencpn.lib because I have 21 LNK errors)

Then
cmake ..
cmake --build .
cmake --build . --config release

If you have NSIS installed 
cpack

Then install the plugin as Debug or Release version (appropriately)
Old 05-04-2015, 21:01   #21

I think (fingers crossed) I have a version which will compile and link under windows. I fought all the way, but I have had to create a 'slightly' updated version of 'styles.cpp' which I would like to remove. But to assist with trying it out I have done this. Let me know how it goes. There may be files missing as I am not sure I have managed to commit all the changes.

Jon
Old 06-04-2015, 01:21   #22

Dear Jon, After reading your note above, I git fetch --all again. Then went and checked for styles.h and looked for ocpn_plugin.h which were both there downloaded. Then I tried to compile with 'cmake ..' and 'cmake --build .'

There were 21 errors which are probably because I missed something.
Code:
Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
(Link target) ->
  pathmanagerdialog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "class wxString __cdecl GetLayerName(int)"  (?GetLayerName@@YA?AVwxString@@H@Z) referencedin function "public: void  __thiscall PathManagerDialog::ShowPathPropertiesDialog(class Path *)"  (?ShowPathPropertiesDialog@PathManagerDialog@@QAEXPAVPath@@@Z)
 [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "public: virtual __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::~MarkInfoImpl(void)"  (??1MarkInfoImpl@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual  __thiscall OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl::~OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl(void)"  (??1OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl@@UAE@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "public: __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::MarkInfoImpl(class wxWindow  *,int,class wxString const &,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize  const &,long)"  (??0MarkInfoImpl@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@HABVwxString@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@J@Z)  referenced in function "public: __thiscall 

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl::OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl(class wxWindow *,int,class  wxString const &,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const  &,long)"  (??0OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@HABVwxString@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@J@Z)   [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual struct wxEventTable const * __thiscall  MarkInfoDef::GetEventTable(void)const "  (?GetEventTable@MarkInfoDef@@MBEPBUwxEventTable@@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]   

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual class wxEventHashTable & __thiscall  MarkInfoDef::GetEventHashTable(void)const  "(?GetEventHashTable@MarkInfoDef@@MBEAAVwxEventHashTable@@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall  MarkInfoImpl::OnDescChangedBasic(class wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnDescChangedBasic@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall  MarkInfoImpl::OnExtDescriptionClick(class wxComman
dEvent &)"  (?OnExtDescriptionClick@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnDeleteLink(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnDeleteLink@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnEditLink(class  wxCommandEvent &)"
(?OnEditLink@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnAddLink(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnAddLink@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnEditLinkToggle(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnEditLinkToggle@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnDescChangedExt(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnDescChangedExt@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "public: void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::m_hyperlinkContextMenu(class  wxMouseEvent &)"  (?m_hyperlinkContextMenu@MarkInfoImpl@@QAEXAAVwxMouseEvent@@@Z)  referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall  OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl::UpdateProperties(bool)"
(?UpdateProperties@OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl@@QAE_N_N@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

FontMgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected:  virtual void __thiscall wxFontListNode::DeleteData(void)"  (?DeleteData@wxFontListNode@@M
AEXXZ) [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

FontMgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:  __thiscall MyFontDesc::MyFontDesc(class wxString,class wxString,class  wxFont *,class wxColo
ur)" (??0MyFontDesc@@QAE@VwxString@@0PAVwxFont@@VwxColour@@@Z)  referenced in function "public: class wxFont * __thiscall  FontMgr::GetFont(class wxString const
 &,int)" (?GetFont@FontMgr@@QAEPAVwxFont@@ABVwxString@@H@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

ocpndc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float  g_GLMinSymbolLineWidth" (?g_GLMinSymbolLineWidth@@3MA)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class wxColour  __cdecl GetGlobalColor(class wxString)"  (?GetGlobalColor@@YA?AVwxColour@@VwxString@@@Z) referenced in function  "public: class wxBitmap __thiscall ocpnStyle::Style::GetToolIcon(class  wxString const &,int,bool)"  (?GetToolIcon@Style@ocpnStyle@@QAE?AVwxBitmap@@ABVwxString@@H_N@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class  wxString & __thiscall OCPNPlatform::GetHomeDir(void)"  (?GetHomeDir@OCPNPlatform@@QAEAAVwxString@@XZ) referenced in function  "public: __thiscall ocpnStyle::StyleManager::StyleManager(void)"  (??0StyleManager@ocpnStyle@@QAE@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class  wxString & __thiscall OCPNPlatform::GetSharedDataDir(void)"  (?GetSharedDataDir@OCPNPlatform@@QAEAAVwxString@@XZ) referenced in  function "public: __thiscall  ocpnStyle::StyleManager::StyleManager(void)"  (??0StyleManager@ocpnStyle@@QAE@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class  OCPNPlatform *g_Platform" (?g_Platform@@3PAVOCPNPlatform@@A)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\Debug\ocpn_draw_pi.dll  : fatal error LNK1120: 20 unresolved externals  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    21 Error(s)
Old 06-04-2015, 01:36   #23

Rick,
I have completely removed MarkInfoImpl from the current version. I have replaced it with ODPointPropertiesImpl and ODPointPropertiesDialog. I have also removed OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl from the cmake file. Can you try getting the repository again.
Thanks
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Dear Jon, After reading your note above, I git fetch --all again. Then went and checked for styles.h and looked for ocpn_plugin.h which were both there downloaded. Then I tried to compile with 'cmake ..' and 'cmake --build .'

There were 21 errors which are probably because I missed something.
Code:
Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
(Link target) ->
  pathmanagerdialog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "class wxString __cdecl GetLayerName(int)"  (?GetLayerName@@YA?AVwxString@@H@Z) referencedin function "public: void  __thiscall PathManagerDialog::ShowPathPropertiesDialog(class Path *)"  (?ShowPathPropertiesDialog@PathManagerDialog@@QAEXPAVPath@@@Z)
 [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "public: virtual __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::~MarkInfoImpl(void)"  (??1MarkInfoImpl@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual  __thiscall OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl::~OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl(void)"  (??1OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl@@UAE@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "public: __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::MarkInfoImpl(class wxWindow  *,int,class wxString const &,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize  const &,long)"  (??0MarkInfoImpl@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@HABVwxString@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@J@Z)  referenced in function "public: __thiscall 

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl::OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl(class wxWindow *,int,class  wxString const &,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const  &,long)"  (??0OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@HABVwxString@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@J@Z)   [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual struct wxEventTable const * __thiscall  MarkInfoDef::GetEventTable(void)const "  (?GetEventTable@MarkInfoDef@@MBEPBUwxEventTable@@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]   

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual class wxEventHashTable & __thiscall  MarkInfoDef::GetEventHashTable(void)const  "(?GetEventHashTable@MarkInfoDef@@MBEAAVwxEventHashTable@@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall  MarkInfoImpl::OnDescChangedBasic(class wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnDescChangedBasic@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall  MarkInfoImpl::OnExtDescriptionClick(class wxComman
dEvent &)"  (?OnExtDescriptionClick@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnDeleteLink(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnDeleteLink@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnEditLink(class  wxCommandEvent &)"
(?OnEditLink@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnAddLink(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnAddLink@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnEditLinkToggle(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnEditLinkToggle@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "protected: virtual void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::OnDescChangedExt(class  wxCommandEvent &)"  (?OnDescChangedExt@MarkInfoImpl@@MAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol  "public: void __thiscall MarkInfoImpl::m_hyperlinkContextMenu(class  wxMouseEvent &)"  (?m_hyperlinkContextMenu@MarkInfoImpl@@QAEXAAVwxMouseEvent@@@Z)  referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall  OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl::UpdateProperties(bool)"
(?UpdateProperties@OCPNDrawPointInfoImpl@@QAE_N_N@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

FontMgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected:  virtual void __thiscall wxFontListNode::DeleteData(void)"  (?DeleteData@wxFontListNode@@M
AEXXZ) [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

FontMgr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:  __thiscall MyFontDesc::MyFontDesc(class wxString,class wxString,class  wxFont *,class wxColo
ur)" (??0MyFontDesc@@QAE@VwxString@@0PAVwxFont@@VwxColour@@@Z)  referenced in function "public: class wxFont * __thiscall  FontMgr::GetFont(class wxString const
 &,int)" (?GetFont@FontMgr@@QAEPAVwxFont@@ABVwxString@@H@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

ocpndc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float  g_GLMinSymbolLineWidth" (?g_GLMinSymbolLineWidth@@3MA)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class wxColour  __cdecl GetGlobalColor(class wxString)"  (?GetGlobalColor@@YA?AVwxColour@@VwxString@@@Z) referenced in function  "public: class wxBitmap __thiscall ocpnStyle::Style::GetToolIcon(class  wxString const &,int,bool)"  (?GetToolIcon@Style@ocpnStyle@@QAE?AVwxBitmap@@ABVwxString@@H_N@Z)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class  wxString & __thiscall OCPNPlatform::GetHomeDir(void)"  (?GetHomeDir@OCPNPlatform@@QAEAAVwxString@@XZ) referenced in function  "public: __thiscall ocpnStyle::StyleManager::StyleManager(void)"  (??0StyleManager@ocpnStyle@@QAE@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class  wxString & __thiscall OCPNPlatform::GetSharedDataDir(void)"  (?GetSharedDataDir@OCPNPlatform@@QAEAAVwxString@@XZ) referenced in  function "public: __thiscall  ocpnStyle::StyleManager::StyleManager(void)"  (??0StyleManager@ocpnStyle@@QAE@XZ)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

styles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class  OCPNPlatform *g_Platform" (?g_Platform@@3PAVOCPNPlatform@@A)  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\Debug\ocpn_draw_pi.dll  : fatal error LNK1120: 20 unresolved externals  [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    21 Error(s)
Old 06-04-2015, 02:01   #24

Jon that was a quick response!

git fetch -all then git checkout master would not checkout some problem with version.h then had to authentic myself again with git. Then git stashed some change to version.h and was told that is was stashed but the ctrl line feeds were changed to carriage return. (I did not touch version.h)!.

Anyway was then able to git checkout boundary and it worked. Did "cmake .."
and got the following. Thought you might know what I am missing:

C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi>cd build

Code:
C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build>cmake ..
-- *** Staging to build ocpn_draw_pi ***
-- Found OpenGL...
--     Lib: glu32opengl32
--     Include:
-- Install Prefix: C:/Program Files (x86)/ocpn_draw_pi
-- Configuring done
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:165 (ADD_LIBRARY):
  Cannot find source file:

include/ODPointPropertiesDialog.h

Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target: ocpn_draw_pi
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/Frederick/Documents/OpenCPN-Data/o
-plugin/ocpn_draw_pi/build

C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build>
---Seem to be missing ODpointPropertiesDialog.h

====

Did cmake --build .

Got the following:

Code:
Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUIL
D.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_dra
w_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
  c:\users\frederick\documents\opencpn-data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\include\ocpn_
plugin.h(624): warning C4190: 'GetSharedDataLocation' has C-linkage specified,
but returns UDT 'wxString' which is incompatible with C [C:\Users\Frederick\Doc
uments\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\include\ocpn_
  ..\src\OCPNDrawCanvasMenuHandler.cpp(340): warning C4060: switch statement co
ntains no 'case' or 'default' labels [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data
\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\OCPNDrawCanvasMenuHandler.cpp(58): warning C4101: 'pLast' : unreferenc
ed local variable [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw
_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\frederick\documents\opencpn-data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\src\ocpndrawc
anvasmenuhandler.cpp(67): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'zlon' us
ed [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_
draw_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\frederick\documents\opencpn-data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\src\ocpndrawc
anvasmenuhandler.cpp(67): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'zlat' us
ed [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_
draw_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\frederick\documents\opencpn-data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\include\wx\js
on_defs.h(213): warning C4005: 'MIN' : macro redefinition [C:\Users\Frederick\D
ocuments\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
on_defs.h(214): warning C4005: 'MAX' : macro redefinition [C:\Users\Frederick\D
  c:\users\frederick\documents\opencpn-data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\ocpninclude\d
ychart.h(85): warning C4005: 'snprintf' : macro redefinition [C:\Users\Frederic
k\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\ocpninclude\d
  c:\users\frederick\documents\opencpn-data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\src\ocpnpoint
.cpp(568): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'gFrame' used [C:\Users\
Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxpr
oj]

(ClCompile target) ->
  c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\ocpnsrc\styles.cpp': N
o such file or directory [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\oc
pn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\PathProp.cpp(49): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ODPosi
tionParser.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-
Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\ocpn_draw_pi.cpp(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OD
PointPropertiesImpl.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents
\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\pathmanagerdialog.cpp(51): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file
: 'ODPointPropertiesImpl.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Frederick\Docu
ments\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

30 Warning(s)
    4 Error(s)
Old 06-04-2015, 13:58   #25

I have put up the missing files so it should now compile and link. I have actually managed to get a windows system working and run the plugin. It sort of works under windows. There are some display issues, as in it does not show the boundary on the chart only the final rubber band in normal mode, if you use opengl it does show up. The boundary does show up in the path manager and the new point dialog does show the information, just there seem to be issues with the display.

So, it would seem that most of the code is working just it now needs mods to make windows happy. This again is new ground for me.

Jon
Old 06-04-2015, 14:15   #26

Jon,
Thanks for the update. Ijust git fetch --all and git pull.
cmake .. works now no missing files.
cmake --build . compiles with no errors some warnings.
cmake --build . --config release compiles with no errors and some warnings.

Code:
Build succeeded.

(ClCompile target) ->
  ..\src\ocpn_draw_pi.cpp(726): warning C4101: 'y' : unreferenced local variabl
e [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_d
raw_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\src\ocpn_draw_pi.cpp(726): warning C4101: 'x' : unreferenced local variabl
e [C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_d
raw_pi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\ocpninclude\d

18 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:14.55
Also cpack did create an install file.

Code:
C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin\ocpn_draw_pi\build>cpack
CPack: Create package using NSIS
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Install project: ocpn_draw_pi
CPack: Create package
CPack: - package: C:/Users/Frederick/Documents/OpenCPN-Data/o-plugin/ocpn_draw_p
i/build/ocpn_draw_pi-0.1-win32.exe generated.
Will next try it!
Old 06-04-2015, 14:52   #27

Next I updated Opencn V4.1 by git fetch --all and recompile and install.
Did not update the opencpn.lib but tried to install and use the plugin anyway.

So the result is that it is working! Congratulations Jon. I can draw a multipoint boundary and it is shaded. I have a little trouble understanding how to close and terminate the process.... also points entered inside the field do not seem to redraw the field properly, but that is a minor problem.

Also I can bring up the second Icon for management and I provide two screenshots for that as well.

Thanks for all your efforts creating and getting this to work! It is going to be a great drawing tool for us all. I hope other talented programers will also contribute and assist Jon in working out improvements and details.

Jon Congratulations once again on your persistance. Also a big thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocpn_draw_boundary_create.PNG
Views:	318
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	100063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocpn_draw_ boundary_list.PNG
Views:	333
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	100064  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ocpn-draw manager.PNG
Views:	282
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	100065  
Old 06-04-2015, 15:07   #28

Readme.doc
---------------

ocpn_draw_pi
--------------------------------

Compiling for Windows
------------------------------
1. Must be installed with the most current version of Opencpn V4.1 beta as it is being actively developed.
2. Must be compiled with the most recent version of opencpn.lib from V4.1 beta, placed into the "build" directory.
3. Must be compiled when on the origin/boundary branch which is the branch being worked upon currently.
====================
First from the command prompt change directory to your plugin compile directory, for me that is
cd C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\OpenCPN-Data\o-plugin

Then git clone Jon's jongough repository named ocpn_draw_pi
git clone git://github.com/jongough/ocpn_draw_pi.git ocpn_draw_pi

Then
cd ocpn_draw_pi
git fetch -all
git branch -va

Then to set up the local branch using the remote
git checkout -b boundary origin/boundary

Result: Branch boundary set up to track remote branch boundary from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'boundary'

Next copy the file "opencpn.lib" from the most recent Opencpn Version 4.1
to the 'build' directory.

Then
cmake ..
cmake --build .
cmake --build . --config release

If you have NSIS installed
cpack

Then install the plugin as Debug or Release version (appropriately) into the current OpenCPN v4.1
----------
Attached Files
File Type: doc readme_ocpn_draw.doc (1.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 06-04-2015, 15:56   #29

Rick,
Thanks for trying it out. When you have the 'Boundary' properties showing if you right click on one of the points that are used it will bring up another menu, incorrectly worded at the moment, and if you select properties it will open the properties dialog for the selected point. This looks very like the one used for waypoints (I actually used the waypoint one as a model). You can change the icon for the point, set range rings, change the colours of them and add descriptions, etc.

I have implemented its own version of 'navobjs.xml' & 'navobjs.xml.changes', 'ODnavobjs.xml' & ODnavobjs.xml.changes' so that the boundaries are persistent across clean restarts and crashes. These should be in the shared data location.

I noticed that on your screen shots you are showing green jigsaw pieces rather than the correct icons. When I ran under windows I got the same effect, although the icon files were in the correct place. If you look in the opencpn.log file you should see some messages complaining about not being able to load the image files. I only saw this this morning and I am not sure what is causing it, it seems to be something to do with '.rc' files, but not sure what they are or how to use them.

Now that you have it working on your machine I may well merge the current 'Boundary' branch to the mainline and continue to develop on the 'Boundary' branch. I want to get rid of the 'ODstyles.cpp' and rename some objects to make the code clearer.

Whilst I have implemented 'Boundaries' the underlaying code deals with Paths and Points which can then be sub-classed into other types of artifacts. When I have cleaned up the code a bit more I may try to implement some of the other suggestions that have come up, i.e. bearing lines.

Thanks for your persistance in getting this working and in creating the readme file.

Jon
Old 06-04-2015, 16:01   #30

Rick,
There are three ways to finish the boundary,:
  1. Right click the mouse
  2. Press Esc on the keyboard
  3. Left click the boundary icon
The warnings you are getting come from the way the plugin-api calls are implemented in ocpn_plugin.h . This is not my code but is the way static calls to the mainline code have been implemented. The 'MIN' & 'MAX' redefinitions are in the JSON code which I may be able to get rid of as I have stopped using that functionality at the moment.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Next I updated Opencn V4.1 by git fetch --all and recompile and install.
Did not update the opencpn.lib but tried to install and use the plugin anyway.

So the result is that it is working! Congratulations Jon. I can draw a multipoint boundary and it is shaded. I have a little trouble understanding how to close and terminate the process.... also points entered inside the field do not seem to redraw the field properly, but that is a minor problem.

Also I can bring up the second Icon for management and I provide two screenshots for that as well.

Thanks for all your efforts creating and getting this to work! It is going to be a great drawing tool for us all. I hope other talented programers will also contribute and assist Jon in working out improvements and details.

Jon Congratulations once again on your persistance. Also a big thanks.