Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2020, 04:35   #1

Chart for Lake Neuchatel

Hello everybody und Guten Tag

Leider hat guugeln nicht geholfen und ich fand bisher kein Kartenmaterial für den Neuenburgersee - kann das sein?

Until now I wasn't able to find charts for Lake Neuchatel and all googling didn't help. Is that possible?
Tonic_VD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 04:56   #2

Boat: porta bote
Re: Chart for Lake Neuchatel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic_VD View Post
Hello everybody und Guten Tag

Leider hat guugeln nicht geholfen und ich fand bisher kein Kartenmaterial für den Neuenburgersee - kann das sein?

Until now I wasn't able to find charts for Lake Neuchatel and all googling didn't help. Is that possible?

No
Nein

https://www.boatdriver.ch/boatdriver-map-1

Martin

CHAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 05:26   #3

Boat: Amel Sharki

Martin
You should tell him also how to use paper charts with OpenCPN (converting a paper chart into an electronic kap chart).
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 05:32   #4

Boat: 21' trailer sailor & 8' sailing dinghy

Vielleicht kann man Google Earth und Sat2Chart probieren, falls was sonnst nicht gibt. I habe so was fuer das 'Seechen' bei uns gemacht und alles ist bei etwa 3 Meter ueber 10 Km richtig hineingestellt worden.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...rt-233353.html

Perhaps one can try google earth and Sat2Chart, if nothing else is found. I did this for the little lake by us and everything is placed right to about 3 meters over 10 kilometers.

MfG/Best Regards
Old 22-05-2020, 07:35   #5

boatdriver hat guugle gekannt aber das eignet sich nicht für openCPN, oder? Irgendwelche Karten gibt es einige. Merci trotzdem für den Hinweis.
Old 22-05-2020, 07:42   #6

@ spot & CarCode
thanks for your hints! on openCPN i'd like to have something detailed like navionics or garmin charts - maybe even openseamap could make the deal. papercharts i prefer using on paper.
as there are big areas of shallow water in Lake Neuchatel the depths-lines are an absolute must.
Old 22-05-2020, 07:47   #7

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic_VD View Post
boatdriver hat guugle gekannt aber das eignet sich nicht für openCPN, oder? Irgendwelche Karten gibt es einige. Merci trotzdem für den Hinweis.
You should try to write english here.
To use a paper chart in OpenCPN you must convert it to an electronic raster chart (called KAP file). Goto a copy shop and digitize the paper chart into tiff or jpeg format. Take minimum 2 points (best left top and right bottom) with its lat/lon coordinates. Use e.g. the imagekap software to convert the image to a kap file with these coordinates. Now you can use it for OpenCPN.
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 08:18   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
To use a paper chart in OpenCPN you must convert it to an electronic raster chart (called KAP file). Goto a copy shop and digitize the paper chart into tiff or jpeg format. Take minimum 2 points (best left top and right bottom) with its lat/lon coordinates. Use e.g. the imagekap software to convert the image to a kap file with these coordinates. Now you can use it for OpenCPN.
Thanks for this explanation. If I don't find any vector or rastercharts at all I will probably use this option - or switch to a commercial app
Old 22-05-2020, 10:37   #9

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Try this?

https://shop.swisstopo.admin.ch/

I searched this:

https://www.google.com/search?client...e-gws-wiz-serp
Old 22-05-2020, 11:42   #10

Boat: porta bote

Quote:
Martin
You should tell him also how to use paper charts with OpenCPN (converting a paper chart into an electronic kap chart).
Quote:

You got me here CarCode

I wasn't aware to be in OpenCPN. all I saw was the name of a lake I knew quite well once upon a time
and it was still awfully early.(time wise)

Thanks for the tip and help

Martin

CHAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 05:25   #11

Thumbs up Re: Chart for Lake Neuchatel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
THX, Franziska. Really interesting stuff - I stayed more time there than planned
But to use in openCPN it's not optimal - first there are only depths bigger than five meters and second all other interesting information you usually get in a marine chart is lacking...

But I see that there is probably no standard-solution and I've to create something taylormade or use another commercial app