Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2018, 08:46   #2101

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZenSailor View Post
What is the status with the opencpn.org web site? It doesn't seem to be working.
Up and running, from here at least.
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:47   #2102
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Same here .... All up and running.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:57   #2103

Boat: Skysail 39

Littlechay, the graphs that you shows
LarsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:01   #2104

Boat: Skysail 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsD View Post
Littlechay, the graphs that you shows
Sorry, I was doing a search. Didn't know I posted.... How to delete?
LarsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:03   #2105
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Lars,

just edit your post - there is an option to delete
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:52   #2106

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Dave,
Tracker has a problem. Perhaps you can fix it?

https://opencpn.org/flyspray/
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:03   #2107

Boat: Feltz, One Off, 40 ft

Hi,
Thx all for the comments regarding my issue. Good to learn that it should be possible to get the standard sound files to work. Just some additional information: I am on Osx 10.12.6. And while travelling here in Africa, I don't feel like updating, since WiFi is fast nor reliable.

I remember having to extract / install old widgets when building Watchdog plug in. Perhaps some parts are still on my machine somewhere? Just don't know how to proceed. Did all I can (see earlier post) to get the sound up and running again, though I keep on getting the spinning Wheel.

What could I try next?

Best regards,

Werner
wernertoonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:40   #2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernertoonk View Post
What could I try next?
Werner...
You can certainly try to use this build of the current master tree (with which sound works for me and I am unable to reproduce your problem. But for me it is the same with the official release as well.) and tell me if it works better (Actually if it works at all for you).

If you are using any sound not being the bells that come with OpenCPN, you may share it so I can try to reproduce. Of course all the sounds must be WAV format to work. Parameters of the sound file should not matter, everything I tried worked for me.

Pavel
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03   #2109

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Hi,
Thx all for the comments regarding my issue. Good to learn that it should be possible to get the standard sound files to work. Just some additional information: I am on Osx 10.12.6. And while travelling here in Africa, I don't feel like updating, since WiFi is fast nor reliable.

I remember having to extract / install old widgets when building Watchdog plug in. Perhaps some parts are still on my machine somewhere? Just don't know how to proceed. Did all I can (see earlier post) to get the sound up and running again, though I keep on getting the spinning Wheel.

What could I try next?

Best regards,

Werner
After doing some more tests regarding your files you have had posted here I guess there are some settings in your file opencpn.ini which disturbs OpenCPN.
This file is stored in your opencpn folder at
Quote:
/Users/wernertoonk/Library/Preferences/opencpn/
When OpenCPN is not running rename the file opencpn.ini e.g. to opencpn.old. During next start of OpenCPN a new file opencpn.ini will be generated and hopefully you will have sound again although all old settings are lost and must be renewed. If you have sound with the new opencpn.ini please post the old file to help investigating why OpenCPN produce this bug.

Gerhard
CarCode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29   #2110

Thx Gerhard. Don't worry about my ini file. I already deleted before posting to the forum. Tried it again, making sure OpenCPN wasn't running, etc. Though no luck. A spinning wheel instead of the sound. I will try the option Pavel suggested.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:33   #2111

Thx Pavel. I will download this, though it will take a while on this public hotspot. I will post the result here asap.

My installation is as clean as I could get it. I removed previous versions and installed 4.8.0 as offered on the site. The sound files are the default sound files.
Old 05-01-2018, 14:53   #2112

Download just finished. Copied the new file to Applications folder. Restarted OpenCPN and ... still spinning wheel when trying to play the test sound. :-(
So I would say if you cannot reproduce it, it seems related to some of my settings. The only thing I can think of now, is that I installed the old SDK (as described here) and it perhaps might have got to do with that.Though how to figure out?
Old 05-01-2018, 15:35   #2113

Quote:
Download just finished. Copied the new file to Applications folder. Restarted OpenCPN and ... still spinning wheel when trying to play the test sound. :-(
So I would say if you cannot reproduce it, it seems related to some of my settings. The only thing I can think of now, is that I installed the old SDK (as described here) and it perhaps might have got to do with that.Though how to figure out?
No, this is not quite how it works on macOS. All the library dependencies not being directly provided by macOS are part of the application bundle, so it does not matter at all what you have installed on your machine.
What dylibs the application is going to load can be seen with
Code:
otool -L /Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCPN
Which, with my build will look like
Code:
$ otool -L /Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCPN 
/Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCPN:
	/usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 158.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 22.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 492.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1252.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_gl-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_baseu_net-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_baseu_xml-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_aui-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_baseu-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.5)
	/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.11)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/liblzma.5.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.3.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libcairo.2.dylib (compatibility version 11403.0.0, current version 11403.12.0)
	/usr/lib/libexpat.1.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 8.0.0)
	@executable_path/../MacOS/libexif.12.dylib (compatibility version 16.0.0, current version 16.3.0)
	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 104.1.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 50.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1450.15.0)
Everything starting with @executable_path is bundled with the application and has precedence over whatever you installed yourself.

Just to be sure - you say you open the Toolbox, go to Ships -> AIS Targets, click on Select Alert Sound, select 2bells.wav from /Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/SharedSupport/sounds/, click on Test Alert Sound and instead of hearing the double bell, hear nothin, the spinning wheel appears and the application gets stuck, right?

As you seem to have the Xcode toolchain available, what you can certainly try is to start Xcode, from the Xcode -> Open Developer Tool menu start the Instruments profiler, attach it to the OpenCPN process and have a look what's going on.
Of course much better would be if you built debug version from source and had a look at that, but even the release one could provide some useful info. Or not.
BTW, there is no need to use any specific wxWidgets version from the documentation, what you just installed from me is using the tip of the WX_3_0_BRANCH, which contains a fix for the wxSound class I wanted you to try (The result is both API and ABI compatible with what the official OpenCPN builds use, if done correctly).
And I regularly build also against the current wxWidgets master (that some people call "wxWidgets 3.1.1") and the result is usually usable, although of course incompatible with any of the prebuilt plugins we distribute from opencpn.org.

Pavel
Old 06-01-2018, 13:10   #2114

@Pavel,
thx! just a bit wifi again and a loaded battery. Not sure if this helps: /usr/local/lib/wx>otool -L /Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCPN
/Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCPN:
/usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 158.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 22.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 492.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1252.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_gl-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_baseu_net-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_baseu_xml-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_aui-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libwx_baseu-3.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
/usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.5)
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.11)
@executable_path/../MacOS/liblzma.5.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.3.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libcairo.2.dylib (compatibility version 11403.0.0, current version 11403.12.0)
/usr/lib/libexpat.1.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 8.0.0)
@executable_path/../MacOS/libexif.12.dylib (compatibility version 16.0.0, current version 16.3.0)
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 104.1.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 50.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1450.15.0)

I will try to work with XCode later.
Old 14-01-2018, 11:37   #2115

Boat: Najad 34

Windows-OCPN-VNC
I've TightVNC server on the PC and different clients. All acts the same:
When the client is connected/disconnected OCPN on the PC act as if the alt-key was pressed - the menu is opened. To get rid of it I've to press alt-key on the PC. (Or - more job - send alt-key from the VNC client.)
Could any one imagine how and why this happens, and find a method to hinder it?

Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote