Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 05:58   #106

Re: Bullying on the Waterway ( Sunset Lake, Miami )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim767 View Post
"The man grumbled some things about making our life miserable, said he'd be back and said he would park his boat right next to us tomorrow with the music going."

By threating to take an illegal action with the apparent means to carry out the threat is by most legal definitions an assault.

I could imagine "making my life miserable" to include sinking the boat, beating me viciously, cutting the mooring line etc".

I could also imagine the utterance " make your life miserable" could easily be mistaken for "make your wife missing" or a threat of kidnapping.

The police, marine or otherwise, should be contacted as soon as the threat is issued and a formal complaint lodged.
That is hardly an illegal action.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:08   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
" If this goes on long enough he will do something to land him in the news or jail."

People get in the news, and in jail, for shooting other people...just a thought.
Yes, I supect he is well armed. And FL is a shall-issue state so he is probably carrying concealed. Let's just say that mass retaliatory harassment could push him over the edge and maybe more than he would be in the news. You could be right, but "dead right."

ps: Just thinking in my evil way, if I really wanted to discourage boaters from anchoring in my back yard I would scuba out and cut the anchor line at night. You could never prove who did it.

I think you should stop
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15   #108

Boat: 1967 Alberg 35

Nothing excuses ridiculously rude behavior but if I had stuff stolen repeatedly, I'd probably be a bit pissed. The feeling I have about Florida in general is getting pretty negative: too many people, too many boats, the inevitable incivility, too many regulations, intrusive and capricious law enforcement. Would like to hear different from Floridians but this seems to be the gist of many conversations.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15   #109
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R

I have deleted various posts in this discussions which were disrespectful. Cruisers Forum is not a platform for disgruntled people to rant about vendors, other boaters or landowners. These issues often become emotionally charged and people fail to remain respectful which is a primary goal for our community.

This discussion has run it's course, there is not a lot of other relevant information that can be added at this time. It's going to be closed for the time being. If any relevant information surfaces please contact a moderator and we will consider opening this discussion again.
Closed Thread

Tags
miami